Phaidon International Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated 3 Dec 2020

3.5
Phaidon International CEO Harry Youtan (no image)
Harry Youtan
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Fantastic graduate job"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Berlin

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time

Pros

High standard of training allows you to build transferable skills Understanding that you get back what you put in - hard work pays off Fun work environment - colleagues will go out of their way to help you out Being part of a company that is growing fast and outperforming rivals Commission structure means that every placement guarantees a bonus

Cons

Long hours and pressure to hit KPIs similar to every comparable recruitment firm

2. "Amazing"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Money to be made all year round

Cons

Long hours which can be headache

3. "Long Hours but fun office"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Phaidon International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun and young office with and energetic environment

Cons

Long hours and non-stop work. There is always more work to be doing

4. "Great job"

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, opportunities, culture, location

Cons

long hours, early mornings and late nights to make real money

"Run"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Phaidon International full-time

Pros

-Teaches you sales skills while trying to claw your way up the latter -You leave appreciating your next job after such a terrible experience

Cons

Worked in the Boston office. To start it off, I would give zero stars if I could. -They give you vacation time, but make you feel bad for taking it -Got an hour for lunch but didn’t like when you left your desk for the full hour -Management is based on performance rather than skill, so they have inexperienced people running teams -Toxic, male driven environment. The guys were very inappropriate toward the woman that worked there and I often heard sexual comments made. -Could be different now but complaints were made to HR when inappropriate things happened and nothing was ever done, so things constantly got pushed under the rug -Work long hours already and they highly suggest you work on the weekends, which I don’t think they’re allowed to do -Frat environment. Work hard, play hard. They go out a lot and even though you make barely a livable wage, you are made to feel like you should spend a lot of money on alcohol -They ask certain people to write reviews to cover up the bad ones. They pressure you and try and get you to write it during work hours in an open office so you’re more likely not to write something bad If you’ve ever seen the movie Wolf of Wallstreet and you said to yourself “wow, I’d love to work in an environment like that” then this is the place for you. For me, on the other hand, this was the worst place I’ve ever worked. Sales turnover tends to be pretty high, but people cycled out so often here. The environment got so bad, I knew of employees who would leave to go to the bathroom just to cry because of how much they hated it. Things could be different since I left, but I highly doubt it.

August 26, 2020HR Business Partner

Thank you for your review – we are disappointed to hear your feedback. We recognize that our industry can be pressurized at times, however, we’ve recently introduced a number of internal initiatives to promote and improve our work/life balance. We encourage all of our employees to use their vacation time, take breaks as needed and prioritize their wellbeing – this is reinforced by our weekly Wellbeing tips that are shared across all offices. We strive to create a supportive and meritocratic environment for all, if you have witnessed practice that is concerning to you, we encourage you to get in touch with your local HR team to discuss further. Professional conduct is a key priority of ours and we hope that you get in touch. Our email is HR.US@phaidoninternational.com

6. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago Ridge, IL

I worked at Phaidon International full-time for less than a year

Pros

the people were great and friendly

Cons

long hours sometimes over 50 hours

Continue reading
  7. "Work hard, play hard"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a close knit group that are bonded by the need to succeed. They will push you past your expectations, so you can become the best version of you.

Cons

Long hours don't allow for too much of a work life balance.

February 5, 2020HR Business Partner

Fostering a supportive, successful team culture is a key factor in our achievements as a business to date and something that we will continue to promote both within Charlotte and across all of our offices. As one of our newest offices in the U.S., we are pleased that this is your experience so far at Phaidon. We recognize that our industry can involve long hours - particularly when building a new office such as Charlotte. Work/life balance is something that we will continue to promote and improve through internal initiatives and policies.

"Don't Work Here"

1.0
    Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

After billing 100k for them, you can make yourself a nice check, but only if you can stack deals which isn't done by everyone.

Cons

Long hours, inappropriate culture, managers are given titles based off of how much they bill not because they are leaders or can handle that type of position.

Continue reading
  9. "BEST entry level job for people who are hardworking and want to make money"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing culture, potential for career growth very early, endless amounts of knowledge and training provided. So many resources to learn and senior leadership that want you to succeed.

Cons

Long hours but pays off in the end! Like most other jobs, this one is 100% not for everyone - you need to be very driven and willing to put in the work to see results.

February 5, 2020HR Business Partner

We are pleased to hear that your time with us is positive and we hope this continues as you progress within our business.

10. "Mixed Review"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good social environment - Decent training and support

Cons

- High micro management environment - Long hours, high KPI and too much pressure on quantity rather than quality - Massively high turn over - Hire and fire situation. - Intense management

Viewing 1 - 10 of 68 English Reviews