Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Paycom Reviews

Updated 21 February 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • PTO first year, work life balance (in 41 reviews)

• This job involves hard work - especially while you are in training (in 25 reviews)

"Life changing opportunity!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible training and continued opportunity for development, average income for sales rep is 289k, inspiring leadership, overall great environment for those willing to work very, very hard.

Cons

Very challenging job and not a lot of time off your first year but it's all worth it for the insane amounts of money we make and the career experience we gain.

Advice to Management

Keep up the incredible work!

31 Jan 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review!

"Someone who intended to be a long term employee but just couldn't"

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The convenience of $4 lunches, benefits (insurance starts at about $100 a check for a dependent, so the $1 is only for yourself), some of the team leads and most definitely the people that kept me sane.

Cons

Everything that's been put in other reviews is absolutely true. There is hardly any PTO, you are made to feel guilty when you take it. It accrues at a slow rate per checks so you have to save it and never ask off if you want to have multiple days at a time. I had to push for a few unpaid hours to take a single day for my kids since my sitter was ill but watched multiple young girls call in so much they were already taking unpaid time.

I wanted to be there a long time but they expect a ton of overtime out of you with little sympathy for people with families, even with horrible weather. They send an email out about the "nature of their business" needing everyone to be at work but it's weird how none of the managers are there? They will have you working so many hours and get used to the extra money then take it away one morning where you can't clock in early or late and must leave for lunch. Also, if you're one minute late, you are talked to and I've seen people get written up for being 6 minutes late when they gave their team lead notice for it.

You are written up for very small things. Whether it be metrics, positivity, or phone use that's not even to an excess. If work is slow and you have nothing to do, you have to appear to look busy and get glared at for quietly chatting with coworkers for a few minutes. I have been told to not discuss daily work frustrations or "current events" aka- news stories with the people I spend most of my waking hours with.

I've seen people in my own and other departments get fired for things at the drop of a dime without warrant, then management will say they had "plenty of warning and notice" when in fact they didn't, because sometimes those people are your closest friends outside of work so you know it's not true.

The leaders are very young, they have barely any life or work experience, and they take a few training classes, learn how to be "heart or hammer" type of leader and think they are fit for the job. They are usually chosen by who looks and acts the part, who wears blazers and promotes positivity everyday. I have yet to see a tenured, experienced person chosen for a position.

Also, we have NEVER seen the CEO at Paycom. Not once.

Advice to Management

Stop the micromanaging and treating capable employees like children with the monthly "recognition" meetings where the same few people win every time and having adults play games, give more PTO, because we watch all of you take tons of time off, and give bonuses to the groups who carry your company and keep the secrets about the system that you don't want others to know.

17 Feb 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your review. We also intend for every employee to be a “long-term employee.” The past year has been one of tremendous growth at the company, both in size and opportunity which ... More

3. "Overall great place to work"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Welcoming environment, love their employees, lunch on site, dedicated to helping everyone reach success, great benefits offered

Cons

Would have preferred a job description when starting out, less pay than some estimates project, small annual raises, lack of communication from management

Advice to Management

Communication is key. lack of availability to your staff is an issue. Return emails when you can, and show up to scheduled meetings- or at least decline your invites

"Great company, long work days"

Current Employee - ACA Coordinator in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - ACA Coordinator in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Fun environment, great people, TONS of opportunity to grow

Cons

Very corporate environment, you can get fired at the drop of a hat with no reprimand first, high stress environment

23 Jan 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We would like to clarify that while the circumstances around an employee termination may vary, Paycom believes in working with employees who may be struggling. Employee ... More

"Its an okay company."

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If i show up and do my job, I receive a paycheck.

Cons

The culture is very cult like so anything negative said will get you a write up or cause you to be an outcast.

Alot of the time you do more than your are compensated (pay is terrible compared to stress level)

Advice to Management

It would be nice if paycom was more accepting of criticism. Its not a perfect company. My job shouldn't be on the line for voicing faults with the company.

9 Feb 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your candor. We appreciate you sharing your feedback and are disappointed that you don’t feel as if your voice is heard. We strive to be an company open to constructive feedback ... More

"Exceptional if you work hard"

Pros

Fantastic opportunities financially especially compared to what young people normally get shortly out of school. Really great coworkers who channel their competiveness outside of the company and foster collaboration with their team.

Cons

Long hours because you project manage the implementation as well as holding all sales responsibilities, but you're compensated fairly for the time you put in, particularly as you progress upwards.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing in regards to how you treat your employees, but make sure you are market aware. You're now a generation off of being new and need to continue to innovate to block the next generation of competition.

10 Jan 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback!

"The Truth About Paycom"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

You won't find a workplace that does more to keep it's people happy: prizes, dress up days, gifts, parties, food...Paycom works very hard to be a fun place to work.

The opportunities for growth are endless, both in terms of moving up to new positions and for developing in your own role. There are very clear and reasonable promotions (including pay increases) within your position based on your performance.

The average person at Paycom is very smart, hardworking and most of all, genuinely cares about their fellow workers. I've seen countless examples of folks going above and beyond to have their coworkers backs, take opportunities to show kindness and generosity, and be encouraging when people are stressed.

The work itself is rarely dull. I am always learning new things and working on new problems.

The benefits are great: $1 healthcare, onsite gym, catered lunch in a nice cafeteria (though most employees work through lunch at their desks), stock options, lots of promotional swag

There is a lot of confidence that we are headed in the right direction, have strong leadership and are getting a lot of the top talent.

Diverse workforce including many women in leadership roles.

Paycom hires for culture fit most of all. There are many people here who don't come from a technology or banking background, and the robust training we receive is aware of that.

Cons

Explosive growth is exciting, but that does mean an enormous workload. And even though Paycom hires roughly 20 people a week, the workload is still unreasonable at times and many employees work large amounts of overtime and are stressed to an unhealthy degree.

Traffic getting off campus is quite the bottleneck. Just leaving the parking lot adds 15 minutes to your commute.

Starting pay is reasonable, but not in line with the usual Paycom values of beating out the competition and spoiling employees.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring, raise starting pay; access road to Council or 150th; Qdoba day every day.

27 Dec 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback and ideas regarding improving the company.

"Best place I have ever worked"

Former Employee - Team Support Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Former Employee - Team Support Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycom devotes so many resources to bettering their employees
    Awesome $4 lunches (sometimes free)
    Amazing coworkers and community
    Tons of events and fun activities
    Growing company, and enjoyable work

I am a former Paycom employee, and only left because I moved to Arizona. Every day I think about how the thing I miss most about Oklahoma was my amazing job, working for a company that actually cared about me.

Cons

Overtime at year end
    Work can be challenging (I don't really see either of these as cons)
    I have nothing negative to say about Paycom - truly a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work. And hire me back when I eventually move back to Oklahoma :)

19 Dec 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We wish you success in your future endeavors.

10. "Pros vs cons"

Pros

fast growing and lots of room for growth and advancement

Cons

Most employees are overworked and departments are understaffed

12 Jan 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your succinct review. Paycom is growing and we understand that sometimes the work can be challenging as we onboard new employees. We hope as a current employee, you’ll continue to ... More

"Talented Recruiting Team"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great compensation package, I am making more now than I did in sales for my last company! The leadership truly cares for the people and will invest in them both personally and professionally. With that being said sometimes changes must be made if someone isn't pulling their weight. This is taken very seriously but should never be a surprise because everyone knows their goals and required metrics. The leaders teach us how to find talent, they provide the tools we need, they jump in whenever we need them to and most importantly they are high energy, positive and motivating because Paycom recruiting is very challenging. We have amazingly high standards when it comes to an entry point and multi-step interview processes - this is both a pro and a con. Paycom is growing at a rate of 40% so it can get a bit crazy at times but I am very thankful that is our problem rather than layoffs. I am very proud to be on the Paycom team, we accomplish more in one week than most recruiting teams accomplish in two months! If you want to up your game and really learn how to acquire talent consider joining our team I would definitely recommend this career to anyone.

Cons

We work really hard often times I log in from home because there is a lot to do. BUT I am paid more the more hires I make so it is worth the extra time I put in! We have high standards and are growing like crazy - both are pros and cons. It can be challenging to keep up with the growth at times and some managers are better prepared than others to handle the growth but ultimately we get it done.

Advice to Management

Continue pouring into the employees with trainings, perks, positive encouragement and never stop pushing us all to better. Also never stop pushing out those that either are not willing or are not capable of helping us reach the ultimate goal of being #1.

12 Dec 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and for sharing your experience.