Philips Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Jan 23, 2021

Found 48 of over 7,961 reviews

4.0
Philips President and CEO Frans van Houten
Frans van Houten
Pros
  • "Good benefits and good management systems(in 211 reviews)

• "Flexible working hours and good environment(in 154 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper Management was always firefighting(in 90 reviews)

• "Important to be bilingual, Spanish-English-Portuguese-Dutch(in 71 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good local team, bad upper management

Jan 23, 2021 - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Working here has been a charm, lots of interesting projects + technologies to work with - Tight knit team, good local team managers - Good work-life balance, you work your hours and you're done.

Cons

- Upper management (corporate) don't know what they're doing, with constant leadership changes - the overall business goal also changes every few months aligning with this - No room for career growth, promotions are rewarded based on years of experience rather than merit - Slow business processes halt development time - getting blocked by 3 months of testing, various sign-off procedures is extremely frustrating when development was supposed to be continuous

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful

Philips Response

Talent Brand Manager

Hello, many thanks for taking the time to share your insights and honest thoughts here. We appreciate your recommendations, as we aim to keep improving ourselves as an employer. It's a pity that you didn't feel like there was given much room for career growth, that is definitely something for us to look into. As upper management is active on this platform too, your review will be read by the right people. We wish you all the best with your career!

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Upper Management trusted consultants too much

Jan 14, 2021 - Systems Engineer in Highland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH, Optional[OH]
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredibly smart and passionate people

Cons

Upper Management was always firefighting

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful

Philips Response

Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for saying a few words about the 5+ years you've worked for Philips in Highland Heights. It's much appreciated. We're sorry to hear that your experience hasn't been the best. Our management is active on this platform as well, so your review and feedback definitely won't escape their attention. We wish you all the best for the future.

3. 5.0