Quicken Loans Senior Mortgage Banker Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Found 39 reviews

4.2
Quicken Loans CEO Jay Farner
Jay Farner
  1. "Current Employee Review"

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very rewarding career to impact lives day to day, upbeat environment , hard work is worshipped, every day is kept exciting.

Cons

Ever changing schedule week to week.

Quicken Loans2019-06-04

June 11, 2019Job Board Specialist

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words and the impact you are making every day in our Cleveland office!

"Greatest Decision I’ve Ever Made"

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great work environment - Heavy Compensation - Great training program - Feels like your not even at work - Huge growth opportunity - Promote from within - Learn a lot about sales/finance but also life as well Incredible place to work with great benefits, great compensation, and great people. Everyone is always available to help coach or develop your skill and you can tell they truly care about your development....

Cons

- Hours can be excessive occasionally - Skill set may take longer than you would hope to develop (everyone is different) The hours can be long sometimes but mainly in the beginning. It takes time to develop your skills but once it clicks, it clicks; the hours drop, the pay increases, and it becomes a lot easier. Just need to give it at least a year to reach your full potential!

Advice to Management

Continue doing exactly what you’re your doing! Couldn’t be happier with my director, regional Vice Presidents, and Senior VP. Always there to help, coach, and develop your skill as well as be there for any additional assistance you may need.

Quicken Loans2019-05-04

May 6, 2019Job Board Specialist

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to write this review. We are thrilled of your observations of us here at Quicken Loans and hope to hear more great reviews as we believe others are having a great experience just like yourself.

3. "Great pay and great work environment"

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than a year

Pros

A fast paced environment where you get to help families improve their life with top notch compensation.

Cons

Just like any successful career you must put in work, you work +40 hours and if that can be a shock if you’re not used to that.

Quicken Loans2019-05-02

May 6, 2019Job Board Specialist

Thank you for your review and transparency for our potential candidates. We value the talent and skills that our team members bring to our company and want to strive for the best experience possible.

"QL couldn’t care less about their employees"

Former Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health Benefits; Uncapped commission; that’s really it...

Cons

Some leaders are no help; they care about clients, not employees - You are just a number there. I think they punish promotions because that costs the company more money; you will work 60 hours a week on average. Do not let anyone tell you different.

Advice to Management

Leadership program, if there is one is lacking. If an individual isn’t good MLO, that doesn’t make them a good leader. I don’t know anything about the leadership training, but an emotional intelligence and positive communication course is terribly needed.

Quicken Loans2019-05-31

June 11, 2019Job Board Specialist

We appreciate the time you took to write this review. We are committed to our team members and the time they spend with us so we are disappointed to hear about your experience. We will continue to work on helping our team members grow into the best leaders they can be.

5. "Lots of work, lots of money"

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of money, cool downtown offices

Cons

Stress even when you're not at work

Quicken Loans2019-03-07

April 26, 2019Job Board Specialist

Thank you for your review. We are happy to say that we have meditation available as well as events throughout the year to relieve stress!

• "Mortgage Banker"

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great sales atmosphere for us.

Cons

Parking for is ridiculous and depressing.

Advice to Management

Please manage parking better. Tenured folks should be closer to the building.

Quicken Loans2018-12-14

December 21, 2018Job Board Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are delighted that you love working in sales. We will continue to look at ways of improving parking for our team members.

• "Senior Mortgage Banker"

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture here is unlike anything else I have ever seen or heard about with other companies. It is evident as soon as you walk in that this company takes pride in helping their clients improve their lives and in turn helping their employees become better people and improve their lives as well. You are in charge of your business and control your own success. You have the entire company that is willing to help however...

Cons

You have to be willing to work hard and put in the hours it takes at the beginning to put yourself in a good spot later in life. It will be a grind, but nothing good comes to those who don't work for what they want.

Quicken Loans2018-11-05

May 6, 2019Job Board Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are delighted about your observation of our culture and we will always be committed to our team members experience. We hope to hear more great reviews as we believe others are having a great experience just like yourself!

• "Senior Mortgage Banker"

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere, highly competitive, excellent compensation

Cons

There are no cons. You are compensated by how hard you are willing to work

Quicken Loans2018-11-06

May 6, 2019Job Board Specialist

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you love working here just as much as we do and appreciate your observation of our atmosphere here at Quicken Loans!

• "Great Experience"

Former Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Made a ton of money and met some great people.

Cons

Long hours, frustrating communication with management, constant changes in comp plan, and scheduled weekends.

Advice to Management

It's not 2010 anymore, the market changed so please change with it.

Quicken Loans2018-08-22

August 24, 2018Job Board Specialist

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your honest and candid feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve as we do value the talent and skills our team members bring to our company and we will continue to work on providing the best team member experience possible.

"Former Mortgage Banker Reflects on Time w/ QL"

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Earning Potential (if you can "ignore the noise")

Cons

Work/Life Balance, Being Treated as Dispensable, Being Constantly Talked Down To, Feeling Guilted Into Working Extra Hours, Micro Management, Having To Hold Yourself Accountable for Hitting Team Goals (though there is no financial benefit to doing so)

Advice to Management

Don't use ISMs as excuses to not address real problems. The company tells bankers to be their own business owners, yet they are so meticulously micro managed and unable to ever make their own business decisions. Allow bankers to build their careers outside of just banking if they should so choose. Lastly, your career path to leadership (if one should so have chosen that route) is extremely poor. Plus, many former...

Quicken Loans2018-04-23

April 25, 2018Job Board Specialist

We appreciate your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our team member experience and work/life balance.

Found 39 reviews