Prologis Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 28 Mar 2020

4.1
Prologis Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer Hamid R. Moghadam
Hamid R. Moghadam
Pros
Cons
  • "Culture is very different by team and work/life balance also depends on your manager(in 8 reviews)

• "Volume of work can be intense at times but I have found this to be the case at all of my previous jobs(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - GIS Manager in Denver, CO
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Prologis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits, PTO, work life balance, volunteer time

Cons

Company is very big and top heavy.

Prologis Response

May 14, 2020Head of HR

Thank you for the positive review and five stars. I'm confused by the low approval rating regarding our outlook and recommendation. Please reach out to me directly as I would love to hear more about why those were rated less.

"Totally depends on your manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Prologis full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting sector of real estate Company is well managed on the business side Great financial outlook Cool projects going on in Research, ESG and Prologis Ventures Conservativeness can definitely be a pro because the professionalism means there are boundaries

Cons

The culture in the SF office is a bit toxic , very top-down and places a lot of value on optics, though they are making pushes to get away from that. It will depend a lot on your manager what your experience will be like because a lot of the heads of departments aren't really great people and will throw employees under the bus but a handful are pretty terrific and very much worth following. Culture is very different by team and work/life balance also depends on your manager. Compensation is under market for roles outside of senior leadership. There's also a lot of petty drama that goes on. San Francisco has so many well-performing companies that Prologis' bright financial outlook may not be enough to make up for the dreary day-to-day culture.

Prologis Response

May 14, 2020Head of HR

I’m sorry you had a bad experience here. While we are not perfect, we do work hard every day to nurture a culture that positions our people for success. That said, not every organization is a good fit for every employee, and vice versa. Since you mentioned culture, it’s worth noting that in our latest employee engagement survey more than 90 percent of our employees said they are super psyched to work at Prologis. Please feel free to reach out to me directly to discuss any of this. We wish you the best of luck in your career!

3. "Dynamic and Engaged"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Prologis full-time for more than a year

Pros

Prologis always has its foot on the gas - its a huge company in terms of fiscal scale but relatively small in terms of number of employees. This gives everyone, in every aspect an opportunity to engage and be close to solving problems that propel the business and key initiatives. And yes, great benefits.

Cons

You have to advocate for yourself - projects and work/life balance can be intense - but, thats typical in most work environments.

4. "Review"

2.0
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Prologis full-time

Pros

Good benefits, innovation is encouraged

Cons

Very siloed, limited work/life balance

5. "Good Place to Work Pending Department"

Former Employee - Marketing in Denver, CO

I worked at Prologis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great benefits - Well positioned company

Cons

- Archaic in many ways, could be due to the tenure of most employees, which is good in some ways but there needs to be a more diversified workforce. They are working on this piece. - Work life balance can be poor pending department you work in - Not able to work from home

"Great Company!"

I have been working at Prologis full-time

Pros

I love working for Prologis! They have great benefits, great work life balance, and ability to work from home when needed

Cons

I love working in downtown Denver but if you some reason have to drive to the office, you have to pay for parking

7. "Prologis Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Prologis for less than a year

Pros

Good work/life balance, ability to make own path with project work, decent pay for internship

Cons

Decentralized leadership can make it difficult to communicate with the right people when you need to

Continue reading

"Great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Associate in Amsterdam

I worked at Prologis full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Best company I have worked for; skilled top-management; pleasant work environment; good benefits

Cons

Work/life balance is challenging to manage; could be more open to flexible work hours (it is done but not really tolerated internally)

Continue reading

"Was a great company. Now…?"

I worked at Prologis full-time

Pros

Upward mobility was very possible as it was a growing company and a global leader in its industry. Lots of smart, hard-working people. Decent salaries.

Cons

Too much belief on the part of top management in their infallibility. In some positions, not a whole lot of work-life balance. Not the most progressive company. Have they lost their mojo from a few years ago?

"Administrative Assistant"

I worked at Prologis full-time

Pros

Great company to work for. Fast paced work, entrepreneurial, individual training offered and management team is great. Great pay, bonuses, benefits and 401k.

Cons

Benefits are not the greatest. Work environment and work life balance varies by direct manager.

Found 12 reviews