What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The only redeeming virtue of working for Pathway Genomics was the interesting work and free lunches." (in 5 reviews)
- "Free food everyday which is nice." (in 4 reviews)
- "Everyone was great and we worked pretty well together and I don't really have any huge complains about anything in my office." (in 3 reviews)
- "Most of them have left or been laid off now, but my team was amazing." (in 3 reviews)
- "There were some decent people there" (in 3 reviews)
- "casual dress code but management heard the employees' wishes and changed the policy." (in 6 reviews)
- "Layoffs then hires, layoffs then hires, it feels very unstable." (in 3 reviews)
- "No culture" (in 3 reviews)
- "Upper management is a revolving door and it is always unclear who is actually in charge or making key decisions." (in 3 reviews)
Found 3 of over 96 reviews
Updated 19 Mar 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "pathway genomics"Return to all Reviews
- 1.022 Dec 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
I worked with some of the best scientists in biotech San Diego has to offer. Most of them have left or been laid off now, but my team was amazing. Yes, Pathway Genomics does offer free lunch. No, it's not the best but it's free. No, there's no 'sushi friday'. Don't get me started on the faked events and stunts here.
They have no respect for the science or the employees. The lab had a broken ventilation system for several months and I left before it was fixed. It smelled awful. Between the disrespect given to our VP of Genetics and our previous Directors, along with the ongoing trouble with the FDA, I decided this was not the place for me. I'm not sure what vision they are going after. The company seemed more interested in presenting themselves as a ground breaking research lab rather than actually being one. Research was an uphill battle with the C level management. It's like working for a circus. The are always asking you to stand up and do a trick for investors rather than protecting what little revenue we bring in.20
- 1.027 Jul 2013Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
The only redeeming virtue of working for Pathway Genomics was the interesting work and free lunches.
Employees are monitored worse than 1984 and treated like cattle. Pay is in the low range and the policy was to ensure all employees were working under the watchful eye of management. Regardless of the technical best practices, senior management with no knowledge of the issues dictated how things should be done. Also, they were not well funded and one potential investor away from layoffs for junior staff.15