Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Paycom Reviews

Updated 12 May 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • They always bring catered lunches from good restaurants for lunch that cost only (in 32 reviews)

• She would always push me and notice the hard work that I put into this position (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 47 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 27 reviews)

1. "Seek a job here if you value being the best and being surrounded by the best"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you love mastering your craft and developing skills you can use in any role at Paycom or otherwise, ignore the cynical reviews and go for it! The company is not going to settle for mediocrity. If you want fluff and sunshine and weak leadership that leads you on but doesn't LEAD you, look elsewhere. You will earn what I call a "Paycom MBA." Even if you have one already, this experience is like none other. Not only will you receive job knowledge, training and skill development (unless you blatantly ignore a mountain of incredible resources right in front of you), you will work with inspiring people who will not only become your friends, but excellent mentors for your WHOLE life. Work is life. And it's a great life working at Paycom.

Cons

Not enough hours in the day to get my hands on all the projects I'm able to contribute to just by asking or simply doing.

Advice to Management

Foster an environment of gratitude. From other reviews I've read here, I think some have forgotten they're too blessed to be stressed.

26 Apr 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear how much you have valued your experience at Paycom.

"The good, the bad, the ugly about Paycom"

Former Employee - Executive Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Executive Sales Representative

I worked at Paycom full-time

Pros

-Training and development program
    -Head of sales is incredibly inspiring
    -Compensation opportunity ($200k+)
    -Medical plans $1 per pay period
    -Executive Sales Representatives quarterly training in Dallas
    -Culture used to be a huge plus but management has changed that significantly

Cons

-Success depends on office manager (take the job if you're applying in Orange County)
    -NEW senior leader has drastically changed sales culture (he will ask you about your religious views and political affiliation)
    -Management team does not value career sales, only as good as your last couple of deals
    -Politics for promotional opportunities
    -In 2016 Paycom changed President's Club location last minute from Grand Caymen Islands to Scottsdale, AZ
    -First year work/life balance (expect 60+ work weeks)
    -Buyers hate payroll companies and do not want to change
    -Overly competitive marketplace
    -Long sales cycles (4-6 months average)
    -Be prepared to facilitate and coordinate all payroll implementations without payroll training
    -Major turnover in sales organization (especially first year reps >70%)
    -Complex software to learn (diverse product set)
    -Gossip mill and politics across offices
    -Inexperienced managers due to lack of training
    -Internal HR department is extremely unprofessional and unprepared

Advice to Management

-Monitor the culture across offices
    -Pay attention to turnover and exit surveys, your culture is bleeding and you need to do something about it
    -Leader of the company needs to change dictator leadership style

18 May 2017 – Paycom Representative

We appreciate you acknowledging the many positives to working in sales at Paycom. We strive to offer tremendous training, support and opportunity to our sales representatives. Regarding some of your ... More

"Paycom is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have really enjoyed working at Paycom for more than 3 years. The HR activities, swag, free gym, leadership and continued education are all perks at Paycom. They really care about the happiness of their employees and it shows through the various activities throughout the year.

Cons

The time off and sick leave are lacking.The healthcare is only $1 a pay period, but I'd rather pay more and have better coverage.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and readjust leaders where needed.

25 Apr 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share it with the management team.

"You're killing me smalls....."

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I rarely read these reviews, but when I do I'm literally in shock. I have worked at Paycom for 3+ years and I have had colleagues leave the company... then they leave their next company and then their next company and then the next one. They continue to have the same complaints that they had at Paycom so.... is it Paycom or them? At no point did my manager sugarcoat how challenging this job would be. They were upfront from the very beginning and at one point I almost wondered if they were actually trying to scare me away. Well, it didn't work! I knew I had the drive, I knew I was sharp, and I knew I could succeed. Thank God I took this chance. I am in a better position financially than I have ever been in, I am proud of the work that I do and I have a deep respect for my manager. Ps. The last company I worked for also asked me to write a review and so did the restaurant I went to last night and so did the Lexus dealership that sold me my car.

Cons

No job is perfect, but the pros to Paycom vastly outweigh the cons.

Advice to Management

Don't hire people that are entitled. Save the positions for people that want to work hard and own their success.

18 Apr 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and your insight!

"Best company ever!!"

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are so many amazing reasons! Catered lunches, great teams, fun activities, company wide parties, and Jeans weeks every month. Plus a fully stocked gym!

Cons

I have been at this job for a month, I have no complaints whatsoever! There are so many great benefits!

19 Apr 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and enthusiasm! To clarify, typically "Jeans Week" happens once a quarter with a few extra opportunities thrown in throughout the year. Additionally, we do enjoy casual ... More

"Big money, big brother"

Pros

Literally the highest paying job I can think of that doesnt require an advanced degree. $70,000 to $125,000 first 1-2 years is far from uncommon. It makes me queasy thinking about how much money I passed up on.

Cons

Massive turnover. Stress-test/weed-out for first two months. Set 7 appointments per week or gtfo. You will get screamed at while cold calling & thrown out by security on sales visits. Very high pressure. Discrimination- get ready for regional VP to grill you on going to church. Machiavellian politics-people will take your business. Looks count... No diversity.

Advice to Management

Take it easy on new hires! Spread training out over another month, give people a chance. I had almost a $1,000,000 sales year 1 in my pipeline, you'll likely never hear from me again.

11 May 2017 – Paycom Representative

At Paycom, our sales team is competitive and strives to perform at a high level, which results in the financial success your mentioned. Unfortunately, what you describe does not align with Paycom’s ... More

8. "Great Company Culture"

Pros

Paycom is a world class software solution for HR and Payroll needs and the entire company does a great job of illustrating that. Excellent company culture along with great pay and benefits makes for an excellent place to work.

Cons

Honestly I don't have anything negative to say regarding my experience at Paycom.

Advice to Management

Continue to spend time developing your staff

24 Apr 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

9. "Account manager"

Pros

Really good benefits they help you with health and 401k.

Cons

Low pay for where you live.

Advice to Management

Say you enjoy Human Resources

25 Apr 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We're happy to hear that you enjoy Paycom's health benefits, free fitness facilities and 401k. Regarding compensation, Paycom is highly competitive and is in-line or better ... More

10. "Great Oppurtunity"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited opportunity for success. You can truly drive your career with paycom. It is challenging but very rewarding

Cons

Upper management makes huge push for quotas. Turnover is high from amount of pressure on sales reps.

18 Apr 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review.

"Great Opportunities. Not worth the bad management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Lot's of financial investment in their employees.

Cons

In my experience, management was unrealistic and unfair. There were times I worked 60 hours a week, because my manager was bad at managing our projects.

Advice to Management

Let your employees do their jobs. You don't need to micromanage every little thing.