Paychex Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated 1 Apr 2020

3.8
Paychex President and CEO Martin Mucci
Martin Mucci
1,338 Ratings
Pros
  • "Paychex offers great benefits including a very generous tuition assistance program that you can start using on the second month of employment(in 235 reviews)

• "Work Life Balance is amazing, flexible(in 179 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Company to Sell For if You Are Willing to Work Hard!!"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Paychex full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Paychex always pays commission on time. If you are top 5%, you begin to make serious money. If you are top 1%, you make awesome $. Medical benefits are great! Paychex is a big company where people still care. I have worked for 5 -6 different managers. I haven't had a bad manager so far.

Cons

Sometimes territory can be a little bit saturated since there are many sales rep. Sometimes sales reps fight over accounts. Some sales reps are not very honest and lie to sell to accounts that are not theirs. It is not Paychex's fault. It is the sales rep. Customer service issues have increased over the years as Paychex now offers more than 80 products. Hopefully, it will improve.

Paychex2020-04-02

April 6, 2020Employer Brand Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback with us. We're thrilled to hear how happy you've been at Paychex. As you know, one of our values is Integrity so we'd like an opportunity to investigate your feedback a bit further - please email us at glassdoor@paychex.com. And we'll share your feedback about 401(k) with the benefits team. Thanks!

2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Paychex full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Benefits, flexible schedule and good culture

Cons

A lot of tasks thrown at you at one time

Paychex2020-03-10

March 13, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your feedback!

3. "Great 2nd sales job"

Current Employee - SMB Sales Representative in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Paychex full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- High volume - Great networking - Lots of reward incentives - Great benefits - Solid pay for young adult - You'll hear from recruiters nearly every single day

Cons

- New reps valued more than tenured reps - Constant strategy changes - Mixed messages from different managers - Ultra competitive industry

Paychex2020-03-10

March 13, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your insight and feedback. Your experience is important to us and we appreciate you sharing where we're meeting them, and where we have opportunity to improve.

4. "Just started but love it so far!"

5.0

I have been working at Paychex full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great opportunity to make a lot of money Great training Great management Opportunities to move up with company Great benefits

Cons

I have not experienced any yet.

Paychex2020-01-22

January 24, 2020Employer Brand Manager

We're happy you're happy here!

"Look elsewhere...not worth it. Stay away from 401k"

1.0
    Former Employee - 401k Specialist in West Henrietta, NY

I worked at Paychex full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Paychex is great if you are fresh out of college and looking for experience. Expect low pay but great benefits. Great if you are looking to use tuition reimbursement but leave after you won’t have to pay them back.

Cons

Management. I had a supervisor that only gave Christmas cards to people. The environment was hostile. Supervisors only say hi to who they like and if you have any concern - it’s reversed back on you and not their problem. Do not accept any jobs in 401k - you’re wasting your time.

Paychex2020-01-17

January 21, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your 10+ years with Paychex as well as taking the time to leave us feedback. Integrity and Respect are 2 of our values - and we’re disappointed to hear that what you experienced was not aligned with those values. We would like the opportunity to connect and address any further feedback on your experience. Please contact us directly at glassdoor@paychex.com

6. "Great Stepping Stone"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Paychex full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Benefits, 5 star Training

Cons

Landscape of Company is changing in favor of Virtual Sales.

Paychex2019-11-03

November 12, 2019Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!

"Solid Company, too many changes and burn out eventually"

4.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Paychex full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good culture, great benefits, decent upside and solid resources

Cons

Management is bad because they do not pay well and quality managers left, Running many appointments per week, commissions are now paid over a year of time instead of next month following a sale and if client leaves after a few months then I'll have made only my commission percentage on the number of months meaning I miss out on 75% of commission which didn't use to be the case

Paychex2019-09-23

October 2, 2019Employer Brand Manager

Your feedback is important to us. If you would like an opportunity to discuss your insights in more detail, drop us a line at glassdoor@paychex.com.

8. "Smb"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Paychex full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, great people. No micromanaging and can create your own schedule.

Cons

They have segmented what you’re allowed to work which makes it hard to build relationships and increase revenue. Especially in LA all the big firms have hold outs.

Paychex2019-10-03

November 21, 2019Employer Brand Manager

Your feedback is important to us. While we're glad to hear you're happy with your benefits, teammates, and flexibility, we'll ensure your concerns are shared with the folks who need to know. Thank you.

9. "Possitive Work Environment"

Former Employee - Senior Payroll Support Specialist in Miami, FL

I worked at Paychex full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Teamwork Ongoing training and development Room for growth and advancement Great Benefits Management support If I did not have to relocate for family reasons, I would never have even considered leaving Paychex. The company really does value its clients and invests in its team members.

Cons

Fast-paced. Deadlines, deadlines, and more deadlines The actual job can often be stressful Requires serious dedication and focus

Paychex2019-09-01

September 20, 2019Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for this feedback and we're bummed to hear that one of our offices wasn't close enough for you to stay with us after you relocated. We appreciate you sharing the things you loved and ways we can make our employee experience better.

10. "Paychex feeds my family, my soul and my future"

Current Employee - District Sales Leader in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Paychex full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits package and professional career paths. Products and Services are marketable and unique to the market. Enjoyment of outside sales and coaching and training others. 401K and stock pricing allows me to buy a house.

Cons

The perception that HR and Payroll services are a commodity has to be challenged in the marketplace. As a leader of the Small/Midsize of HR/Payroll/Benefits/Training, a sales rep. must be always up to date on information that can support clients. An enjoyment of learning, sharing and educating others is a must.

Paychex2019-08-26