Quicken Loans Underwriter Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Found 42 reviews

2.2
Quicken Loans CEO Jay Farner
Jay Farner
  1. "Great culture. Treat employees well. Good perks."

Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans for less than a year

Pros

Office coffee, snacks, weekly team lunches, comfortable chairs, adjustable desks that allow for standing, technology is excellent

Cons

The pay could be better. Long hours at times

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Quicken Loans2019-06-06
  2. "Fast paced environment."

Former Employee - Underwriter in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity for overtime and bonus.

Cons

A diminishing work life balance that was previously prioritized by the company.

Quicken Loans2019-06-04

June 11, 2019Job Board Specialist

Thank you for your review. We are committed to our team member experience and will continue to improve our work-life balance.

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Underwriter in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- great pay - fun atmosphere - opportunity to move laterally

Cons

- change just for the sake of change is tiresome - team leaders seem strung out - guidance is too vague

Quicken Loans2019-04-09

April 26, 2019Job Board Specialist

Thank you for your review. We are overjoyed of your observation of our atmosphere and opportunities here at Quicken Loans. We deeply value our team members and are glad that is being reflected in your experience.

"Don't let them fool you!!"

Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lunch, dinner, snacks, fun work environment!

Cons

long hours, office politics, can fire you for any little thing

Quicken Loans2019-03-17

March 21, 2019Job Board Specialist

We are disappointed to hear that you had a bad experience. We deeply value the talent and skills that our team members bring to our company and we will continue to strive for the best team member experience possible.

"All Downhill"

Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Fun Atmosphere most days -Opportunity's to move up always available -The company does a lot of good for detroit

Cons

-Over the last year became incredibly cut throat, I watched many high level team members get fired for little to no reason it seemed -every day was more and more stressful -Finding any reason to fire quality employees because of over staffing -If you don't live the "culture" you get put into a box -Lots of time wasting events

Quicken Loans2018-11-16

January 11, 2019Job Board Specialist

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere just as much as we do. We value your feedback and will continue to look at ways to improve our team member experience.

• "Great"

Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everything is great at Quicken Loans

Cons

Some management is not the best fit for the role

Quicken Loans2018-11-08

May 6, 2019Job Board Specialist

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and that you recommend others to working with us here at Quicken Loans!

"Enough is Enough"

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Not nearly as many nowadays... standard stuff like healthcare and paid time off are still around... for now.

Cons

Tons of team members have been terminated this year. Some justified, but many not justified in my opinion. Just QL "trimming the fat," now that things have slowed down. SUPER micromanagement is now part of our daily routine at work. Operations use to have a good work life balance, but they've done away with flexibility. We can no longer come and go w/out every little minute being scrutinized. Standard things like dr appointments...

Advice to Management

Consider treating your "team members" like they're part of an actual team. We don't need to be babysat all day/every day and micromanaged. Go back to the way things were before with flexible scheduling around decent core hours. Let employees work from how as they wish, it's the same work and same job getting done either way.

Quicken Loans2018-12-10

December 21, 2018Job Board Specialist

We are deeply disappointed that you have had a bad experience. We understand where you are coming from and think it would be helpful to discuss further. Please reach out to us at Lisa@quickenloans.com.

• "Underwriter"

Current Employee - Underwriter in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than a year

Pros

QL is a great place to work for with a great culture. Allows for a flexible schedule and work from home. Team members and leaders are always there to help you learn and develope. Lots of opportunities available for internal growth. Organization usually promotes within. Good benefits with a 401K

Cons

None that come to mind.

Quicken Loans2018-11-06

May 6, 2019Job Board Specialist

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your opinion on us here at Quicken Loans as we are committed to our team members and working for the best experience possible.

"Very bad energy on the floor as the firings continue"

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I'm still employed... so I guess that's a pro.

Cons

40% of my team has been fired this past year. I understand some were justified, but to say that this is just a coincidence is absurd! The majority of the people that have been fired have been here for anywhere between 5-15 years. Clearly upper management is firing people to cut costs and the change in the mortgage market. They claim that these firings are warranted, but that's not the case, and some of the rationale behind...

Advice to Management

Unfortunately management is well aware of these changes and simply refers to it as part of the company culture now. Upper management use to think outside of the box, but now is the box, and has changed a lot for the worse over this past year.

Quicken Loans2018-11-22

January 11, 2019Job Board Specialist

Thank you for your honesty and feedback. We deeply value our team members and think it would be better to discuss your situation further. Please reach out to us at Lisa@quickenloans.com.

"Limited Career Opportunities with no real growth"

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

40 hour work weeks now – that’s about it.

Cons

I stumbled on this website because I’m actually a current employee for Quicken Loans, and I find myself seeking other career opportunities at this point. I wasn’t going to leave a review, but after seeing some of the “5 Star” reviews, which boast about the company’s “excellent growth opportunities,” and appear to be staged reviews, I felt an obligation to leave an honest review being a long time employee. Firstly, there...

Advice to Management

There’s really no point to leave anything in this section. Jay Farner and Bob Walters could care less about us now. They’re interested in lining their pockets more than anything else at this point, and in another year or two I’m sure pay and benefits will be worse than they are today, as the bottom line and greed continues to influence their decisions… Man do I miss Mike Lyon.

Quicken Loans2018-11-13

January 11, 2019Job Board Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We greatly appreciate your constructive feedback and believe that it would be best if we discuss your specific situation further. Please reach out to us at Lisa@quickenloans.com.

Found 42 reviews