Piramal Enterprises Employee Reviews about "no work life"

Updated 13 Oct 2020

3.7
Piramal Enterprises Chairman Mr. Ajay G. Piramal (no image)
Mr. Ajay G. Piramal
Pros
  • "A very good work culture and ample development programs(in 19 reviews)

• "Good package , Work life balance(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Maintaining work-life balance is extremely difficult(in 25 reviews)

• "Hectic life, No work life balance(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "no work life"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0

Honest review

13 Oct 2020 - Account Executive in Kurla
      Business Outlook

Pros

Canteen , traveling , WFH facility

Cons

Work pressure, no work life balance

Manager, HR, Piramal Group

Thank you for taking the time & sharing your review. At Piramal, we believe in empowering our people in creating a balance, with policies & benefits that support them in achieving the same. We're glad you recognize the same & wish you all the best as you design your destiny with us.

2. 3.0

Nice

30 Jul 2020 - Finance Manager in Mumbai
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment, Good people, Good Learning

Cons

Hectic life, No work life balance

Manager – Branding & Communications, HR

Thank you for taking the time & sharing your review. At Piramal, we strive to provide a great working & learning atmosphere and empowering our employees to create a balance. We wish you all the best as you continue to design your destiny with us.

3. 3.0

please do not join

16 Jul 2019 - AREA SALES MANAGER
      Business Outlook

Pros

good learning curve at the start

Cons

no work life balance, no long term strategy

Manager – Branding & Communications, HR

Thank you for your review. Our operations are structured for long term growth- not only for our business but also our people. Our HR team is there to support you with any grievances – kindly reach out to them for any pressing concerns.

4. 3.0

Working in Corporate functions

5 May 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pay structure is very good

Cons

There is no work-life balance

Manager – Branding & Communications, HR

Thank you for your review. We have always strived to build a culture and craft policies that enable employees to achieve work life balance. Please allow us to understand how we can help you- please reach out to your Business HR.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Too much politics, no work-life balance

19 Jul 2017 - Manager in Mumbai
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company is doing very well. Good facilities for employees - transport, food, work from home option, flexible timings. Promoter family is very humble.

Cons

"Sir" culture still prevails in some pockets. People go to any level to please seniors, keeping self respect aside. Some senior leadership has high ego, which even promoter family doesn't have. Major salary and grade disparities. LOT of politics. You have to be fake, cannot say No to anything, only then you will appreciated. To do well here (or even to survive), you have to let go off your self-respect, and ego-massage the senior leadership. No work-life balance. You are expected to work after going home, sometimes even on weekends. Being available at odd hours and working late from home, etc. is appreciated. Some people are spoiling the work culture. Poor data maintenance and technology.

4 people found this review helpful
    6. 3.0

ABM Ahmedabad

10 May 2018 - ABM in Ahmedabad
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Colleagues & always help us.

Cons

no work life balance in Daily life

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Don’t do it - Piramal Pharma Solutions, Lexington, KY

2 Nov 2018 - Quality Assurance Specialist in Lexington-Fayette, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people, but most of those people have left in the past two months, so I’m not sure if that pro is still applicable. Other than that, the only pro is that you’re located in the bourbon capital so when you go home (if you actually get to go home and have free time to do things other than eat, shower, and sleep) you can drink your work miseries away.

Cons

Top down communication is terrible, unless you’re one of the favorites, then you already know what will happen and you gossip about it to your fellow coworkers. Poor planning and execution. There is always an issue or a supply shortage and the company will not pause or evaluate the issue to put in an actual corrective action that remediates the problem. The corrections only get you to the next batch or the next day. The training program is inefficient and not streamed line. Hopefully you can figure out what to do from reading your SOPs and god given ability. The often promise promotions, but they will ask you to perform the tasks of the higher position for 6-12 months without compensation before actually giving you promised raise. If you get that mythical promotion at all. Why pay you more when you’ll do the work for less? There is no work life balance although they tell you it is something they are working very hard to improve. They do not care for their employees, but they expect you to give 100%. Do you have a family? Friends? Don’t expect to see them or make plans with them. Something will go wrong or you will have an unexpected deadline so those plans are out the window. Do not work here unless you are looking to learn basic cGMP and move on to greener pastures.

5 people found this review helpful

Manager – Branding & Communications, HR

Thank you for your feedback. We are truly sorry to hear of your experience. The organization always strives to live by its Values - one of which is care; and we are sorry your experience was not reflective of that. We will sincerely look into the issues you have raised. Also, we are taking your advice into consideration to help serve our employees better.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Not the best, but not the worst

18 Jan 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great benefits, paid well

Cons

No work/life balance, high stress, lack of communication, unrealistic expectations

Manager – Branding & Communications, HR

We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. We are conscious when it comes to our employees’ well-being and are working hard to elevate our existing employee centric culture, we will use your feedback to improve on the same. Thank you!

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews

Popular Careers with Piramal Enterprises Job Seekers

Management Trainee (Quality Department)
    Learn About the Job