ProMedica Senior Care Employee Reviews about "rehab"

Updated Jan 2, 2021

Found 44 of over 1,747 reviews

ProMedica Senior Care President and CEO Randy Oostra
Randy Oostra
0 Rating
Pros
  • "Rehab staff works well together(in 32 reviews)

• "Easily accessible for employees for benefits, good benefits(in 31 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Working short-staffed frequently(in 80 reviews)

• "Upper management has no clue about what's going on at the facility level and implements ridiculous policies(in 55 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "rehab"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0

They need to do better!

Jan 2, 2021 - Speech Language Pathologist in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

1- Good rehab team. The rehab team carries the company.

Cons

1- No opportunities to grow within your field (i.e. no training in specific techniques, not willing to improve care for patients or try new BETTER ways of doing things). 2- You are there to provide the most basic care that will get the patients discharged; you are not motivated to develop new skills or a higher clinical skill set to provide top of the line care. 3- Nurses are overall rude, lazy, slow and sometimes don’t even know what to do or how rehab relates to their job. *Not all of them are that way, but most are. 4- Many times, CNA’s will not change their patient’s in a timely manner unless someone from the rehab team says “I need to provide services, please change them.”. 5- Overall care is very sad and as a provider there I would NEVER bring a family or friend to the facility for services. It gets depressing at times. 6- Hours are never stable. You can have weeks of 5 full 8-10 hour days as well as weeks with only 3 days of 4 hours or less.

Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. As a company, we're constantly looking for ways to improve our career growth opportunities, training opportunities and offering a positive, healthy work environment for all of our employees. We understand the importance of employee satisfaction as this will lead to a successful environment not only for our teams but also for our patients and residents. Thank you for your candid review.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

HCR Manorcare

Feb 9, 2020 - Rehab
      Business Outlook

Pros

In-house rehab, good facilities, friendly co-workers, flexible schedule

Cons

Average benefits, average pay, average management

Human Resources

We couldn’t agree more that our rehab department, dedicated employees and a flexible schedule are top priorities for a successful business. We understand the importance of providing benefits that suit all team members. Thank you for your review!

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

I do like my job!

Feb 24, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful co-workers. Staff talent and longevity. Very supportive director.

Cons

Not enough help. Patient population fluctuates or is trending towards long term care vs rehab therefore not enough work hours available to fulfill 40 hour work week!

Human Resources

We appreciate your current service with the HCR ManorCare family. We’re always looking for ways to improve our processes and procedures because employee contentment is crucial to our organization. Thank you for your review.

4. 4.0

COTA/L

Oct 22, 2018 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Rehab staff works well together

Cons

Decline in admissions to SNF

Human Resources

We appreciate your time spent at HCR ManorCare! As an organization, we understand the importance of open communication across all departments as this benefits all employees. Thank you for your review!

5. 4.0
      Current Freelancer, more than 5 years

Per Diem COTA

Sep 18, 2018 - COTA/L in Venice, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

All employees work as a team for patient outcomes. Very good Rehab Manager. Use of iPad Mini's for point of service documentation. Rehab Manager completes schedule based on known appointments, etc. to avoid conflicts. COTAs do Daily Treatment notes, OTRs do Weekly Progress Notes. Training is done on-the-clock via computer modules. Wonderful Rehab Team.

Cons

Honestly haven't found one.

6. 4.0
      Former Contractor

Physical Therapist

May 9, 2018 - Anonymous Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Rehab Staff was very supportive and friendly

Cons

nursing staff sometimes overworked making them sometimes unavailable to assist or obtain patient updates.

7. 3.0
      Current Employee

Certified occupational therapy assistant

Mar 2, 2018 - Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing Therapy team and Derector of rehab

Cons

Low pay, lack of room for advancement, inconsistent hours, and what shifts you do have can be taken and given to full time staff of other buildings when there census is low.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fairly ok

Feb 13, 2018 - RN Nurse Supervisor in Hanahan, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I did enjoy working with most of the staff, good teamwork from most of the staff, and also they had good rehab team willing to help when needed.

Cons

Always understaffed and big work overload for the staff Management need to work on communication with staff, listen more to staff!!

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Bad employer and facility

Feb 7, 2018 - Scheduler in Waterloo, IA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They had competitive wages. They are usually always hiring nurses.

Cons

They focus on numbers and not people. Fire people with no notice due to low census then fight their ability to get unemployment. They promise care to residents but then kick them out if they are not in the rehab side of it. Always understaffed.

10. 2.0

Poor

Oct 19, 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Rehab team worked well together

Cons

Unfair management and poorly managed

Viewing 1 - 10 of 44 Reviews