Paylocity Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated 11 Nov 2020

4.4
Paylocity President & CEO Steve Beauchamp
Steve Beauchamp
1,102 Ratings
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "So happy I came to Paylocity!"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Major Accounts District Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Paylocity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent culture and opportunity for advancement

Cons

Growing pains of a young company

December 4, 2020Paylocity

Yes, Paylocity’s leadership is transparent in its decision making and does listen to their employees! Our culture is built on trust and only what is for all members of our teams. Thank you for your feedback to our management.

2. "Love my PCTY Family"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Naples, FL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Since day one, the company culture has been amazing. They truly care about the clients and Paylocity employees.

Cons

Growing pains is probably the biggest. When you have an amazing product, that will lead to increased volume of sales. All in all, they have done a great job filling the gaps

September 18, 2020Paylocity

Paylocity does care about their clients and employees. Our culture is what sets us apart from the rest of the industry. Our technology is amazing too. Yes, we do have growing pains, but they are part the of the process of being a growing company.

3. "Still Amazing Place To Work After 3 Years"

Current Employee - Mid Market Account Executive

I have been working at Paylocity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great sales culture, opportunities for growth, and community outreach. You really feel like you are part of something bigger

Cons

Growing Pains. Hard at times to balance everything with so much success.

September 18, 2020Paylocity

Congratulations on 3 years with us! Being here at Paylocity truly does make you feel like you are part of something bigger with our sales culture, opportunities for growth, and community outreach. True, we do have growing pains since we are still a company that is growing, but this is to be expected! Keep growing with us, and here’s to another great year here.

4. "Rolls with punches, different than most corporate jobs"

Current Employee - Service Support in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Not as conservative as industry counterparts -Uses their own software for employees -Mostly remote work -Higher end of salary scale for small-mid size cities

Cons

-growing pains with new products -short-staffed on support and implementation -remote work isnt for everyone

July 31, 2020Paylocity

#DOOW- Paylocity believes in our own product, which is why we offer it to our clients and use it every day ourselves. This is how we improve as a company and product suite. Yes, there are pros in working at Paylocity like the ability to work remotely and the benefits. Since we are a growing company, it does come with growing pains, which we are working to improve the overall success of Paylocity.

"Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Reorganization Consultant in Boise, ID

I have been working at Paylocity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company has a clear mission and is very transparent. We hold many conferences throughout the year to go over sales, target goals, achievements, and the current state of the company. You're often rewarded for your hard work and they're quick to give recognition. I've worked at our locations in FL and ID and the atmosphere was near identical. They do a great job with company culture. Overall I have thoroughly enjoyed working for this company and would highly recommend anyone to consider applying if you're thinking about it.

Cons

The only con I can think of is a good problem to have. This company is growing at a rapid rate, acquiring many new clients, and with that comes growing pains. There can be times where we have big workloads. The great thing is.. most everyone has bought in so everyone rolls their sleeves up and gets to work.

May 26, 2020Employment Branding Coordinator

Yes, I agree! I would recommend Paylocity to all thinking about it too. Our company’s mission and culture are both transparent and consistent, which continues to make us even better. We do believe in rewarding hard work and giving recognition. And, we do have growing pains as you mentioned being a rapidly growing company, but it is a good problem to have. We can have big workloads because are bringing in new clients.

6. "Working Hard Together"

4.0
    Current Employee - Human Resources Consultant in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Paylocity has an amazingly warm and welcoming culture. It is very easy to make connections with other departments, which in turn provides a lot of opportunity for growth and career advancement. Teams are tight knit, my current team is basically my second family.

Cons

There are definitely some growing pains, which is why I put a 4/5 rather than a 5/5. Especially for the Implementation sector there are certain times of the year where extreme overtime is unavoidable due to work load and under staffing. However, speaking to the amazing culture, there is usually someone able/willing to help.

June 18, 2020Employment Branding Coordinator

I agree that Paylocity is a culture of warmth. This has always been true for me during my time here. Our teams are our second family. And yes, we do have growing pains and those times of year when we are extremely busy, which is why the support system within our teams is so important.

7. "Amazing Culture and Leaders"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Paylocity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really Practicing what they preach, uses their own tech. Service model is Customer First.

Cons

Fast moving and has growing pains. More good.

April 7, 2020Employment Branding Coordinator

#DOOW! Yes, we believe in our products so why wouldn’t we use them for ourselves?! It only makes sense. Plus, this is how we make them better by allowing our own team to be the co-creators and investing in our teams, which is how we are placing the customer first. We always have our customers in mind as we make new innovations. Paylocity does move fast that can cause growing pains, but in the end it only improve us as a company.

"Best career decision I've made!"

Current Employee - Manager in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Paylocity has been an awesome journey. I’ve been promoted 3 times since I’ve been here and each position has brought new excitement, challenge and opportunity. I work remote and travel to our corporate office several times a year. I love how Paylocity embraces a talent anywhere approach and really supports those of us that work remote with tools, technology and culture we need to be successful. I’ve been at Paylocity over 5 years, so I’ve seen what it was like pre-IPO and what we have grown and become as a larger public company. In the early years, everything moved really fast and there wasn’t a lot of structure in place. As we’ve grown, we have added more processes and procedures helping keep us in compliance and operating more efficiently. For me, I like more structure but some people have had a harder time with change and that shows up in some of our reviews. One of the things that is very gratifying for me is that I’ve hired a number of people on my team the last couple of years and they constantly tell me how much they enjoy what we have at Paylocity and how much better it is than their previous employer. They love how our culture is focused on work life balance and flexible work so that we don’t miss those important things in life that sometimes only happen once. It reminds me that what we have is different and that this is a great place to continue to develop my career. Because we are growing so much there are ample opportunities to grow into new positions within the department I work in or even other departments. The company cares about employees and gives back to the community in a big way. I love the people I work with and together we’ll continue to have fun and succeed as a team.

Cons

There are some growing pains and there has been and always will be change as we grow and evolve as a company but that’s too be expected and is the same at all fast growing companies.

February 11, 2020Employment Branding Coordinator

Oh wow, you’re making us blush! Well, it might just be the winter breeze here in Chicago, but anyways, it really warms our heart to hear about the amazing journey you’ve been on with Paylocity. We’ve come a long way since our pre-IPO days, and we have a long ways to go – but the most important thing is that we keep adding awesome people to the team and give everyone the opportunity to maximize their potential. That’s why we don’t care where you live, if you want to be part of a high-achieving culture that allows you to grow your career and learn new things, that’s good enough for us. Hearing stories like yours just reinforces that what we’re doing is working and gives us the motivation to keep finding new and better ways to help everyone keep developing. Our goal is to make sure you have the support and tools that you need so that you’re set up for success. Thanks for telling your story, we can't wait to see what’s coming up for you next!

"Workload is tough, but know change is coming."

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant

I have been working at Paylocity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Remote work. The PEOPLE.

Cons

Growing pains without staffing to compensate for it. Work load. Work life balance is difficult to achieve.

February 11, 2020Employment Branding Coordinator

We totally agree with your entire review. We want to have the best people on the team, so it doesn’t matter if you live close to one of our offices or thousands of miles away, we believe in “talent anywhere.” That means we have tons of people (44% of Paylocity is fully remote!) who work remote all the time or just sometimes. And just like you said, the PEOPLE are AWESOME! We also totally agree that growing is tough, and growing pains is part and parcel to what we’re trying to accomplish and where we want to go. But as long as all of the awesome people here at Paylocity support each other, be there for one another, regardless of where we work and what we do, we can get through it. We’re always working on things to make everyone’s experience here better, and your feedback will help towards that goal. We’re looking at things such as developing capacity models to help with distributing workload and better staffing models to plan for high volume periods, in addition to reevaluating all of the processes that our teams go through on a regular basis. If you have more feedback or have suggestions, please reach out to your manager or HRBP because we’re always open to ideas, anything to get better!

"Love the Direction Paylocity is Going In"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Paylocity full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a great time to get in the door at Paylocity. The company is growing a lot and focused on continuous improvement. The CEO is transparent and down to earth.

Cons

Typical growing pains of a company scaling in size. What's great is the sense of community and that we are all working together to create something great.

February 11, 2020Employment Branding Coordinator

Sounds like you’re having a great experience so far, which is music to our ears! We think our CEO, Steve, is great – and based on his Glassdoor approval ratings, everyone else thinks so too. It’s awesome that you’ve already been able to get a sense of who he is; we’re working on some fun ways to make those down to earth interactions with him even more frequent, so keep an eye out for announcements... Per usual, we’re working on new ways to communicate, be transparent, and drive alignment because that’s how we keep getting better! And yes, you’re totally right, growing fast is tough, but when we’re all in it together, it’s an easy obstacle to overcome. We’ll keep doing everything we can to make sure everyone has a positive experience with our continued growth – pinky promise. If you have any additional feedback, make sure you swing by to chat with your manager or HRBP, we’re all ears. 2 “ear” mentions and 1 “eye” - feel like we could’ve covered all the senses if we tried, oh well, there’s always next time.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 62 English Reviews