Pernod Ricard USA Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated Nov 6, 2019

3.7
Pernod Ricard USA CEO Paul Duffy
Paul Duffy
Pros
  • "Apart from product allowance, where you are reimbursed for purchasing company product(in 17 reviews)

• "Weekly happy hours at company bar; Christmas & New Year week off; free liquor bottle drop offs at desk(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "Constant restructuring for the last year; work-life balance is only for a select few(in 13 reviews)

• "Long hours, no distinct off hours you are ALWAYS the face of the product/company even in your personal time(in 5 reviews)

1. "Great spirits brands"

Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Pernod Ricard USA full-time

Pros

Convivial Culture , Fun industry , great people

Cons

You're always on and it is a socially demanding company

Pernod Ricard USA2019-11-07
  2. "Market Manger"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Pernod Ricard USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great company with aggressive goals and many people are open and energetic

Cons

Must move to move up in company but nothing is every guaranteed due to the constant change in senior leadership

Pernod Ricard USA2019-10-28

"Best Company yet!"

Current Employee - Activity Specialist in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Pernod Ricard USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Support, brands, and programs.

Cons

Can’t think of one. Maybe high budget?

Advice to Management

Keep the positive energy up! Everyone that works here loves the company.

Pernod Ricard USA2019-10-02
  4. "Top CPG Company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Pernod Ricard USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work/life balance is fantastic, and managers have been very flexible when I need/want to work from home. Workplace culture is super inclusive, and people are actually encouraged to make group outings a regular occurrence. Work load is generally comparable to other finance roles, but it's appreciated to come up with innovative ideas. High-emphasis on life outside of the office; whether that's with family/friends, or... travel, or getting together with peers/colleagues. Pernod Ricard understands what employees want and need in 2019 and in the future.

Cons

Technology (reporting systems); however, upgrade is in progress and fully-integrated systems due by end of 2019.

Advice to Management

Senior U.S. management team does a great job of creating a very comfortable and happy work environment (NYC office).

Pernod Ricard USA2019-10-02
  5. "Great Work Environment"

Current Employee - Activity Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Pernod Ricard USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people in my department are great to work with and the work atmosphere is great.

Cons

I haven’t experienced any yet.

Pernod Ricard USA2019-10-02
  6. "The sky is the limit"

Current Employee - Activation Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pernod Ricard USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working for a power house like Pernod Ricard affords one an opportunity not available within most other suppliers or distributors. The opportunity to be part of a company with leading brands within the top 5 of nearly every spirit category is like a dream come true. To fully & truly believe in our brands makes it that much easier to do our jobs. With all the recent acquisitions only adding to the excitement... & quality that is Pernod Ricard, I am truly honored to hitch my wagon to a company that is headed for the stars.

Cons

Lower budget for Avion leaves less opportunity for growth as Avion is usually a “top shelf” product in most accounts. Especially when a blitz comes through for Avion 44, that budget gets wiped out quite quickly.

Advice to Management

Thank you for making me feel like a part of the family from day 1. The support felt throughout the onboarding process is bar none the best of any company I have ever worked for. Yes, there are always going to be bumps in the road where everyone is learning lessons together as life/work is not perfect, but thank you to management for giving me the tools to learn from my mistakes & not feel threatened. I also know... if I continue to make mistakes that there will be consequences. That is, in my opinion, what makes up a good management system.

Pernod Ricard USA2019-09-04

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Region Director

I have been working at Pernod Ricard USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great team environment, mutual trust, and opportunities for advancement

Cons

Tends to be an "always on" culture

Pernod Ricard USA2019-08-21

"PRUSA A Great Company"

Current Employee - Market Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Pernod Ricard USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Agile Working, Great Salary, Excellent Work Life Balance, Strong Communication, Socially Responsible, Strong Leadership, Great Benefits & Vacation, Builds Talent Within.

Cons

I should have starting working here years ago.

Pernod Ricard USA2019-08-19

"Be forewarned"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Pernod Ricard USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

there are some very nice people. product allowance (granted it is much lower for non directors) and extremely large travel budgets

Cons

Company is extremely insular - top management is 90% Pernod lifers and European. Culture is passive aggressive and hierarchical. leadership cannot make a decision or stick to it. lots of churn and inefficiency. true lack of empathy among leaders. company cannot face reality that Absolut is a dog that is draining resources. company is more focused on the dog and pony shows that actually gaining a consumer insight... or doing an ROI analysis on spend. spend more time doing internal power point than driving business.

Pernod Ricard USA2019-08-05

"Fun, Entrepreneurial, Rewarding and Challenging"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Pernod Ricard USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is a fun place to work - the work is interesting, challenging; the people are mostly smart, driven and well-intentioned; the culture is fun, intrepreneurial and “convivial”; the brands are incredible and the chance for personal growth is always there for the taking.

Cons

Hours can be long; the industry is fast paced and teams are lean; it can be challenging working in a matrixed organization when other parties are responsible for delivering, but don’t always do so on time (don’t have same pace as USA).

Advice to Management

Help teams focus on what really matters and cut some of grunt work from their day to day; take the time to appreciate the teams and the hours they work; reward some of those who over perform but don’t self promote.

Pernod Ricard USA2019-07-04