Find jobs for Team Leader

Quicken Loans CEO Jay Farner
Jay Farner
  1. "Great company!"

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Wonderful culture and a lot of opportunities for growth

Cons

Does not always have competitive pay

2. "TL"

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great atmosphere, training, ability to grow, ability to move anywhere in the company

Cons

sometimes too fast paced, often feel like overworked and/or underpaid

3. "Great place to be!"

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Inclusive -Fun working environment -Competitive salary -Culture focused -Great vacation time

Cons

It is a large corporation located in downtown, so the parking situation is not ideal.

4. "Strong Culture & Opportunities for Advancement"

Current Employee - Marketing Team Leader in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Culture - QL really works at having a great culture for team members. I love the people I work with. We also do a lot within the city of Detroit - giving back, events, etc. Opportunities for Advancement - I have had the opportunity to grow from an intern to a team leader here. There are many ways to grow in your current role and leadership cares about helping you advance in your career as well.

Cons

Not a con for me, but we are a fast-paced company - you need to be someone that likes to stay busy and be open to change.

"Toxic Technology and Executive Leadership"

1.0

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

All the free slushies totally make up for them paying consistently below market rates. It's so fun when senior leadership ISM's all over your face, but don't worry, they are just "coaching" you. Senior leadership is always right, somehow they never make mistakes, so it's so encouraging working with leadership who can always let you know how their actions were your fault. But this is a positive thing because now I can grow from it.

Cons

The CEO has told all of senior leadership to flat out fire any team leaders who aren't towing the line. Since Peters principal is in full effect there (tons of senior leaders are in positions of power just because of their tenure) we have directors, VPs, and Senior VPs firing team leaders who simply don't least like them. The ISMs sound good on paper, but the real culture inside the company, especially in technology is FAR different. There is a mass Exodus happening in technology right now. Ask recruiters from other companies around Detroit if you don't believe me. Everyone is jumping ship for a reason. Regarding technology, they say that engineers get to make the technical decisions, but that couldn't be forget from the truth. Senior leadership will ALWAYS second guess your decisions and make you feel like your solution is stupid, even if they don't have a better one. I know this sounds crazy, but it's unfortunately true. Their anonymous surveys called "The Outlet" are not anonymous, trust me. They find ways of pinpointing who said what, and they absolutely black ball you for it. Oh yeah, and leadership doesn't actually read them, it's all a ploy to get team members to think there opinion is heard. I've seen it first hand to many times. Doing the job right isn't as important as doing the job fast. They have built up so much technical debt this way, it is incredible. Just don't be the guy left holding the bag when systems go down or it will be all your fault, even though the problem was the decisions that had been made previously by most of those in senior leader roles. Since they are never at fault, guess who is, bingo, you are. And btw, it will be reflected in your review and your bonus. There is so much arrogance there by people who have no context of what an Enterprise solution should look like. They are using the thinking they did when the company was small and trying to apply it to a large Enterprise, and you wonder why there are so many outages. I've literally heard people say multiple times "we are Quicken loans, our way is better than the industry." When clearly those methods cause outages. Speaking of outages, hold on tight, because you will be on them all the time. Day and night. And again, if it's your system that you inherited full of problems, doesn't matter it's all your fault.

"Not Worth the Stress"

2.0
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Detroit, MI
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working from home Working with the best technology

Cons

The culture at QL is horrible. There is an expectation that everyone has the same personality and if you aren't super "bubbly" you are ostracized from the "cool" kids or told you are not a good fit for the team. Demoting of African-American women to promote underqualified staff. Allowing Directors to have multiple DUIs and still maintain employment. It was a complete circus. There is no real chance for advancement, only based on who you know.

Job Board Specialist

We are deeply disappointed to hear about your experience and would like to discuss this further. Please reach out to Lisa@quickenloans.com. Thank you.

7. "Great Company, Sad to Leave."

4.0
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great culture and atmosphere.

Cons

No transparency! (at least on my team)

Job Board Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are delighted about your observation of our culture and atmosphere and we will always be committed to our team members experience. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to look at ways to improve.

8. "Great place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time

Pros

Great environment, and progressive company

Cons

Known to pay on the low end

Job Board Specialist

Thank you for your review. We value our team member experience but understand that there is always room to improve.

"An emotionally abusive place to work... Run! Run! Run!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Team Leader of Sales Compensation in Detroit, MI
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You will respect the co-workers who are in the same boat as you, wading through the crap....

Cons

This place is the most backroom buddy place you will ever work. QL will make you feel amazing one day and then the next blatantly take advantage of you and could care less. 70 hour weeks, Welcome to banking. Rocket Mortgage, the commercials alone speak against the bankers at QL. You will give everything you have to this place, win any contest they come up with and knock every task they assign you it of the park, and some leader will still fire you one day because they don't like your opinion. HR will receive feedback of drug use on the banking floors, nothing done. There are are managers who are working there who have been convicted and accused of ridiculous horrendous things, it's all about who you know. They will take credit for your ideas if you do win a contest and do what they can to separate you from that ideas success, they don't owe you anything and they know it, but they will feed you stories of new companies and amazing game changing ideas. Think I'm lieing, ask anyone there to say the name of a person who came up with an idea, crickets they will at best mention the rocket internet service and the CEO their. Without mentioning the amount of corrupt behind the scenes deals and BS QL and Bedrock participate in on the daily. They will toute diversity and how important it is to them, then give trump $750,000 when he wins the presidency. QL is a front for profit doing everything it can to keep the dirt behind the Vail of secrecy. Emotionally abusive is real, the Up's will never be worth the downs.

Job Board Specialist

We are disappointed to hear about your experience and think it would be helpful to discuss your specific situation further. Please reach out to us at Lisa@quickenloans.com.

10. "Best Working Enviornment in Fintech!"

Current Employee - Operations Team Leader in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Quicken has the best adult working environment you will find in the industry and that's reflected in the numerous awards we've won for best places to work in the country. It's got a similar atmosphere to Google, Apple and other big tech companies that do things outside of the mainstream and focus on building the future and investing in their team members. The benefits are amazing, especially as it relates to insurance and the Fidelity 401K program has some great funds to choose from. Upward mobility is found everywhere at QL due to the fact that they aren't afraid to move you around from position to position, with the focus being that you never become complacent where you are. Flexibility is part of the culture and the ISMS at Quicken and our ISMs are the guiding foundation for how we operate and treat each other.

Cons

Many team members have shared that they would like to see QL match 6% of team member's 401K contribution, as that's standard across the board with big banks. We should be investing in team member's retirements as much as possible and this is also a great way to retain talent.

Job Board Specialist

Thank you for your review! We are overjoyed about your observations of our culture and environment. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to strive for the best team member experiences possible.

Found 31 reviews