Primatics Financial "smart people" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Primatics Financial Employee Reviews about "smart people"

Updated 31 Jan 2020

3.2
Primatics Financial General Manager Kwang Sin (no image)
Kwang Sin
Pros
Cons
  • "Very late sittings affecting work life balance(in 12 reviews)

• "For a company of its size the firm is surprisingly very political and senior management is incompetent(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "smart people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "not what it looks like from outside"

Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at Primatics Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some REALLY smart people work here.

Cons

The company has failed to mature and is stuck at a plateau. Many of the most talented people have left, more are still leaving.

Primatics Financial2020-01-31
  2. "A good place to learn."

I worked at Primatics Financial

Pros

A lot of smart people working on quantitative analysis. A good place to hone in on one's analytical skill set.

Cons

The company is always changing. This could be a good thing if you have a personality type that appreciates change.

Primatics Financial2015-04-29

"Used to be great"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Primatics Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

First, the biggest advantage of working at Primatics is that you are working with really smart people. Everybody says that but here you are really working with people with very high IQs Second, the executive management is really interested in fixing problems. Most of the senior management are made up of very analytically oriented people. Once you get them to take notice of a problem, they will find a solution. You do not find "check-the-box" kind of management here. The executive managers are deeply deeply interested in solving problems and moving the company forward Lastly, the company combines technical expertise with business expertise. There are a lot of experts here, and you can learn a lot

Cons

I've been at Primatics for 4 years. Over the past 4 years the growth has exploded and Primatics was bought over by the Carlyle group. As Primatics has grown, it has gone from being more people-oriented to being more process-oriented. Also, unfortunately, since Carlyle bought Primatics, everything is going downhill. Yes, when they first came on board, the company line was "Carlye is not telling us how to run the company. They are just advising us", which sounded like doublespeak, and it was Cost cutting:- The company is focused too much on cutting costs. Cutting costs is important but it would be better done organically. The execdutive managers who used to be domain experts have become bean-counters. The way costs are being cut is not right. A lot of the responsibilities are moving offshore because offshore looks cheaper on paper. The problem is offshore is not ready. There are a lot of inefficiencies assosciated with offshore that are not readily apparent on paper. Onshore employees are being laid off, and IME, tenured mediocre employees are being kept while newly hired top performers are being laid off. A lot of good people are leaving. Last 3 quarter the company has consistently said there will be no layoffs, and there have been layoffs every quarter. No one trusts them now when they say "there are no layoffs". Yeah there are going to be layoffs, and it might be me next time. Time to update my resume! Finger pointing:- A side effect of the layoffs is that finger pointing among the middle management is on the rise. No one wants to look bad, so they point fingers at the other team. Everyone used to work together here before Carlyle Egos:- a side effect of having really smart people is their egos. Especially on the technical side, different people are pulling the ship in different directions. There is no captain.

Primatics Financial2013-08-08

"Doomed to fail, if management changes are not made soon."

I have been working at Primatics Financial

Pros

Smart People, competitive compensation, good work/life balance. Co-founders are amazing!

Cons

Management has no idea how to manage. Everyone's ego gets in the way of real work. Meetings, meetings, meetings. And always the same people running their mouth to hear themselves talk. Middle/Senior management needs a complete overhaul. The company is struggling because there is absolutely no continuity or consistency. Everyone is so busy trying to make their presentation "pretty" for the endless meetings, they don't get anything else done. If I were a client I would be very concerned.

Primatics Financial2013-01-25
  5. "Fast growing company with alot of smart people"

I have been working at Primatics Financial full-time

Pros

- Very smart people - Great office environment - Upper management is approachable and supportive of learning curve - Rapidly growing company

Cons

I have yet to find any cons as I am relatively new to the company; it is still a young and growing company with an ever-changing product so hard work is to be expected to adapt to change.

Primatics Financial2012-10-24
  6. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Primatics Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Growing company. Challenging and stimulating projects. If you work hard, you will be rewarded. Loads of opportunity. Very smart people. Constant change, which is great!

Cons

Fast paced growth, so be prepared to put in extra time - but that is required for career growth anywhere. Office in an expensive neighborhood.

Primatics Financial2012-10-18

"In over their head"

I have been working at Primatics Financial full-time

Pros

Very smart people with good accounting experience

Cons

I won't rehash the work life balance issues cited elsewhere. But what they are selling is an advanced form of vapor ware, with the expectation that the client and staff pick up the slack and pay for the lack of testing and development.

Primatics Financial2012-09-01

"Too many hats to wear without regard to what employees are interested in"

Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I worked at Primatics Financial

Pros

High pace, high energy small company environment. Some very smart people to work with.

Cons

Primatics hires senior software engineers and then assign them software installation and execution work. And try doing that for 12-14 hours every day. During crunch times, you could get a call at 10:00 PM for some work and expected to deliver by midnight. High employee turnover, Management keeps hiring more people to replace people who leave, without bothering to understand and address employee concerns.

Primatics Financial2011-10-18

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 8 reviews