PruittHealth Admissions Director Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

PruittHealth Admissions Director Reviews

Updated Dec 27, 2016

Found 6 reviews

1.1
PruittHealth CEO Neil Pruitt Jr.
Neil Pruitt Jr.
  1. "Pressure!!!"

Current Employee - Admissions Director in Norcross, GA

I have been working at PruittHealth full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people I have to work with. Theyre the greatest!!

Cons

The crazy policies and the huge amount of pressure. Right now Im panicking the arrival of January first. If our census falls below budget, the people in dietary and housekeeping are going to have to lose a half hour of work/pay each day. Even though I have kept the average census above budget all month long. And if that happens, theyre all going to blame me, even though I tried the best I could. Thats too much... pressure to put on an AD, and it breaks my heart to see my coworkers lose money. Ive asked my administrator how it makes sense that the decision to cut their hours depends only on one day a month and not the average for the month, and she shrugs and says she doesnt understand either.

Advice to Management

I dont know. Figure out some way to help us admissions directors understand how any of that makes sense? That would be a big hellp to at least me.

PruittHealth2016-12-27

"Dissatisfied, Great Coworkers, Unable to Move up in company because of confit with supervisor."

Former Employee - Admissions Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at PruittHealth full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall I loved my job. I loved the people that I worked with. I get calls everyday on how much they miss me at the office and wish I could come back and be apart of the team.

Cons

VP AND Regionals aren't supportive of staff in admissions. I had 3 supervisors to submit to. All had different exceptions. As a result of that I was terminated

Advice to Management

Give your employees opportunities to fix mistakes that they made. Provide ways to settle in house conflicts and hear both sides of the story.

PruittHealth2016-05-18

"Admissions"

Former Employee - Admissions Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at PruittHealth full-time

Pros

Flexibility in this particular position. Sweet residents of the facility.

Cons

Cliquish environment extending all the way up to management. Poor benefits package. No paid holidays. Poor patient care with frequent falls, infections, and unsafe patient mixes. Greedy administrators. CEO is also a greedy, spoiled brat. If you are looking to work at a place that you can be proud of, this is not it. I highly suspect that most if not all of these lengthy positive reviews are being written by... corporate underlings. You have been warned.

Advice to Management

Total overhaul... of everything.

PruittHealth2016-01-18

"PruittHealth"

Current Employee - Admissions Director in South Congaree, SC

I have been working at PruittHealth full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibility, good salary, cheap benefits

Cons

top heavy organization. family owned and operated. has not adjusted well to tremendous growth. Census gets low, ELT gets ugly.

Advice to Management

Create and environment of encouragement and support. Not fear and punishment.

PruittHealth2015-05-29

"My worst nightmare"

Former Employee - Admissions Director in Durham, NC

I worked at PruittHealth full-time for less than a year

Pros

Residents, and a newer facility

Cons

There is a false presentation of care given to residents. The company focuses on the structure instead of focusing on the quality of care given, and giving the staff adequate support to handle the workload.

Advice to Management

I read the reviews before I decided to take a chance on the position in Durham. I figured maybe there was a chance it wasn't as bad as people claimed...I was wrong. This is a warning for all of you that are thinking what I thought. They do not focus on changing the nursing culture there that has rooted them in a reputation for giving poor care in the area, instead they focus on pressuring the marketing groups to... make admissions happen or expect you to take patients that are not appropriate for the facility. Every single person there is literally doing the workload of 2 to 3 people and you are expected to do it all with perfection. I had no real support from my administrator, as a matter of fact he was demeaning, snide, rude, and condescending. May I clarify that I am not a sensitive person that gets hurt feelings regularly. The stress level here literally drives people to drink. the only comradere that happens here is based on the shared misery of all. The poor residents suffer for it. The fact that the CEO of this company is also on the advisory board for long term care to the President is frightening for the future of long term care to say the least. Elder care does not require heavy investments in structure and decor, it requires a genuine concern for their health and happiness...this concept is lost on UHS Pruitt. I honestly don't think anyone is a "good fit" for this company, I think there are some people that will simply deal with the misery and stress until they have another opportunity, or get fired. So for the love of GOD, I beg you...if you thought like I did that you might be able to handle it, don't..just don't...

PruittHealth2014-04-23

"Horrible!!!"

Former Employee - Admissions Director in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at PruittHealth full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Best paying company if all you want in pay. The stress will kill you.

Cons

Awful micromanagement!!! Everybody tells you some different to do but no one earns up to it.

Advice to Management

Give your employees the tools to be efficient in their required jobs,

PruittHealth2013-10-11