Plex Systems, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

3.7
Plex Systems, Inc. CEO Bill Berutti
Bill Berutti
Pros
Cons
  • "Plex is going through some growing pains(in 10 reviews)

• "Much management turnover and new management not proving any better than the old in being able to properly "scale up" the business from its beginnings(in 6 reviews)

"Not what it used to be a couple years ago"

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Answer in Troy, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Generous time off policy, free snacks and drink, massage chairs, talented individual contributors, some great talent

Cons

Things are changing very rapidly and not effectively. There’s a lot more rigidity in terms of working hours - a lot of focus on quantity vs quality. They want behinds in seats vs observing the quality of work being produced. This is how old leadership differs from new leadership. Things feel to be going backwards. We are no longer this innovative, progressive software company that we used to be. Also, leadership seems to hold their cards close to their chest vs being open from the top down. It’s affecting productivity and ultimately hurting our customers. People are unhappy and disgruntled for the most part. Things are tense and it isn’t a pleasant or invigorating work environment anymore. Too top heavy. Leadership makes decisions by dictating vs collaborative and open.

Advice to Management

My advice to Bill B is to really evaluate the leadership team and find some authentic, progressive talent to lead the people at the bottom who have some pretty remarkable potential.

Plex Systems, Inc.2020-01-16

"Kidding Themselves and Not Ready for Prime Time"

Current Employee - Consultant in Troy, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Used to be open atmosphere, flat organization, and able to move quickly. Product was highly configurable, which was good and bad.

Cons

Much management turnover and new management not proving any better than the old in being able to properly "scale up" the business from its beginnings. Many good people have left, and organization is flush with excessive titles, many VPs, senior VPs, directors, senior directors, etc. Most senior management do not understand customer environments, never worked in a factory. Spend a lot of time congratulating themselves even when missing significant targets. New product update is horrible.

Advice to Management

Since Plex will never go public, not big enough, may as well sell off the pieces - which seems to be what they are aiming to do anyway with segmenting shop floor data collection solutions, forecasting software, other niche pieces, over total ERP, forecasting .

Plex Systems, Inc.2020-01-13

"Leadership removed and is apparent"

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Relaxed dress code and ability to take time off as needed

Cons

CSS organization is ran poorly and with out a clear vision from upper management. Feedback is not received well and could place a target on your back from upper management.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate upper management leadership altogether.

Plex Systems, Inc.2020-01-07

"Never been so driven in my career to see my employer lead the industry"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance is a priority from the top down. We are growing fast, but employee experience is important and protected. I felt that from day one. Flexible work locations/styles, well-packaged, well-paid and well-recognized. There is little internal competition or politicking. Plex is like one big team, all driving towards the same goal with respect, kindness and an open mind to trying things out, being bold. The drive for customer happiness (not just satisfaction) is like nothing I've ever seen in enterprise SaaS. Our products change the lives of manufacturers and their companies, we feel an owness to deliver and make them successful.

Cons

This culture isn't for everyone. It's fast paced and requires drive.

Advice to Management

I see strength in our executive team. Keep representing decisiveness and extreme focus. Appreciate how you take time to individually acknowledge employees.

Plex Systems, Inc.2019-10-15

"Fast Moving, Great Vision"

Current Employee - Sales in Troy, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

The mainly new exec leadership team is pursuing a powerful vision and growth trajectory, and is open and transparent with all employees about it. The company has great people and a culture to support this plan. The headquarters facility has world class perks, but working from home is also encouraged and supported where necessary. This is a company that focuses on developing great people and empowers them to drive change and growth while supporting balance.

Cons

The pace of change can be overwhelming, and long time employees may struggle with it initially, but the vision and transparency provides a solid foundation for why we're doing something this way.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, whilst maintaining the proper prospective on people.

Plex Systems, Inc.2019-09-26

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Engagement Manager

I worked at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture, people, product, and customers.

Cons

401k match could be improved.

Plex Systems, Inc.2019-09-06

"Great place to work, but change is feared."

I worked at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Plex was a great place to work. The perks were fun and a great break from the workday. The culture and the people are what make the job worth it. The work itself can be fun too, if you like problem solving. Benefits could be better.

Cons

A new leadership team has come in and doesn’t seem interested in keeping up with the Plex culture.

Advice to Management

Relax a bit. Enjoy Plex and all it has to offer. Let employees have their fun, they work hard.

Plex Systems, Inc.2019-08-24

"Values work/life balance, good communication, and employee success"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Plex prioritizes work/life balance. (PTO, flex time, etc) Plex practices open communication. Plex praises jobs well done.

Cons

While there are some great work/life benefits, there are other benefits that aren’t quite where their competitors are.

Advice to Management

Continue to show your employees that they are valued and do something about some of benefit programs that lag behind other companies.

Plex Systems, Inc.2019-08-16

"Outstanding talent within the organization."

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

1. Culture-despite the rate of growth that Plex has experienced, the culture is important enough to the employees that they demand that it doesn’t get lost. The services team is outstanding. There were some big hits to the organization with a couple of departures, but the new guys will be solid when they have a better understanding of the business. Right now, we are seeing some changes without that understanding. I love what Bill Berutti brings to Plex with his persistent focus on the customer.

Cons

Communication around major initiatives is strong within the company but poor with customers. There is more ownership being shown and I expect this to be an area of improvement.

Advice to Management

Understand the business. Take ownership and lead.

Plex Systems, Inc.2019-05-09

"Moving in the right direction — Hiring rockstars"

Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company is committed to recruiting rockstars like Randy Johns, Todd Kisaberth, Bill Berutti, etc

Cons

Client Success is weak. Customers do not get the relationship management they deserve.

Advice to Management

Upgrade client success; put more structure in place: make sure employees know the difference between RTO and flexibility; move out the bottom 5%; continue the awesome external talent acquisition —- we need people who have run large companies.

Plex Systems, Inc.2019-05-03