Pioneer Technologies Corp Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Pioneer Technologies Corp Reviews

Updated 16 Jan 2018

3.6
  1. "Worst Company I've Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Analyst in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Pioneer Technologies Corp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is dynamic and can respond to changes quickly. The short organizational structure allows for immediate access to the President who can address problems quickly. The support staff is helpful and friendly and does try to help the employees. The company does offer standard benefits (401k match, health, dental, time-off, etc)

Cons

By far the biggest problem is the President who is a micro-manager. Rather than focusing on strategic level issues and building the business, he concerns himself with the day-to-day minutia of what's going on each task or contract. His constant interjections do nothing but detract from work and annoy both the employees and those we're trying to support. Constant phone calls, both during the work week and weekend, are another symptom of his "hands on approach". In addition, the benefits packages are sub-par at best. It's clear to me that the company went shopping for benefits and chose the packages with the least options and lowest price tag. Salary is OK, but the 401k match is less than industry average. Medical, Dental and Insurance offerings are unremarkable and vacation time is the same as an employee at McDonalds. There is zero opportunity for career advancement. Employees service a contract and if the contract is gone, so are you. Therefore, PTC has no reason to expend resources trying to improve employees through education or advance their careers. Finally, recent management changes and squabbles have interjected unnecessary and unwanted drama and drawn employees into the middle. So much so that at one point I felt I was back in high school being asked by A what Y thought of him because P heard from K that Y said something unflattering?!

Pioneer Technologies Corp2018-01-16

"Smaller company with large capabilities."

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Cheyenne, WY

I have been working at Pioneer Technologies Corp full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The support you get from your team members and the support staff is superb. The smaller size of the company means you aren't a number lost in the bureaucratic haze. The people you need to get things done know your name and care about you.

Cons

We had a tough time for a while during the recession but came through it stronger. The new organizational structure eliminated the problems we had before that we causing issues.

Pioneer Technologies Corp2017-04-12

"Company that cares about it's employees and customers"

I have been working at Pioneer Technologies Corp full-time

Pros

A company that works hard to make it's team of employees happy with a flexible schedule, competitive benefits package, puts your family first, and goes out of their way to make sure your needs are taken care of. They believe in going above and beyond for the customer and it's employees. Focused on growing leaders and improving the workforce.

Cons

Primary business is in the defense industry, which has its ups and downs.

Pioneer Technologies Corp2016-02-05

"Small Companies Are Responsive"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst

I have been working at Pioneer Technologies Corp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working for a small company comes with great advantages. When there is a problem or an unforeseen change in the market a small company like PTC can quickly change course to meet the challenge. I have seen the management completely reorganize operations in a period of a few months to adjust to changes and it was great to not have to wait for a titanic sized course change to make it happen. Also being a small company the entire management team knows everyone and are genuinely interested in the well being of every employee. It is not unheard of for the company president to help employees get home to visit sick or dying relatives on very short notice using his own funds.

Cons

Because it is a small company with a single owner policies, procedures and strategies can change quickly to meet business case needs but these changes aren't always clear, consistent or communicated to the entire team.

Pioneer Technologies Corp2015-02-21
  5. "Used to be a good company before mediocrity set in and the customers all left"

Former Employee - Portfolio Manager/Operations Analyst in Fort Walton Beach, FL

I worked at Pioneer Technologies Corp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Used to be a small company of good people. Used to be able to tele-commute to work.

Cons

Poor leadership by the owner created an environment of secrecy, intrigue, and deceipt. Influx of mediocre employees with no technical skills. Exodus of customers who needed technical services.

Pioneer Technologies Corp2013-11-04

"Defense Budget made it challenging and frustrating at time, but what an outstanding team of People I got to work with!"

Former Employee - Portfolio Manager/Operations Analyst in Tampa, FL

I worked at Pioneer Technologies Corp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Many people in the company were able to telecommute which enabled a very flexible schedule. We were free to schedule travel as required to meet customer requirements. While customer satisfaction was the first priority, the management style was very hands-off, as Senior Management trusted everyone to get their work done each day.

Cons

There was a bit more travel than I would have liked, but I very rarely had to travel over a weekend.

Pioneer Technologies Corp2012-07-06

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews