Point72 Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated 2 Dec 2019

3.9
Point72 Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, and President Steven A. Cohen (no image)
Steven A. Cohen
Pros
  • "Good compensation, convenient & flexible location, smart people around(in 22 reviews)

• "Takes care of their employees, great benefits(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours happen often, but should be expected in this kind of a business(in 12 reviews)

• "On Cubist side, the chance of research analyst become a PM is quite slim(in 10 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews

"Positive work environment - Cubist"

I have been working at Point72

Pros

- small team set up, which both fosters collaboration and maximizes individual impact - management style encourages immediate constructive feedback - fun culture, with several unique team-building events throughout the year - beautiful modern office space - great benefits

Cons

- working hours can be long at times

2. "Working at Cubist Systematic Strategies"

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Point72 full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Very collegial environment -Incredibly smart, hardworking people -Beautiful office -Great benefits -Access to a great recruiting team

Cons

None I can think of

"Great place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Point72 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Relatively flat structure that allows for growth and learning. I've had the opportunity to expand my responsibilities and take on projects that I never could have imagined before working here - Company culture that continues to evolve to support employees. There are constantly new initiatives to create more connectivity among employees. Lots of opportunities to volunteer/give back. - People here are generally very nice, smart, and have a wide variety of interests - Great benefits, top pay - Beautiful offices around the globe

Cons

- Can feel disconnected among offices

4. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Point72 full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Takes care of their employees, great benefits

Cons

No cons, great place to work

5. "Awesome Company"

4.0
    Former Employee - Vice President QA in Stamford, CT

I worked at Point72 full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Benefits , Great Atmosphere. Family oriented

Cons

In my case was the commute would be nice if the provided the ability to work from New York office more frequently .

"Great Company & Benefits"

Administrative Assistant in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Point72 for less than a year

Pros

They have great benefits. They cover 100% of your monthly premiums and you're only responsible for a co-pay if your provider is in-network. They have a great 401K plan and unlimited sick days. The pantry is pretty good if you like healthy snacks. Upper management does a good job with their open door policy, at least mine does. I feel like I'm part of one big family rather than just another employee.

Cons

I haven't experienced any downside to the company yet.

Continue reading

"Amazing Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Point72 full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company really has an amazing family feel to it, and they are going above and beyond to help launch and develop careers over the long term. Having worked within a bank for over 10 years in a similar capacity, and spoken to many friends at other similar types of Hedge Funds/Family Offices, I really feel like this is an awesome place to work. Great benefits, perks and dedication to the development of their employees. On top of that, I have been pleasantly surprised with the work life balance and the emphasis placed on that for employees.

Cons

Same cons as with any fund in this field, though muted relative others. PM duration here is longer than normal as a testament to that, so I'm happy to say that despite the career risks of the trading world, this feels safer than most for career stability.

"Point72"

I worked at Point72 full-time

Pros

Many fine,well-meaning, smart and driven people, great benefits, work is very connected to current events, perfect size in terms of numbers of people, innovative, gives people tools they need to do their job.

Cons

Culture is inconsistent: some parts of firm are excellent areas to work in, with a strong ethos of learning and a focus on stressing individual and firm growth while other areas have more zero-sum approach that views employees as resource to be consumed and replaced, lack of empathy and concern from some senior and middle managers about providing paths of opportunity for individuals, 'open door' policies often insincere and indicative of favoritism, with requests for feedback that is either ignored or regarded with contempt/offense, pockets of arrogance and self-centeredness in some investment teams. HR issues: once hired into one function, many people are tracked and unable to change course, values new employees and recruitment more than existing employees, sometimes places people in wrong jobs because not always interested in fit, seems intentionally ambiguous how to apply for different job, with different gatekeepers depending on circumstance, review process only takes into account what the firm considers germane and does not allow employees to showcase outside accomplishments as basis for promotion or job change.

9. "Analyst"

in New York, NY

I have been working at Point72 for more than 5 years

Pros

great benefits, great culture and people

Cons

high performance standards, pays performers

"Cut Throat"

2.0
    Current Employee - Associate in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Point72 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free snacks, great benefits, offices are beautiful, compensation is very competitive, smart people.

Cons

Cut throat work environment terrible work life balance for many lack of transparency HR dept is a joke The company culture is very lacking and the vibe in the office is constant paranoia. People generally seem very unhappy. Many cannot be trusted. Seasoned Point72 employees will not hesitate to throw a colleague under the bus. If you are not in a front office dept, be prepared to be treated like a number and eat your lunch at your desk most days. The turnover rate at this firm speaks for itself.

Point72 Response

May 20, 2016Head of Human Capital

Dear Colleague, We’re disappointed that your post reflects that you are unhappy at the Firm. You’ve told us some troubling things and we take them seriously. Based on what we know about attitudes and morale across the Firm we are confident that your experience is the exception, not the rule; if you work at Point72, you know we place a great deal of value on mutual respect and commitment. We can measure colleague satisfaction in a couple of ways. First, by how many people leave – are they voting with their feet? Second, we measure sentiment through an anonymous survey we do of our employees annually. Last year, about 4 percent of our people quit and this year is running at about 3 percent. That suggests the overwhelming majority of our colleagues think things are going well here, and we doubt it has much to do with the free snacks; they’re good, but not that good. Now let’s look at what our colleagues have told us. A lot of them weighed in -- 82 percent -- about two and half times the participation rate you usually get for a company employee survey. That tells us our colleagues care deeply about the Firm. Nearly 90 percent told us they plan to stick around for the foreseeable future and would recommend the Firm to a friend. That’s a pretty good indicator they like the place. What about the trust factor? You said you’re experiencing a “cut throat” environment. Well, the survey tells us that, again, most colleagues don’t agree with you. More than three quarters say there is a high degree of trust at work and have at least two people they can confide in. That’s pretty good – and remember, this is anonymous, so our colleagues have no incentive to sugar-coat things. We don’t know why you’re not having the same experience most of us say we are, and even though we think your experience is an unusual one, we want to hear more from you to try to explore how we can make your experience here better. We take seriously our core values, which include this one: “We operate as one Firm, dedicated to succeeding together.” I encourage you to reach out to me directly, or someone on my team if you would prefer, to see if there are specific problems we can help resolve. Sincerely, Mike Butler

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 English Reviews