ProMedica Senior Care Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Jan 16, 2021

Found 55 of over 1,747 reviews

ProMedica Senior Care President and CEO Randy Oostra
Randy Oostra
0 Rating
Pros
  • "Rehab staff works well together(in 32 reviews)

• "Easily accessible for employees for benefits, good benefits(in 31 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Working short-staffed frequently(in 80 reviews)

• "Upper management has no clue about what's going on at the facility level and implements ridiculous policies(in 55 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Poor upper management

Jan 16, 2021 - Registered Nurse Supervisor in Citrus Heights, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great supportive staff and unit managers

Cons

Horrible upper management. They do not deal with poor employee performance or bad apples in the bunch that patients and staff complain about. Upper management does not implement policies and procedures.

Human Resources

We're glad to hear about your positive experience with your supportive staff and unit managers. As a company, we understand the importance of proper managerial procedures as this will lead to a positive and healthy work environment across all departments. Employee satisfaction is key. Thank you for your review.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

The company

Jan 12, 2021 - Human Resources Director in Hyattsville, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Has better job security than most companies -Good benefits

Cons

- Low salary than the average market - Too bureaucratic. Upper management has no clue about what's going on at the facility level and implements ridiculous policies

Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your experience as an HR Director with our team. We're glad to hear about your positive experience with job security and great benefits at ProMedica Senior Care. We also understand the importance of proper managerial procedures. We appreciate your review.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee

Bad management but caring staff

Sep 25, 2020 - Social Worker
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing staff work ethic, very strong middle management that cares for their workers and loves the residents.

Cons

Upper management and director absolutely does not care about people or the limitations of programs. Does not care about residents.

Human Resources

We appreciate your 10+ years of service with the HCR ManorCare family and we couldn't agree more that great work ethic and a team-oriented atmosphere can only lead to success. We're always looking for ways to improve our managerial staff as employee satisfaction is crucial to our business. Thank you for your honest feedback.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Poor Management

Apr 29, 2020 - Dietary
      Business Outlook

Pros

The only pro was getting to work with a few caring employees and the residents.

Cons

Management was terrible, people got jobs based on who they knew rather than on education and experience, as little as possible was spent on food and activities for the residents so that upper management would get bonuses, residents were left unattended often and incident reports were falsified by managers so that employees would not appear negligent

Human Resources

We couldn’t agree more that providing quality care to all patients and residents is a top priority across the company. We also understand the importance of proper managerial processes as this will lead to a positive working environment across all departments. Thank you for your honest feedback as this will help lead to improvements across the company.

5. 3.0
      Former Contractor

Upper management makes working for this company difficult

Dec 10, 2019 - PT Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are amazing for the most part DOR listens

Cons

Nursing staff is hit or miss Upper management not at all understanding of conditions/billing requirements that reflect productivity

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

CNA

Jun 26, 2019 - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA in Sinking Spring, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers are great. Always willing to help. Residents and patients are for the most part really nice.

Cons

Upper management needs to get it together. They cover things up. Staffing is always short. Raises are rare. Don’t ever get sick or end up in the hospital you will get a write up regardless of a doctors note. The administrator hides in her office 95 % of the day and when a concern is brought up that she can help change or fix. She blames and puts the responsibility on someone else who doesn’t have the power to fix the problem. Also she is nasty with the aides.

2 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thank you for your current service with the HCR ManorCare family. We strongly believe in open communication and a healthy work environment as employee contentment is key to our organization. We encourage you to reach out to our Care Line at careline@hcr-manorcare.com with specific examples of improvement. We appreciate your review.

7. 2.0
      Current Employee

Overworked...Underpaid

Sep 26, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Regular scheduling with rotating weekends off

Cons

Too many patients not enough workers... Very little support from upper management

Human Resources

We appreciate your honest review. At HCR ManorCare, we’re always looking for ways to improve our upper management team. We encourage you to reach out to our Care Line at careline@hcr-manorcare.com with specific examples so we can investigate and implement improvements. We appreciate your current service with the HCR ManorCare family.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Management

Oct 6, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Palos Heights, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The experience of working major rolls in a Healthcare field.

Cons

Upper Management and Administration have to many personal issues with staff and each other, which causes department's and groups of staff to become unprofessional with one another. While employees without power are left to suffer horrible work conditions. Resulting in finding a way out.

Human Resources

Thank you for being a HCR ManorCare team member. We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed experiencing many different roles within our organization. As a company, we value all of our team members because they are the backbone of our institution. We’re constantly looking for new ways to improve the workplace environment. We appreciate your feedback.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee

Nurse

Sep 20, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pretty facility, clean and well kept by housekeeping.

Cons

Poor staffing. Unreasonable expectations of staff. Nurses call off constantly. CNA's call off constantly. HUGE turn over in upper management-like 5 DON's/12Managers in last couple of years

Human Resources

Thank you for your service with the HCR ManorCare family. We understand the importance of a healthy work environment, which is why we’re constantly looking for new ways to improve our employees’ satisfaction. We appreciate your honest feedback!

10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Demanding job

Aug 6, 2018 - Staff RN in King of Prussia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The majority of the staff truly cares about doing a good job

Cons

Poor staffing, high turnover with upper management, shortage of supplies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 55 Reviews