Pariveda Solutions Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 20 Feb 2020

4.9
Pariveda Solutions CEO Bruce Ballengee
Bruce Ballengee
Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance and associated stress from carry-over work is always a challenge in a consulting environment(in 17 reviews)

• "occasionally working long hours to ensure a project's success, or feeling isolated on your client team), this is the one thing I come back to(in 13 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great salary and benefits, very growth-focused company, strong mentor program.

Cons

Work-life balance can be difficult toward the end of projects.

Pariveda Solutions2020-02-21
  2. "Great company to push yourself to grow"

Current Employee - Manager II in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent mentoring structuring with a transparent salary structure. Constant opportunities to grow which you can dial back if needed.

Cons

You will work more here and at times a work/life balance will be tough, but moderately manageable depending on how fast you're trying to grow.

Pariveda Solutions2020-01-31
  3. "Great company to nurture and grow your career"

Current Employee - Principal in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Having been with the firm for several years now, I can confidently get behind our motto of developing people to their fullest potential. I could have never imagined the kind of career growth and opportunities elsewhere over the same period of time. In particular, working at Pariveda for the early part of your career will accelerate your growth curve significantly. The level of mentorship and detailed career guidance you will get here is unmatched. Smart, dedicated co-workers are also something you come to expect at all client engagements, which is one the primary reasons I have continued to stick around.

Cons

Work/life balance and associated stress from carry-over work is always a challenge in a consulting environment. As you get more senior, the lines blur and I feel the same levels of dedicated mentorship may not seem as apparent (i.e. you have to be smart enough to seek it out from the right people). If you're fortunate enough to get promoted into the local executive team (i.e. Principal cohorts and up), you will inevitably gain exposure to some of the cross-office and leadership oriented politics that exist at all places. More importantly, you will have to find your way through the maze to continue to grow and find a niche that allows for those opportunities above and beyond account management / sales.

Pariveda Solutions2020-01-04

Pariveda Solutions Response

February 2, 2020Founder and CEO

Thank you for your contributions to Pariveda and mentoring of our Fins over the years. Growing people towards their highest potential is core to our mission and culture and that means all Fins, including our leadership, and our clients. As we scale and more of our college hires develop into Principals and Vice Presidents, we continue to adapt our practices. Your feedback is instrumental to our continuous improvement. Please continue mentoring and providing feedback about your personal experiences. Thank you for sharing your comments!

4. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay level transparency Work life balance Vacation (forfeit at cap) Well defined career path and review structure Great environment (people, office)

Cons

We receive constructive feedback from peers, which means we also need to give that same level of feedback, which could be demanding and draining.

Pariveda Solutions2019-10-21
  5. "Amazing Place to Work and Grow"

5.0
    Current Employee - Consultant (C1)

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great culture, focused on making you the best version of yourself - Feedback is encouraged and management genuinely cares about you - Competitive pay and benefits - Linear and transparent career path - Amazing work/life balance because most clients are local

Cons

- You can't climb the ranks faster than others

Pariveda Solutions2019-10-21
  6. "Awesome company with clear promotion paths"

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Transparent and clear promotion paths. Focused on growth for employees as they move up the ladder into management positions. Deliberate to find cool tech and interesting projects for consultants to work on. Great work life balance and treat their employees very well.

Cons

Sometimes growth initiatives don't line up with personal goals/interests. Rigid promotion timeline.

7. "People-focused consulting"

Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pariveda is a great place to work to continue learning throughout your entire career. Some of the best things: - Transparent pay scale - Consistent and non-competitive review and promotion process - Clear growth path (Consultant -> Associate -> Manager -> Principal -> Vice President) - Formal mentor process to support and assist growth - Great people in a team-focused, collaborative environment! - Attention paid to individual well-being and office/company culture to support work-life balance and sustainable staffing - Emphasis on placing employees where they will be able to grow, not simply where they will provide the greatest profit for the firm - Transparency around firm financial metrics - Individuals at all levels encouraged to take initiative to engage with the office or company — assist with recruiting, lead technical or non-technical learning opportunities, etc. - Community service hours required at each level, and office teams dedicated to creating group service opportunities - Expectations Framework that describes the behaviors and expectations at every level across a variety of categories, giving a clear idea of what is needed to move to each level

Cons

This company is very white, and very male. There are support networks created company-wide for groups that fall outside of those categories, and the company touts a commitment to diversity, but that hasn't changed the fact that if you are not white and male, there will be times where you will be the "only" in a room. Pariveda is very demanding, in that they expect you to put continuous time and effort into working on yourself. This is not an environment where you can just coast. The review and promotion processes are intense, and designed to identify growth areas in which the company can support you. You will be put in positions and situations that stretch your abilities in order to help you grow them, which can be very stressful — Pariveda's goal is to keep you right on the learning edge of stress, where you're never quite comfortable, but you're never too far out of your depth. The career path at Pariveda is designed to build well-rounded professionals. It leads from heavily-technical roles up through high-level management — if your goal is to stay purely technical, and not move to account and client management, then this path may not be for you.

Pariveda Solutions2019-10-02
  8. "The employee comes first!"

Current Employee - Vice President in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-- I have never seen a company where the employee truly comes first. Pariveda believes that by putting the employee first, client work improves and intra-company contributions (and community activities) multiply. Growing a person to their fullest potential is all Management Team members' highest priority - everything else follows. -- Well-designed career path that includes all forms of assistance/training/support to help a consultant succeed through hierarchical ranks. -- Benefits are at par with (or better than) what much larger companies offer.

Cons

Usual consulting-sector cons, including projects that have peaks and troughs in terms of work-load; consultants have to accept some days with long hours. Having said that, work-life balance (for a consulting firm) is excellent.

Pariveda Solutions2019-09-17
  9. "Glad to be working here"

Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Set expectations to guide employees to the next step in their career -Very flexible with good work life balance(varies per project, but management does their best to deal with any red flags, that might signal an unhealthy balance) -Culture is great, everyone is very relaxed, helpful and friendly -Promotions revolve around the employee, not the roles the company needs to fill -Benefits are not the best, but they are definitely close to the top -Management takes into consideration employee growth opportunities, and avoid trying to pigeon hole anyone My two cents here is that your work life, will be generally shaped by the people you work with. You won't keep great people, if the culture sucks. That being said, great people from top to bottom at Pariveda.

Cons

-Project work varies, and you wont always work with what you want, but will still learn a ton -Snacks are plentiful, so very hard to keep your snacking to a minimum

Pariveda Solutions2019-09-14
  10. "Great Culture, Interesting Work"

Current Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

- I've gotten the opportunity to learn new technologies and am encouraged and supported in my development growth - Transparent pay scale - Clear career path for moving up in the company - Management team places a lot of trust in the Consultants. Felt like I've been a valuable member of the team. - Good work/life balance, super flexible and understanding - Management team puts in effort to foster a good office culture and community

Cons

- Work varies from project to project- some can be more interesting than others. But you're encouraged to speak up if you feel that a project is not promoting your career growth, so this never feels like a problem to me.

Pariveda Solutions2019-09-06