Piramal Enterprises Reviews

Updated 12 Jul 2020

3.4
Piramal Enterprises Chairman Mr. Ajay G. Piramal (no image)
Mr. Ajay G. Piramal
  1. "Values"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I have been working at Piramal Enterprises full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Organisation values are good and treat employees very well

Cons

Mainly non Profit organisation and strictly follow the Govt. Acts and rules.

July 9, 2020Manager – Branding & Communications, HR

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We stand strong by our values & our employees resonate by the same. We hope you continue to grow & enjoy being a part of our organization.

2. "Good env."

Former Employee - Piramal Fellow in Sonbhadra

I worked at Piramal Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

Active behavioral environment within an organization

Cons

Need to give proper time for Public System Projects

July 9, 2020Manager – Branding & Communications, HR

Thank you for participating & contributing through our on-ground rural development initiative. We're glad we could provide you the active environment, wish you all the best for your future endeavors.

3. "not best use of potential"

Former Employee - Graduate Trainee in Noida

I worked at Piramal Enterprises full-time for less than a year

Pros

pay scale was best among all competitors

Cons

manager use to interfere a lot

July 14, 2020Manager – Branding & Communications, HR

Thank you for your review. We believe in empowering our people to make the right decisions, it would be great if you could write to HR.Communications@piramal.com and share more details of your experience so we can work on some areas of improvement.

4. "Good company"

5.0

I have been working at Piramal Enterprises full-time

Pros

Very good company to work with

Cons

I dont think there is any cons

July 14, 2020Manager – Branding & Communications, HR

Thank you for your kind review. We wish you all the best as you design your destiny at Piramal.

5. "Changing their strategy every year"

Former Employee - Manager in Mumbai

I worked at Piramal Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good colleagues. Office aesthetic is world's best

Cons

No bonus for last 2-3 years no transparency quite transactional

July 14, 2020Manager – Branding & Communications, HR

Thank you for your review. We're glad that life at Piramal was interactive & attractive to you although it’s unfortunate to hear about the performance bonus. Your feedback is valuable and we will definitely take it into consideration.

6. "Good work culture"

Current Employee - Procurement

I have been working at Piramal Enterprises full-time

Pros

Good team to work, good work culture , health insurance

Cons

Work life balance , nothing else. Nithing specific

July 14, 2020Manager – Branding & Communications, HR

Thank you for your kind review. At Piramal, our policies & benefits are designed to empower our employees to do their best beyond the work-life. We wish you all the best as you design your destiny at Piramal.

7. "Piramal Swasthya--A Sinking Ship"

1.0
    Former Employee - CHIEF MANAGER in Hyderābād

I worked at Piramal Enterprises full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pros: • Wide network • Diverse portfolio of public health programs focusing on primary care. • Big teams • Opportunity to work with the communities • Addressing real public health issues • Opportunity to network

Cons

•Irregular Salaries: Salary often gets delayed (not regular) sometimes 15 days or more. •Defunct Leaders/Managers: So-called “Leaders” who head each department don’t qualify to be managers. They are just exploiting and wasting company resources on unnecessary travel. In fact, no one takes interest in the routine work of their respective teams. Most of the times, in a week, senior management travel and return to the office on Friday and never guide the team or review their work. Everything happens in air over the phone. Rather, I would say high-end officials lack basic skills. All are selfish and never give you the opportunity to grow. No structured policies and processes and deviations are common. •No inter-departmental coordination and harmony: When I say this, it means every department thinks that they are the boss. No one actually listens to another and work ethics are highly compartmentalized. The worst department to work within PSMRI is Human Resources, Monitoring and Evaluation, and Communication headed by a single person who knows nothing about each of these functions. Moreover, people working under this person lack technical competence, highly self-absorbed and rude. •Leaders by Chance (Low technical competence): Very few people are from technical backgrounds and rest are from nontechnical fields though work which they do is highly technical. To exemplify- people from telecommunication heading the strategic information group and health system strengthening work with NITI Aayog. •High level of nepotism: Favoritism is highly prevalent. Though they say the annual review is transparent but it is only on paper. •Frequent Fights: Senior management fights quite often and clear groups are evident. People close to CEO used to get much bounty. Actually, only three people (Innovations, IT, Advisory verticals) run the whole organization. Program heads in three verticals do not know where they are headed and what they want to achieve. •Team Neglect and High Wastage: CEO or program heads never give time to meet their teams. High money waste on unnecessary travel and lavish spends on alcohol and meat whenever seniors/leaders trip out. •Biased Performance Management System: Though PSMRI has a well-structured process for employee annual performance review it exits ON PAPER ONLY. They have made a steering group comprising all people above the rank of “General Manager”. In all, I have seen the cross-functional teams highly depressed and in constant job hunting. The annual attrition rate is high and no job security. I am sharing my insights, which are well thought, after a deep reflection. In the long run, the company has no future to offer provided senior leadership become caring/sensitive to employee needs, remove all sorts of partiality, treat everyone with respect and dignity and transparent and fair in decision making at all levels. Latest Update: PSMRI fired close to 120 employees during COVID-19 including its CEO, Senior Vice Presidents one in Clinical Domain and another one in HR. No increment for 2020. Staff highly demotivated. It seems PSMRI is on the verge of closure or merge with NITI project at Delhi.

July 14, 2020Manager – Branding & Communications, HR

Thank you for your review. At Piramal, we live our values & integrity, we regret you could not experience that. It would be great if you could write to HR.Communications@piramal.com and share more details of your experience so we can work on some areas of improvement.

8. "Good company with average values"

Current Employee - Program Leader

I have been working at Piramal Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Ample freedom 2. Diversity with respect to people.

Cons

1. Not very human centric 2. Poor office

July 14, 2020Manager – Branding & Communications, HR

Thank you for your review. At Piramal, we take early bets & empower our people to take the right decision and provide a diverse & inclusive environment. We are glad you could experience the same. To make it even better, we look forward to working upon the valuable feedback suggested by you.

9. "Good company to work with"

Former Employee - Vice President Operations in Mumbai

I worked at Piramal Enterprises full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Independence, trust and global exposure

Cons

Not detailed oriented, lacks execution

July 14, 2020Manager – Branding & Communications, HR

Thank you for your review. We're glad that you could sense the empowerment we strive to provide our employees, globally at Piramal. Also, your feedback is valuable and we will definitely take your suggestions into consideration.

10. "Management very incompetent"

2.0
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Indore
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Piramal Enterprises full-time

Pros

Working in project gives you varied experience Canteen facility Transport facility

Cons

Managers of project team are unreliable Unprofessional team Zero work life balance

July 14, 2020Manager – Branding & Communications, HR

Thank you for your review. We're glad that you could experience the enriching life at Piramal. We strive to provide our employees with benefits that empower them to do greater things beyond work. We regret you could not experience the same, and we will definitely take your suggestions into consideration.

Found 223 reviews