Pepper Square Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 13 Sep 2019

4.4
Pepper Square CEO Muki Regunathan
Muki Regunathan

"One of The Best Place To Work"

Former Employee - Head of Operations in Bangalore

I worked at Pepper Square full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

One of the best companies I have worked for. Muki (Founder) and team gave a very healthy environment which helped me grow and build a strong career ahead. Its been a very enriching experience. No words to thank Muki & Team for giving me the right opportunity and the right platform. Thank you again.

Cons

No vivid memory of any cons....

Pepper Square2017-12-15

May 21, 2018Founder & CEO

Dear Friend, Thank you for your thoughts. I am so happy that we could help you to shine in your life. Don't waste a single minute, time is not going to come back. Focus and change the world. Muki

"In Pepper Square, I have learned everything that they don’t teach you at school and colleges."

Current Employee - Senior Designer in Bangalore

I have been working at Pepper Square full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Learning is a never ending process and when it comes to Pepper Square, I believe it is one of the best place to learn. I have worked on all kinds of projects, met various customers and collaborated with a creative bunch of folks. The Entrepreneur culture at Pepper Square gives you the creative freedom that you are looking for. The friendly environment makes the company extremely positive place to work. The culture... here let you experiment and push your talents as far as you can go. You’ll be surprised to know that you are working in an environment that people want to be a part of. It is a lovable company with a mix of exciting and challenging projects with employee satisfaction at the same time. I have rarely seen companies talking about personal growth. This is one of those places where every day is one more step towards professional as well as personal growth.

Cons

Company should focus on marketing the brand more.

Pepper Square2017-12-01

December 4, 2017Founder & CEO

Dear friend, I am so happy that you are enjoying and learning many things everyday. The entrepreneur culture is something i have tried so hard to bring it here and i see it working well. It is all about risk taking and having a great attitude to achieve what you have always dreamt about. We do have a long way to go and i want everyone to travel and experience and work with our clients globally. It is beginning to happen often these days and i am happy. Wishing you best and stay healthy and joyful. Muki

"Great place to work and learn about the essence of life!"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Analyst in Bangalore

I have been working at Pepper Square full-time for more than a year

Pros

When i joined pepper square a year back and i got to know about the true meaning of life! Life is beautiful when like minded people come together and work hard as a family to achieve goals and help others to do better in their life. I have learnt so many things from our CEO whether it is about work, health or any other thing, he always push and motivate each and every person at pepper square and try to help them... in every way possible to achieve their desires. I couldn't think of a better place to work than pepper square.

Cons

We should have more fun activities on monthly basis at office rather than quarterly like our regular outdoor games sessions, trips, birthday parties etc.

Advice to Management

We should increase our marketing expenses which will eventually helps in getting more clients on board and also helps in PR.

Pepper Square2017-11-27

December 4, 2017Founder & CEO

Dear Friend, Thank you for your honest feedback and i am really happy that you are interested in our sessions about health and joyful living. This is very close to my heart. It is a good point and we should do fun activities every month and i have already discussed about it with the team and will start soon. Your advice is so apt and we are beginning to work on it. Wishing you best in everything you do. Muki

"A great company to work with - My life turning moment."

Former Employee - SME in Bangalore

I worked at Pepper Square full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of fun, party, activities, birthday celebrations each month with all company people under one roof and one place. It's very rare things to see inside any company. I had left the company long time back around 3 years and also now familiar with many others and big companies culture but always misses what i get here. Leave the work at one side, because it's the primary thing. Any work will come, you have to work... with dedication. but you will never get such good and positive environment at any other place which you got here. Apart from this, people are less but you will met and know each and every one. There is not much hierarchy difference in designations. In the end, as the people here are less, you have very good opportunity to become full stack developer. Next one is just observation, That this company had some goals and rules on design and perfection. So people have to come here and become part of that goal and work on it to achieve the perfection.

Cons

Apart from the good things, there are some thing as individual you might get frustrate some time. But it's part of life, you have to cope up with. I am writing this on my experience 3 years back, might today you may not face it. Boss here is short temper. if some thing is not going on his way or direction then he can scold you at any place and at any moment. So be ready to handle such situations.

Advice to Management

Please arrange automated training on time sheet entry, which each people have to complete and self attest. And it should not be done only once in his/her career. This training should be effective for one month only and in next month again each people have to complete it and self attest. Because i think this training is most important for people to complete than doing regular work, as it's connected with direct... salary. Apart from that, you can implement it with other training also. It's just an advice, rest is up to management. Most of people at that time feeling cheated. In the end just one note from my side --- Take care of employee then employee will take care of clients.

Pepper Square2017-11-24

November 25, 2017Founder & CEO

Dear Friend, Happy to see your honest review and i will take everything you have mentioned as is. First, i am thrilled that you had a great time and learned so much. The environment you have mentioned is what i strived building it with each one of your hard work. You are absolutely right i have lost my cool many times. Times have changed i observe and listen and do not raise my voice. Have worked on it in the last 2 years and succeeded. Timesheet- we have scrapped the old time sheet and designed a new one which has become a product and people have begin to use it. It is called Get Things Done. You can download it in Android stores and use it. It will change your life. Wishing you best. Muki

"Horrible experience"

Android Developer in Bangalore

I worked at Pepper Square

Pros

None None None None None

Cons

Lacks vision, clarity and goals keep changing every week. I could stay there hardly for 3 months and the process of getting out of here proved its unprofessionalism. The main guy from management is more like a comic book who tells new story everyday but have nothing real in reality. He thinks talking someone to silence is the only key to success. Before me, many women employees suddenly quit even without... notice. Many male employees also disappeared. There are no more than 15 employees here. And everything else is fake fake fake.

Advice to Management

Shut this company down

Pepper Square2017-02-15

November 24, 2017Founder & CEO

Dear Friend, First of all i am happy that you got your frustration out of your system. I am hoping that you feel good after letting out. When i read your feedback i spoke to many people at Pepper Square and found out who you are. The reason why i went to find out who you are is because anonymous feedback is waste of time. I personally like to take feedback AS IS so that i get a chance to improve. The person you are referring is great thinker otherwise Amazon of the world wouldn't have hired him earlier with their India entry. I am being neutral here even though he doesn’t work for us now. You worked on a simple gaming interfaces in your earlier company that didn’t require much of programming skills, but when you came to Pepper Square in less than a week we found out that your understanding was so low in Android development. You didn’t know anything about Material Design. But we still decided to give you 3 months time and train you. But you couldn't pick up. Also you deleted the entire Database and new updates the team has done and hence we decided to let you go. But before that when we spoke, you resigned. I am happy you moved on it is good for both of us. You sound like some ALIEN invaded us and taken the people from Pepper Square. *smiles* By the way one day we all disappear to nothing. I hope you understand my Joke. We are a company of detail oriented people with high self-esteem. We are not for everyone to join and that’s why clients love us cuz their projects are promptly delivered and we are ready to face the challenges and get it fixed. BTW shutting down is a cowardly act, It is not in my dictionary. I request you to visit us and have a fresh filter coffee and laugh it out. We just completed 15 years on 4th Nov 2017. We have added 10 more clients this year and rocking. Wishing you best of health and life. Muki

"good"

Former Employee - Fresher in Bangalore

I worked at Pepper Square full-time

Pros

good place to work. pay is good

Cons

nothing to mention as of in the company

Advice to Management

nothing as such

Pepper Square2016-07-22

November 24, 2017Founder & CEO

Hello Friend, Thank you for your feedback and wishing you best. Please visit us when you are near our office. Muki

"A place to sharpen your skills"

in Jayanagar

I worked at Pepper Square

Pros

A variety of work. Honest feedback and lot of hands on experience.

Cons

Work life balance doesn't really exist. Office timings are mere guidelines - a typical digital agency in those terms.

Advice to Management

Don't criticise in public.

Pepper Square2016-07-01

November 24, 2017Founder & CEO

Hello Friend, Thank you for your feedback. We work 5 days a week and our time sheet shows what you have entered everyday. When anyone come and audit our "Get Things Done" application which captures precise information that will show no one works on an average beyond 7.5 or 8 hours. I am sure you appreciate that we don't call anyone on weekends. Also we have flexible timings. But some where we have to bring Commitment, Discipline and Consistency to work otherwise why are we working. We can't get paid by not delivering what we are suppose to, otherwise why are clients paying us. I suggest you to have an hobby so that you go home on time, since there is so much in life and work is just part of it. Work life balance - If this is not high we won't have so many MOTHERS working with us happily. If anyone has criticized you in public then it is wrong and not accepted. My sincere apologies. We have taken this feedback and today we have beautiful training in place where we inform everyone who joins that no one can get upset with anyone but discuss with maturity and sort it out. Wishing you very best in your life and career. Muki

"Good company for freshers"

Developer

I worked at Pepper Square for more than 3 years

Pros

Maximum exposure to latest technologies.

Cons

Doesn't have a experienced technical lead.

Pepper Square2015-08-01

November 24, 2017Founder & CEO

Hello Friend, Thank you for being with us and adding value for 3 years. I really appreciate it. Today we work on Full Stack development and it is more exciting than at your times. Come and visit us to see what we do. Today we have great folks working in the tech team. They are young and unafraid. One should be happy if they don't have tech lead so that it is an opportunity to explore on your own and learn. If you look for a lead then you are becoming a follower rather i want you to become a leader. India needs more leaders who are unafraid and courageous. Wishing you best.

"Nice Place To Work If you are fresher"

Former Employee - SME in Bangalore

I worked at Pepper Square full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ample opportunities to learn with fun. Here, there is a great respect for time and time management. Client is GOD and you are nothing. For senior guys, if you need stability in your life, then this is a good place but if you need growth then instantly remove this option from your mind.

Cons

There is no compensation and benefits for long hour or late night working. But there is lots of rules and regulation, which may frequently apply fine on your salary. Like if you miss to fill your time sheet for whatever reason, The salaries will be cut for your full day contribution. Your day will go completely waste.

Advice to Management

Look towards growing the company. 12-13 year is more than enough for any company to become at least 1000+ employee company. You are well stable and you are also getting good and big projects and also have lots of contacts. Start expanding yourself, so that more and more people look towards you. Not only banasthalli collage students and some big CEO's.

Pepper Square2015-02-28

November 24, 2017Founder & CEO

Hello Friend, Your Pros is Cons and Cons is Cons. *smiles* First of all no one is GOD and only Love is God. We are all the same and there is no reason to put ourselves down. We are not a place for stability but for doings things that are challenging. If one can't learn and fix clients problem then it is better not to work with Pepper Square. We take our work sincerely not serious. Timesheets are the back bone of Pepper Square. Without that we won't get paid and our Timesheet increase transparency to the highest level. Anyone can audit as you have seen. Also many days people come late we don't reduce your salary hence if work is not done it is important to finish that. Working for 8 hours a day is basic. Also we don't want anyone to work long hours, there is more to life. If you merely judge the company by it's employee count then you are bound to be disappointed. Whatsapp had only 53 people but once they were world's largest company in terms of users. Also why should any company should become BIG. Small is the new BIG. I love us doing great work and be happy and experience life in all forms. I would suggest the same for you. Banasthali is great school with 15,000 girls studying. We are the first one to train and hire from their Design School. We are happy that we are going all the way to Rajasthan and hiring them. 2017 is the 4th year we are going to hire from there. We also have designers from NICC and many other design schools. Don't have grudges with anything life is beautiful. Wishing you best.

"Friendly environment to explore your potential"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Bangalore

I have been working at Pepper Square full-time for more than a year

Pros

Its a nice friendly place to work. A perfect balance of presonal and professional work life. Thers no hierarchy of senior and junior, After working in Pepper square you dont feel like working anywer other than your own company.

Cons

Lack of experienced team leaders to have a active discussion on the output.

Pepper Square2014-06-13

November 24, 2017Founder & CEO

Hello Friend, Thank you for your honest and to the point feedback. You summarized who we are in few lines which i can't do. *smiles* We have more experienced folks now, but even when you worked we had great people like Mario, Arjun, Jyothi and many more. There is always ways to change so come and meet us and see how we have improved. Wishing you best.

Found 24 reviews