Percolate Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated 21 Dec 2018

3.7
Percolate CEO Randy Wootton
Randy Wootton
Pros
  • "Employees are very smart and hard working - everyone seems to be rowing in the right direction(in 9 reviews)

• "Percolate is a great company with a very good work life balance(in 8 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews

"Wow"

I have been working at Percolate full-time

Pros

I have been with the company for less than 90 days in the NYC location. -The People Org has been awesome to work from helping me get settled to giving me a firm grasp of all of the departments I will be working with. Hat's off to Michelle and team. -CTO and Founder are great thought leaders and have set a grand strategy of how we can build solutions that will help Marketers Optimize their time. -Fast paced organization - but very transparent and everyone is willing to help. - Cool Product - Great culture

Cons

It is fast paced- so you need to be ready for a that.

March 8, 2019People Operations

Wow right back atcha! Thanks for the love, we are so happy to have employees like you be part of the team. Let's keep that momentum going! [Insert celebratory emoji!]

""A truly open and inclusive workplace aiming to constantly iterate and improve""

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Percolate full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've only been here for a few months but have already learned a tremendous amount from my peers and through all the challenging opportunities presented to me. This is a place where you get to work with extremely smart and talented people and be your best self. The company culture, close-knit atmosphere, and fast paced environment were exactly what I was looking for in my next move.

Cons

As is true for all startups, changes at the leadership/exec level trickle down to all employees and requires us to constantly adapt to these shifts. Adaptability is key!

May 10, 2018People Operations

We are happy you found what you were looking for at Percolate and are glad to have you as part of our fam. We also agree adaptability is key, but whiplash is certainly not. All employees should feel they are part of a stable environment in order to perform at their best. We believe strongly in our current Leadership and in the new vision, which we hope will inspire people to keep pushing forward to be their best selves. Thanks for your review!

"Great product, great company!"

I have been working at Percolate

Pros

-Unique product -Great work culture- monthly office events, group outings, good work-life balance -Collaborative culture -Room to grow in your role & agency to take on projects of interest

Cons

-Like any startup, it's a fast paced environment and you must be able to adapt quickly

May 14, 2018People Operations

Our product IS pretty great, isn't it?? We're seriously proud of all our employees and all the work that's gone into making it best in class. We're also happy to hear your happy. Great people help to foster a great culture, so thanks for being a part of the Percolate team! We're excited for what's to come.

"Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Percolate full-time

Pros

Everyone is super friendly and welcoming. From my very first day, I felt that I was apart of the Percolate family with people coming up to me from every team. Not only am I challenged on a day to day basis but I love what I do and believe in what were looking to build. Great perks and the office culture is second to none. Highly recommend!

Cons

Fast paced environment may not be for everyone but I personally love it.

May 30, 2018People Operations

Thanks for your review! We're glad to have you on board!

"Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Percolate full-time for more than a year

Pros

Percolate has a great culture and team environment. It is an excellent SaaS company with a positive and bright future with room to grow your career.

Cons

Fast paced growing and evolving environment, but I don't feel that is a con.

Continue reading
  6. "Great place to kick-start and build a career."

4.0

I have been working at Percolate

Pros

Percolate is by far the best company I have worked for. It's also nice to come to work everyday and be surrounded by intelligent, hard-working, and friendly people. - Fast paced environment. - There is real opportunity for professional development here and the company truly cares about fostering growth amongst its employees. - Management is dedicated, approachable and experts in their respective fields.

Cons

There isn't much structure on my team and there is oftentimes a lack of communication between contract and permanent employees.

"Thank You"

1.0

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Percolate

Pros

I made some incredible friends from day 1. Some of the smartest marketers, sales reps and engineers I have ever seen.

Cons

I never came to Percolate for snacks, friends, coffee, or any of the other B.S. I came here for an opportunity to make money and see a business thrive. After three months of working,an entire office was let go. The reason given? Scaled too quickly. Some of these employees were in a position for less than three months. How does a company not realize this prior to taking on so many new employees? I've also seen a few people be called out about snacks... We cut snacks because we were bleeding cash... So after four years of having a business Percolate needed to bring on a CFO to figure this out? From January 1, 2016 every employee constantly felt the weight of the world on their shoulders and felt a target on their back anticipating who was next to be fired. I've watched every familiar face either be fired, pushed out the door or quit. Meetings were another story. Sometimes they were used to explain why people were let go. Often they were held to explain why the platform didn't have specific functionality( or why clients didn't need it). The best of these meetings.. When the CFO would explain how we are "cash positive". Being cash positive isn't based around money owed...or money borrowed... I would also like to address the prior comment on here about a hard fast paced environment...yeah you are completely correct. We lose on social, DAM, and project management so yeah it's very complex. Really what we sell ( and this is no knock to any of the engineers) is a car with no engine. We are all used car salesmen BEGGING the buyer not to look under the hood. Once that happens they are gone. If a client signs on engagement managers are spending the majority of the time talking these clients off the ledge. Churn is Extremely high. Engagement managers? Oh we have 1. So clients get no support. I've watched 3 leave, and about 6 get fired. If you are a seller... Come in and prospect. You will be expected to maintain an unreachable quota off of all of your own activity strictly cold calling. They will tell you it's a 50/50 split however it's a 90/10. Sdr's have dropped like flies because there is zero path for growth. I don't need to warn people not to come here as everyone knows what's going on, including recruiters. Your clients have been dropping like flies as well. I also don't need to get into how badly James Gross treats employees, or blocks the path for Percolate to succeed. People know what's up. I simply want to say good luck because about 60% of your employees are interviewing. I also want to say Thank you. I now know I never want to work for a company like this again!

Continue reading
  8. "Great place to work- exciting, challenging, and fast paced."

I have been working at Percolate full-time for more than a year

Pros

The product- Percolate has proven that we have the best marketing software in the business. The people- our colleagues are smart, driven, loyal, and diverse. The opportunity- to learn from amazing peers, to grow in your career, tackling obstacles, facing the challenges of a fast paced, high growth company.

Cons

When you hire as many people as fast as we did, you are bound to get some bad eggs. These are the people who are more concerned with free fresh pressed juice for breakfast than the long term success of the company. Growing pains happen to all successful companies who grow as quickly as Percolate has. Don't get wrapped up in the other negative reviews.

Continue reading

"Intellectually stimulating & fast paced"

in London, England

I have been working at Percolate for less than a year

Pros

Intellectually stimulating environment, great colleagues, a sense of camaraderie and despite long hours, there is a solid vision set forth by the founding team and a lot of leeway given to employees to tackle problems with creative solutions. Fast paced, high growth company with smart thinkers across product, design and business teams. Opportunity to work closely with C-suite executives at Fortune 500 companies to tackle real challenges.

Cons

You need to be ok with long hours and comfortable with critical feedback, the workplace is very demanding in terms of quality and quantity of work.

Continue reading

"High growth startup and all that comes with it."

I have been working at Percolate full-time for more than a year

Pros

Biggest pro is so many great people. The staff is pretty diverse and incredibly talented. I can honestly say I learn from the people around me every day. Lots of people hang out outside of the office. Benefits, office space, perks are great. (some of the smaller/remote offices are less built out) Big vision. Innovative, design-led product. Sincere concern for the values and culture by co-founders. You get to feel like you’re building something new. Lots of change. (I love this but I think it’s a con for some people. On both lists) If you’re looking for something high-growth, fast-paced, challenging and have an interest in marketing tech, Percolate is one of the best places to be.

Cons

Growing so quickly comes with some pains around systems and processes. Most people work a lot. (I think this comes with it being a start-up and I expect it will pay off but it’s not for someone who wants to leave at 5 every day) Lots of change.

Found 12 reviews