Protection 1 Employee Reviews about "alarm"

Updated 8 Mar 2018

2.9
Protection 1 CEO Tim Whall
Tim Whall
Pros
  • "My direct manager, time off, employee alarm benefits(in 7 reviews)

• "Good people that do their best to serve the customer and meet company standards(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management loses touch of mid management at times(in 9 reviews)

• "P1 name was then changed and the family atmosphere was drastically changed(in 8 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "alarm"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great CEO"

4.0
    Current Employee - Resolution Specialist in Irving, TX

I have been working at Protection 1 full-time for more than a year

Pros

My direct manager, time off, employee alarm benefits. TIM WHALL IS AWESOME

Cons

Micromanagement, not enough training.

Continue reading
  2. "Great Company to work for if you love challenge"

Former Employee - Data Integrity Representative in Houston, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Protection 1 full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The hours and pay were good from Alarm Security Group. Alarm Security Group was close. ..we worked like family and enjoyed working and spending days with each other. Protection One was not close in my opinion. Everyone competing to keep a job.

Cons

A Company merger brings about obstacles. Micro Management came into affect. Relocation brought about stressful commute. Unnecessary changes just because it was a takeover.

Continue reading

3. "Fire alarm inspector/ installer"

Former Employee - Fire Alarm Technician in San Jose, CA

I worked at Protection 1 full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

11 years of experience on the fire / burglar alarm industries. a little supervision needed. independent with tools.

Cons

works on my break time and sometimes skips it.

"Commercial Rep I"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at Protection 1 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Typical day was responding to alarm activities, dispatching, assuring customer's safety were in tact. Environment was very calm during mornings. Management was helpful, didn't feel intimidated by anyone. The team leaders and command center were always there to guide you when you had questions. Their benefits are great and the break room was pretty cool to relax in. There was always room and opportunities for advancement and a lot of overtime posted to get in those extra hours.

Cons

Breaks of 15 mins flew by fairly quick, and 30 minute lunches felt short at times. The 4 week training taught you the basics but didn't cover everything once you are out on the floor its learn as you go.

5. "1 View Pro and Con"

2.0

I have been working at Protection 1 full-time

Pros

Great concept regarding the alarm verification technology. We are ahead of the curve in technology were, other companies claim to be.

Cons

Its a bad combination of high monthly, outrageous quota, and credit declines. Not geared towards short sales cycle. 100% commission (commercial) in the Charlotte with this type of comp plan is not recommended.

6. "Family-feel company nationwide!"

Current Contractor - Lead Technician in Orem, UT

I have been working at Protection 1 for more than a year

Pros

I have enjoyed my time at Protection 1 thus far. The managment and training have been great. I was promised room for advancement at the beginning and I have been able to do so. Working in the security industry can be difficult. You have to travel and go where the money is. Thankfully they offer travel and mileage pay! They hold an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, so sales reps and technicians are often hired and let go for compliance issues. Other reviews saying they lack proper training structure are incorrect. Not only do they supply online, hands-on and in-field training, but majority of the country requires individuals in the alarm industry to complete a nationally recognized course to gain certification. I have worked at two other home security companies and feel like I was wasting my time prior to being with Protection 1. This has been a great company to work for, offering benefits (health, dental, 401k, vision) and a family feel to the nation's largest full service security provider.

Cons

Traveling for possibly months at a time. This can be physically and mentally taxing on some individuals.

Continue reading
  7. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Manager in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Protection 1 full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Vast variety of platforms for software developments. Great culture and attitude. Everyone here is very friendly and cooperative. The company is # 2 in Alarm Security Company. Working hard to get rank # 1. The management has great attitude.

Cons

Due to limited resources you may land up with multitasking which is not bad at all for a person who is willing to work hard.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.