Percepta Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Percepta Reviews

Updated Oct 14, 2019

2.8
Percepta CEO Peter Formisano (no image)
Peter Formisano
Pros
  • "Contractor position is good for someone in the single life, decent pay, bare minimum insurance(in 6 reviews)

• "good benefits for all employees(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Again this is no fault of the actual call center site but a HUGE fault on Percepta as a company(in 9 reviews)

• "Upper management is a revolving door so many changes(in 8 reviews)

1. "Great experience"

I have been working at Percepta

Pros

The training is really well designed! Everyone you speak to keeps telling you the same thing - there’s opportunity for growth.

Cons

4 weeks training.. this is a pro and con

Advice to Management

Continue to keep your employees engaged. Great culture overall

Percepta2019-10-14
  2. "False Promises"

Current Employee - Concierge Specialist in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Percepta full-time for less than a year

Pros

The bathrooms are clean.

Cons

Trainers are worthless. The head trainer, Tanisha, disappears for hours to go grab lunch. This happened 3 times. Different people in and out of the training classroom all day long with very little knowledge to share. The actual trainer for our class just completed the exact same training she’s giving us less than 2 months ago & has no idea what she’s doing. She doesn’t even know proper spelling and grammar,... which is sad at her age & for her position. You’re promised a certain type of schedule would be available at hire, but then given options like 3:30-12am with no weekends off. The trainer even pulled me to the side and said she’d go hard on my behalf because she needed me to be successful on the floor because I was one of her top trainees. If you leave early or miss just one day, you get written up. My daughter had a seizure and ended up in the hospital, which I was able to provide proof of & they still attempted to put me on a write up. Instead, I Quit. It took 2 days to find better employment. One of the girls in my class was bullied because she’s a former addict & when the trainer was informed of this, she did NOTHING. That girl ended up quitting because of the bullying. You’ll be thrown on the phones with very little understanding of what you’re doing & when you have a question they’ll tell you to ask in the chat so other people on the phones can help you instead of doing their jobs like they’re supposed to. I would never refer anyone to this company. It’s great for those who can’t find a job anywhere else.

Advice to Management

Fire your trainers, extend your training, take bullying seriously, don’t make false promises, and respect your employees.

Percepta2019-10-13

October 15, 2019Brand and Communications Manager

Thank you for your review. We have recently hired a new trainer in Asheville and we're all working together to get everyone up to speed, both trainers and new hires. Please continue to bear with us as we go through this together. One of our core values is Teamwork, let's do our best to work as a team to get the best results we can in training and working with our clients and customers! Thanks for your understanding. If you need to reach out to us offline, feel free to email us, percepta.hr@percepta.com

"Unclear strategy, but take your orders..."

Former Employee - Social Media Specialist in Little Warley, England

I worked at Percepta full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good salary package Friendly colleagues Having the 'Ford' brand on your CV is a big plus

Cons

Cliquey Hard to get recognised for good work Visible hierarchy Hard to get your points across

Advice to Management

Be more authentic, relax a bit, trust your employees, encourage them to learn new skills.

Percepta2019-09-19
  4. "Toxic environment"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at Percepta full-time for less than a year

Pros

The open, cubicle free environment let’s you talk to everyone freely and personal space is nonexistent which is cool if you like getting to know people and socializing and not so much being able to focus on your work. There are TVs so you can keep up with the latest showboating for when the top dog shows up, that’s the only time it’s updated. They do work with your schedule though, that’s nice

Cons

Supervisors play favorites and hard work is not rewarded or acknowledged here. This place will work you like a horse and let you go faster than they can hire people to take on your workload. A bonus isn’t given based on merit its raffled off to whoever has a lucky ticket. You are not able to use your vacation time. There are no catered lunches or snacks unless you’re in upper management and they will openly eat in... front of you. There is a blatant cultural divide. The CEO left, this company is a joke

Advice to Management

Can hard work be rewarded or is everything up to luck and favoritism? There is no room for advancement, hope, or happiness here

Percepta2019-10-07

October 15, 2019Brand and Communications Manager

Seeing this review is such a bummer. We are working hard day in and day out to continuously get better and improve. We just completed our first company-wide quarterly survey in Houston and are anxiously waiting to start our focus groups there to understand these things better and make more improvements as needed. Seeing you are a former employee, we do want to wish you the best in your career.

5. "It's not worth it"

Former Employee - CSM

I worked at Percepta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

pay and insurance and a few good people

Cons

customers are rude/nasty, work load was overwhelming

Percepta2019-10-05

October 15, 2019Brand and Communications Manager

Hello and thanks for your time spent with Percepta, it's sad to see you go, however we wish you the best in your future endeavors. Cheers!

"Training is Draining :("

Current Employee - Concierge Specialist in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Percepta full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great Material - Easy to understand training - Decent hours

Cons

-Our trainer can’t train us because of the woman that’s supposed to be shadowing her constantly over talking, interrupting, taking over, and speaking to trainees like we’re a class of kindergarteners learning our ABC’s. It’s demeaning, distracting, and unprofessional. She’s loud & shrieks which causes headaches leading to the inability to fully grasp the material being taught. - Our trainer threatened to have our... breaks shortened to 10 minutes instead of 15 because a couple people are late coming back, even though it is against the law. - Miscommunication between HR & Trainer causes misinformation to be given.

Advice to Management

Only have one trainer in the classroom. Close the doors and let her do her thing. Don’t threaten your employees with empty threats that can’t hold up because respect is lost.

Percepta2019-09-26

October 1, 2019Brand and Communications Manager

Hello, Thank you for your detailed response. As you may know, we are currently working with and training a brand new trainer in Asheville. Part of that process is to give each trainer a hands-on experience to ensure they are ready to begin training all our new employees on their own. We also craft our programs so employees can learn through hearing, seeing and participating during training sessions – we feel this really helps to learn the material best. We encourage our trainers to be upbeat and personable throughout the courses to help keep everyone engaged while ensuring all material is covered. Lastly, we want our trainers to be heard so their voices may project. At Percepta, our policy is to give two 15 minute paid breaks to full-time employees – which we do. The breaks may not be at the same time daily depending on what is being covered in training but we do ensure they are taken. Percepta has an Open Door Policy and local HR is available to discuss any concerns employees may have. There are also other avenues such as Supervisors, Managers, or our call-in anonymous line if you need to discuss areas of concern, or you can always reach out to us at percepta.hr@percepta.com.

"Great Team Experience"

I have been working at Percepta

Pros

Lots of rewarding projects to work on with smart, dedicated, and diverse colleagues. There are heaps of roles at Percepta, I’ve been in several and have grown tremendously with each position. Like most workplaces you get what you put in. I’m lucky to work on a team with such highly engaged team members and a supportive boss.

Cons

Sometimes there’s so much going on it can be challenging to get answers or support from leadership. As an employee I work to understand everyone’s workloads and plan accordingly.

Advice to Management

While some in the company are clear around mission and strategy, there are many who are not. Provide more clarity and transparency around these items on a regular basis from executive to front line and organization would benefit greatly.

Percepta2019-08-17

August 27, 2019Brand and Communications Manager

It's great to hear you are working on some fantastic projects with such a great team. We strive to hire folks that work hard and are team players, much like yourself. We are currently in the process of launching our company-wide newsletter, which will give everyone more insight into many things happening, going forward. Thanks again for your hard work!

8. "Great place for Work Oriented People"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Specialist

I have been working at Percepta full-time for less than a year

Pros

The job isn't stressful You are helping people in need The customers bond with you The pay is decent Consistent job opportunities Advancement Options

Cons

Time for Case load mgmt

Advice to Management

Allow time for case load management since we are account holders.

Percepta2019-08-03

August 5, 2019Brand and Communications Manager

Thank you for your work helping our customers and clients in need - your hard work is very much appreciated! Keep it up.

"***TOXIC***DO NOT WORK HERE!!!! DO YOUR RESEARCH!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Percepta full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are none. Every bad review you've read on Glassdoor about the leadership team at Percepta is true.

Cons

Executive leadership is a joke. The company is run by a raging alcoholic and her best friends. Global Operations phones it in when they aren't at the bar. The Human Resources team have zero ethics or morals and cultivate a culture of pit vipers.

Advice to Management

Maybe the CEO can pull his head out of the sand and realize that his executive leadership team is a joke?

Percepta2019-09-04

October 1, 2019Brand and Communications Manager

It’s unfortunate to get this review. We value feedback from employees, both current and former, to continuously improve and enhance our team and culture. As we see you’re no longer an employee with Percepta, we do wish you the best in your career.

10. "Company isn't interested in retaining employees"

Current Employee - FCIC/VOPC Analyst in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Percepta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

No weekends or holidays Lots of paid time off Decent bonuses A&Z plan at Ford Good dental and optical insurance You can hang up on abusive callers

Cons

Terrible health insurance You get disciplined for using sick time when it's in your bank Half assed upper management Software we use to log calls. The client and Percepta clearly didn't even try to make it useable or functional. They'll add to your workload and make you learn another department, but won't give you a raise.

Advice to Management

When you do employee surveys, you're not fooling any of us into thinking you're engaged with the workforce. You brag about how people got bigger raises than ever in an email, yet FCIC/VOPC didn't get raises like the other departments did. We're the most complicated department, and we need a raise of at least $2.00 an hour to stay competitive. Also, if we have to learn multiple departments, we should be paid extra... for each department we can work in. No matter how you justify this or spin it, it's just plain wrong. If you're not going to make operational changes when employee engagement surveys are sent out, then just don't bother asking us about job satisfaction, etc. Scrap the attendance policy regarding sick time. We should not have to wait a year in order to have attendance occurrences fall off. Also, if we call in sick, and have time available, we should not accumulate attendance occurrences. The sick time policy, as it's written, is in violation of Michigan PMLA because we are not really allowed to use our sick time without being punished, unless it's scheduled well ahead of time. I would have nearly perfect attendance if this were the policy, but it's clear this company is obsessed with keeping turnover high. That way, new agents start at the bottom of the wage scale.

Percepta2019-08-30

September 25, 2019Brand and Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give a detailed response, and sorry for our delay in getting back to you. We take all our reviews seriously and want to make sure we’re taking the time to look into details mentioned here, including the comments regarding violation of Michigan PMLA. We are a large, global company and ensure that all of our process and procedures meet all Michigan (and every other state we do business in) law requirements. We are looking deeper into the sick policy and would love to discuss this further with you if you’d like. Please send us a note at percepta.hr@percepta.com

Found 196 reviews