Philip Morris International Reviews

Philip Morris International CEO Jacek Olczak
Jacek Olczak
0 Rating
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Amazing company"

Current Employee - Sales in Mumbai

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Very professional and very nice work culture. Employee benefits are great.

Cons

Growth opportunities are less. Internal promotions happen very rarely mostly it is lateral hiring

2. "Very good place with limited growth"

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

International company with great vision globally

Cons

Limited growth in India and small teams

3. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

I worked at Philip Morris International part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work life balance is great

Cons

Nothing is bad about the place

December 4, 2020Philip Morris International

Hello, thank you for your positive review! We are happy that you enjoyed your experience with PMI, for 10 years! One of our top priorities is to ensure we can provide employees with the best work environment and a positive career development, so we are glad to read you felt that your work life balance was “great”. We wish you continued success in the future! Thank you again for your time to write a review and for recommending us to your peers! Stay tuned by following us on social media @insidePMI.

4. "Excellent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

1. If you are looking for global exposure, Philip Morris is one of the top companies not just in India but across the globe (even if you are based in India) 2. If the individual is interested, the organization provides ample opportunities for cross functional learnings 3. The organization structure is flat. Therefore, you can easily be involved in more complex projects as well as will have higher visibility amongst the senior management team 4. People are really helpful across the organization and the Management team is very approachable. You can also directly reach out to the Management team for any thoughts/ideas.

Cons

Since the structure is flat, you will need to spend more than 2 years for vertical growth or assuming higher roles in the organization

November 29, 2019Philip Morris International

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to write us a five-star review. We%E2%80%99re happy to hear you find PMI to be an excellent place to work and that you appreciate the diverse and global nature of our community of PMI employees - we believe this is one of our many strengths - our people. We are sad to hear though that you find the structure flat and career progression challenging, as we pride ourselves on fostering professional and personal development. We suggest you approach your line manager or HR manager to discuss your professional development and thanks again for taking the time to review PMI. We wish you continued success with us - why not follow us on social media @InsidePMI to keep up with our latest news?

5. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Executive in Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Payout Is Good Working Atmosphere is Great Job Role is Totally Different form other Company if You are in Sales, actually its good to learn about Brands & Customer Centricity Managers are Behave you like your Family Members Work Life Balance is 100%

Cons

Carrier Growth & Promotions are Slow , Hope SMTs are working on it.

December 23, 2019Philip Morris International

Hello, thank you for leaving us a five-star review! It’s great to see you’re happy with a dynamic and vibrant work environment. We’re striving to provide a collaborative surrounding, where people work with colleagues around the world, and from differing functions to find the best solution. Thank you again for your positive feedback and why not follow us on social media @InsidePMI to keep up with our latest news?

6. "Company"

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Good work environment and friendly people

Cons

Nothing as such to tell about

December 23, 2019Philip Morris International

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review! We are very happy to hear that you feel valued in our work environment! Our people are our strongest asset, we care about their well-being and work very hard to give them the best possible work environment. Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave us your review.

"No learning No career growth"

1.0
    Former Employee - Manager in Calcutta

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent in destroying careers as it’s very difficult to switch from here.You become expert in buttering management and you get huge experience in PPT making.You learn how to show work when there is no work done and learn how to waste time.

Cons

No career growth,,people are on same designation since 5-7 years.Trade partner GPI drives this organisation.Your career as a sales guy depends upon GPI’s feedback.Bell curve is still followed by HR so every year someone has to be fired,no matter what.Top management are foreigners and have no idea what goes on and middle managers are good for nothing nit-wits who keep changing roles among themselves.Lot of unnecessary politics as there is no work.Do not join if you are ambitious and want to learn.HR team is a irresponsible and are liars.

September 25, 2019Philip Morris International

Hi and thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear that you have had a less than positive experience working with us. This certainly doesn’t feel like the typical review we normally receive. We constantly strive to develop our employees and provide opportunities for them to enhance their skills. In fact, the professional growth of our employees is key to PMI's future and we want our employees to build on their professional goals while providing on-the-job coaching and structured training, as well as career advancements. Thanks so much for giving us your honest view and we wish you the best in the future.

"Great place with some unique challenges"

Current Employee - Manager in New Delhi
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. True multinational setup, we have many expats in India, most of them bring a lot of International experience, perspective and a no-nonsense approach,, equally local employees do get an opportunity to go outside India on short term(12-18 months) and long term assignments(~36 months) 2. Good pay master, decent benefits 3. Open culture, good global initiatives 4. High visibility and wider scope of roles(smaller org with ~100 people) 5. Good location in Delhi (Aerocity) 6. Excellent and liberal T&E policies, all employees get similar treatment(policies) regardless of designation or grades. >5 hour air travel and you get a business class ticket :) 7. Focus on job rotation and mobility, if you adapt to the culture and are willing to take those extra steps, a very fruitful and monetarily rewarding career awaits you

Cons

1. The type of business that the company operates in (tobacco), and being in wholesale business, puts a lot of restrictions on quality of work. While profiles are wider but most of them are likely to lack depth. For example, your definition of marketing manager in FMCG industry and profile that someone should expect in IPM will be quite different(diluted) 2. Being an MNC, driven mostly by global KPIs and initiatives.. they at times may not make the most business sense from the local affiliate point of view. Someone not coming from an MNC background may find difficult to adapt 3. Some functions may be facing a leadership crisis, while a lot of processes, training, coaching etc goes in, not all SMTs are of same mold. 4. Global mobility is a requirement, if you are unwilling to move out of India, this may become a hindrance once you move up the ladder. Given the smaller team size, moving out of India becomes a necessity after a point, else your career growth will suffer.

May 23, 2019Centralized Community Management

Hi, thank you for your detailed review. We are glad to hear that you are able to take advantage of our career development opportunities at PMI. Due to the complexity of the industry in which we work, the transformation PMI is moving forward to, brings a lot of challenges and complexity. That being said, our people are our greatest strength and their achievements matter. We strive to give them the opportunity to do the best work they can, to find innovative solutions to problems, and to achieve new levels of personal development. We are sorry that you feel there is some bureaucracy, indeed the industry in which we operate calls for a certain amount of frameworks and compliance with regulations. We would welcome the opportunity to sit down with you, and discuss your comments in order to understand better why you feel this way. We encourage you to contact your line manager or HR manager to report your concerns. Thanks once again for sharing your thoughts and for the positive score.

9. "Top Company"

Current Employee - Sales Director in New Delhi
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good Development Opportunities, International Corporate, Decent Salary

Cons

Going through Transformation - Which is unclear

September 25, 2019Philip Morris International

Hi, thank you for your positive review. We are glad to see you enjoy our work environment - for over 10 years now! We are proud to hear you've chosen to dedicate so many years to the work we are doing here. Our people are at the core of our company, so we are glad you've enjoyed development opportunities - it is important to us that our employees achieve their career goals and get where they want to be. If you have any questions about our transformation, please reach out to your manager, the People Engagement function or visit the dedicated space on the intranet. Thank you again for your review.

10. "Area Sales Manager"

Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Mumbai

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Highly professional work environment, good learning potential

Cons

Too much focus on Power Point

May 23, 2019Centralized Community Management

Hello. Thank you for your time in leaving us a review. We are happy to read that you have enjoyed our company’s advantages for more than 8 years and that you perceived a good learning potential within Philip Morris International. Thank you once again for your thoughts!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,559 Reviews