Patelco Credit Union Reviews

Updated 12 Jan 2021

3.4
Patelco Credit Union President and Chief Executive Officer Erin Mendez (no image)
Erin Mendez
Pros
  • "Great benefits starting with health insurance and pto acrues if you don't use it to 240 I believe(in 17 reviews)

• "Benefits are good, company offers fun events(in 6 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Believe in the Mission"

4.0
    Former Employee - Member Solutions Specialist

I worked at Patelco Credit Union part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Mission and Vision, like working for a company where I am promoting a product I believe in

Cons

short staffed sometimes had to switch to teller

October 28, 2020Communications Specialist

First of all, thank you for being there for our members, especially during this difficult time. And thank you for sharing your experience as a Patelco team member. We truly believe in taking care of our members and our team, especially during these uncertain financial times. Unfortunately, to meet the needs of our members (which has changed and continues to in response to the economy), we did have to temporarily shift roles throughout this year. Thank you for your flexibility and for the service you gave to Patelco and especially our members.

2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union full-time

Pros

Culture, one team mindset, financial well-being for members and team members

Cons

There are no downsides. Great place to work!

January 12, 2021Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Patelco CU. We pride ourselves on our culture of people helping people, who are dedicated our mission. Thank you for being a part of the Patelco team!

"Great Employer"

Current Employee - Member Solutions Specialist in Elk Grove, CA

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union full-time

Pros

Flexible with benefits. Treat employees well.

Cons

Not many opportunities to grow.

January 12, 2021Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to see that you feel treated well and have flexibility. We'd like to see our team members grow with us and do have a few options on ways that you could possibly grow with us. Please have a conversation with your manager about what your career could look like and take advantage of our free learning. Thank you for being part of the Patelco team.

4. "Good place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Team Leader in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union full-time

Pros

Non incentive company that looks out for member financial health and well being

Cons

theres to be a system issue here and there

December 15, 2020Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your work experience at Patelco. As a credit union, we pride ourselves on being ethical and are truly dedicated to the best interests of our members, which is why we do not offer incentives. As we continue to grow and digital banking becomes more desirable, we have encountered some system issues. Please share your suggestions and observations through our Change Makers campaign - where we're asking our team to let us know how we can improve. Thank you for being a part of the Patelco team!

"Not Profit"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Patelco Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

The salary and benefits are great

Cons

A culture of gossip and not about what you know more about who you have in your corner

October 28, 2020Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience as a Manager at Patelco. We do strive to have competitive salaries and benefits that will take care of our team, so thank you for recognizing that. The strength of our team is one of our greatest strengths, as our team usually echoes in surveys. Sorry that you had the unfortunate experience of gossip, as that is not supported and we hope you'll share this with your former team mates or manager. Thank you for your service at Patelco.

"The leadership team needs a lot of scrutiny"

2.0
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union full-time

Pros

If you find the right people to work with, you are golden. You will learn a lot and be given opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

The C level at Patelco is very smart but the leadership team is short sighted. The VPs have their own agenda where it’s always a blame game and not about the company. Little do they care about their team members. When VPs are elected leaders for their businesses, they should truly represent leadership. But they are instilling a lot of toxicity with their selfish agenda within team members.

October 28, 2020Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your very honest and candid perspective of working as a Manager at Patelco. Without knowing which part of the organization you worked in, it's difficult to respond. We believe in continuous learning and empower our leaders with tools to help them lead and grow. If you would like to share feedback more specifically about your experience, we would appreciate it by contacting Suzanne Rumsey, VP of Talent. Thank you again for your service at Patelco.

"Good Part Time Job"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Dublin, CA

I worked at Patelco Credit Union part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, I had a good team, good part time work

Cons

Not many areas for growth

October 28, 2020Communications Specialist

Thank you for your service at Patelco Credit Union. We want our team members to grow with us, on a path that they are passionate about which is why we encourage our employees to have open and honest conversations with their managers on a continuous basis. We're sorry if this was not your experience, but hope you will continue to share your career aspirations with whoever your manager is!

8. "OK but wouldn't stay forever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, culture, HQ is very nice

Cons

Outdated systems and vendors in place

August 12, 2020Communications Specialist

Thank you for sharing your perspective on working at Patelco. We are making many upgrades to our systems so that we can meet and exceed our members' financial needs, this includes our vendors. Please talk with your manager or leader about any suggestions you have and help us improve this experience for members and our team. Thank you.

9. "Solutions Nightmare."

1.0
     in Dublin, CA

I worked at Patelco Credit Union

Pros

New location is in a commutable area

Cons

I lasted only couple of weeks. The person who trained me was horrible it was like being in high school she was bad mouthing all of the other employees. They were not prepared to train me.

March 10, 2020Communications Specialist

We're sorry to hear your experience with Patelco was short and did not meet your expectations. Some departments are responsible for training new members of their team and without knowing which department, it's difficult to determine which training path. Our HR onboarding partners and your manager would have been excellent resources, which we recommend in new team member orientation on day one. If you're open to sharing which department, we would appreciate the opportunity to follow up with them. Thank you for sharing your experience.

"Worst company"

1.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Patelco Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

No pros for this shady company

Cons

Patelco is operating shady business by just opening accounts without members consent and just looking to bring in new business which ever way they can in a wrong way. Patelco soon will get in some real trouble like Wells Fargo did. If you want to ruin your career join Patelco.

February 25, 2020Communications Specialist

Thank you for sharing your review and perceptions as a Patelco team member. As a member-owned credit union, we are committed to promoting the highest standards of ethical conduct, and we hold our team accountable for acting with the upmost of integrity. We purposefully do not reward our team with production bonuses or commissions (based on the number of accounts they open) because we do not want to encourage this type of behavior. As part of our onboarding, compliance training and throughout a team member’s career at Patelco, we reinforce and encourage the reporting of any unethical behavior, such as this, to their manager, Human Resources or our Ethics Hotline. We would appreciate learning more about your observations and any other information you would like to share by contacting Suzanne Rumsey, VP, Talent. Thank you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 113 English Reviews