Penske Media Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Found 67 reviews

4.2
Penske Media Corporation CEO Jay Penske
Jay Penske
Pros
  • "Good people, nice building, good work environment(in 6 reviews)

• "Great culture, encouraging supervisors, fascinating industry, what 's not to like(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "One thing: no 401k matching; that was a surprise(in 10 reviews)

• "Benefits are not as robust as other media companies (no 401k match the biggest disappointment)(in 8 reviews)

"A rewarding place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Penske Media Corporation for more than 5 years

Pros

Working at PMC in Engineering is like a thrilling & exciting roller coaster ride at times & a serene walk in woods at other times. The engineering staff is experienced and so there's no hand-holding but even better there's no micro-management and the co-workers are supportive. As an engineer one is expected to put those grey cells in the brain to use & come up with solutions to problems, suggest alternatives etc. so...

Cons

None that I can recall at the moment

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Penske Media Corporation2016-01-27

"senior staff"

I have been working at Penske Media Corporation

Pros

Very strong technical team, challenging work, very well balanced family and office life. Very strong technical team, challenging work, very well balanced family and office life. Very strong technical team, challenging work, very well balanced family and office life.

Cons

salary and promotion salary and promotion salary and promotion salary and promotion salary and promotion salary and promotion salary and promotion salary and promotion salary and promotion

Penske Media Corporation2015-01-22
  3. "Incredible company, great tech team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Penske Media Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company is the real deal. After watching the rounds & rounds (and rounds) of layoffs in the publishing space, it's wonderful to find a company that is strategic & growing. I work in the technology group, where the team is smart, fun & hard working. Also it's nice to see a woman leading a tech org! Jay Penske is a great leader, I trust him and admire his strategic leadership.

Cons

Acquisitions are exciting & mean the company is growing, which isn't really a con but you need to be ready for lots of change and a fast pace.

Penske Media Corporation2019-04-24

"Great people, interesting work"

I have been working at Penske Media Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

My supervisor provides me with autonomy, but is also very supportive when needed. Working with employees in various PMC departments and brands keeps the work challenging and interesting.

Cons

Medical plan benefits and cost.

Penske Media Corporation2019-04-09

"Empowered to get things done!"

I have been working at Penske Media Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I come to work each day knowing I have the autonomy to get things done & to make a difference. Employees are encouraged to share their ideas and suggestions and are given the ability to put them in motion.

Cons

Employee benefits are more expensive than other places I have worked.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to the ideas of the employees who strive to make PMC a great place to work.

Penske Media Corporation2019-04-09

"The Best Decision I Ever Made"

I worked at Penske Media Corporation full-time

Pros

PMC has an impressive portfolio of brands and when I was looking to start my career in media, I knew PMC was the place to be. I connected with the talent acquisition team at Penske and throughout the interview process they took the time to learn about my experiences, understand exactly what I was looking for in my career, and they ended up presenting a different position to me than the one that I had initially applied...

Cons

The team is small but mighty! You have to be open to embracing change, working hard and taking on new challenges. This may be a con for some, but personally I love this about PMC. Incredible opportunity to learn new things!

Penske Media Corporation2019-04-10

"Best Professional Decision Ever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Penske Media Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

PMC has an amazing culture that rewards success. The leadership team makes every attempt to connect with each and every employee.

Cons

The pace can be intimidating at times.

Advice to Management

The pace can be a bit intimidating at times.

Penske Media Corporation2019-03-14
  8. "Integrated Marketing Associate at Robb Report"

Current Employee - Integrated MArketing Associate

I have been working at Penske Media Corporation full-time

Pros

Good people, nice building, good work environment

Cons

Benefits need work and organization could be better. Plus, very understaffed.

Penske Media Corporation2019-03-27

"Wouldn't recommend"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Penske Media Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

They offer free healthy snack options. You will get to work with big name clients but if you are looking to work at a place where you will contribute to innovative campaigns then this is not the place for you. Their strategies are extremely dated and management leaves zero room for suggestions .

Cons

Zero work life balance.This company combines sick days and vacation days. This forces employees to come in to work sick and infect other coworkers. They also don't offer Summer Fridays and force you to work on extremely dated computers.

Advice to Management

If you want to retain top talent, offer competitive compensation and benefits packages to compete with other companies who are currently offering way more work life balance and flexibility.

Penske Media Corporation2019-03-03

Penske Media Corporation Response

April 9, 2019Vice President of HR and Corporate Communications

It's disappointing to hear you didn't have a wonderful experience at PMC but we appreciate your feedback. We do combine vacation and sick days because many employees were not using sick days at all and gave the collective feedback that it would be better to give employees more total ...

10. "Keep looking..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Penske Media Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

The employees are great: smart and hardworking. Maybe a good place to stay for a year and then move on (see below).

Cons

NO paid sick days. NO matching 401K. NO annual reviews. NO annual cost-of-living increases.

Penske Media Corporation2019-03-19

Penske Media Corporation Response

April 9, 2019Vice President of HR and Corporate Communications

Thank you for your feedback though we are sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience at PMC. We did choose to combine vacation and sick days as many employees were not using sick days at all so the collective feedback was that it would be better to give employees more total ...

Found 67 reviews