Quietly Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 6 February 2019

4.0
Dario Meli

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "no work life balance"

I worked at Quietly full-time

Pros

- very smart and hard-working team.
    - interesting projects and product
    - great location and office

Cons

- no work-life balance, tight deadlines
    - management does little to support employees, not enough resources
    - no room for growth, pay is below market rate

Advice to Management

Listen to and take care of your employees

2. "Does not care about employees"

I worked at Quietly full-time

Pros

Beautiful office
    Peers are cool

Cons

Senior leadership team does not care about their employees only about clients
    Extremely high turnover, it's a revolving door
    Little to no work/life balance
    Below average pay
    No room for advancement

3. "Infectious Team Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Quietly full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Amazing Team
    - Amazing Location
    - Challenging Work
    - 100% Benefit Coverage
    - 3 Weeks Vacation to Start
    - Stock Options
    - Room for Growth

Cons

- Demanding work hours
    - Lower end of the pay scale

18 Dec 2017 – Operations Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts around salary and work/life balance. This feedback is very valuable and we will consider your thoughts the at the next salary review.

4. "Great team and huge potential for growth"

I worked at Quietly full-time

Pros

- Great company culture
    - Bosses are very accessible and supportive
    - The team is the best
    - Diverse clientele keeps things fresh and interesting
    - Environment encourages autonomy and professional development
    - Huge opportunity to craft your own role

Cons

- The vision for the product is half baked

Advice to Management

- Keep supporting everyone on the team – they'll return the favour by tenfold

5. "Awesome place to work"

Pros

Quietly is an awesome place to work. The work environment is laid-back but effective. The company culture is especially great. There are no office politics and team members collaborate with each other in a cooperative environment.

The Quietly Qrew works like a family, and fosters a high-trust environment. There are often team outings and events; you will never be bored at Quietly. The people are fantastic and the leadership is accessible. Each team member is valued, no matter what their job title is.

Cons

Long-term goals sometimes blurry, but leadership is working to address this

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

"Fantastic people and great location!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Quietly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are fun to work with and everyone's opinions are very much valued. The team is often rewarded with fun events, drinks, or food. Management has a great vision. It is a place that I miss.

Cons

At first the office wasn't the most spacious but then Quietly moved to a 3 level/2 balcony office that is one of the best I've seen in the Gastown area of Vancouver. So not really a con :)

Advice to Management

You made one mistake in hiring someone who was an angry person (2 years ago) and who constantly was a negative influence until he left (about 1.5 years ago). Everything has been awesome after that so please take that experience and continue to hire the amazing people that have been gracing the office of Quietly ever since :D

18 Dec 2017 – Operations Manager

Thank you for the advice! We constantly strive to take our time and ensure we are hiring the right fit.

"Couldn't Imagine Working Anywhere else"

I have been working at Quietly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're the type of person that seeks out opportunities to learn and contribute to something greater, Quietly is an ideal company to work with. Management is dedicated to making sure the entire team is successful, and is consistently on the lookout for opportunities for employees' personal and professional development.

The team and culture are phenomenal—the environment is extremely supportive and team-oriented, and everyone strives to make the company better.

If that wasn't enough, the office is comfortable, modern, and has a rooftop patio. What's not to love?!

Cons

With any company striving to achieve massive growth, there is a consistent expectation for employees to go above and beyond. For some (including myself), this is more of a positive, but if you're looking for a comfortable 9-5 job with a simple, consistent work flow, this would not be the company for you.

"Great Work Environment"

I have been working at Quietly full-time

Pros

I am amazed by the work environment, culture and the office space. Everyone has the room and opportunity to grow, if that is what you are looking for in a job. All of our work is validated and appreciated, which gives a job satisfaction. Co-workers are amazing and caring. The team is supportive and flexible.

To top it all, we have an amazing view of the waterfront from our roof top, which makes a great relaxing place to sit and work in the summer.

Cons

Quietly is a start-up and growing fast, so of course lots of challenges to face in everyone's position and everyone is expected to act fast. This may not suit for some people.
    Quietly may not have the foosball or ping pong table now as everyone would expect in a start-up, but those may get added to the culture in the future.

"The best!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Quietly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The mentorship and support I've received here is unparalleled. Not only does the executive team place huge trust in their team, they also take the time to foster each of our personal careers. They've created a supportive, stimulating, flexible work environment where you're free to explore new ideas, contribute to the company's development, challenge each other, work with top clients and developers, and be engaged with your community.

Cons

It's important to know what you're signing up for when you join a quickly growing company in an industry that's still developing—things change quickly, which requires constant adaptability and flexibility. This isn't for everyone, but if this is the environment you like, you'll thrive here.

10. "Positive & safe working environment for personal/professional growth, Diverse team, Goal- and progress-driven"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Quietly full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Forgiveness > Permission. Fosters and promotes a culture of being open to fail, take risks, and learn fast rather than letting those things hinder growth and progress.
    - Opportunity for role to evolve horizontally, allowing numerous opportunities for a breadth of applied work experience.
    - With a lean company, each individual's opinions is highly valued by the larger group.
    - Phenomenal support system (not just from senior management but from the greater team), generous with coaching, mentorship and advisory across the company.
    - Does an excellent job at celebrating personal, team, and company wins keeping the morale high and overall attitude positive.
    - High trust environment seamlessly allows for telecommuting and working remotely.

Cons

- Moving at a fast pace is required for hypergrowth in startup environment. You need to be comfortable with context switching, relentless prioritization, and being flexible.
    - Lean team requires you to wear a lot of hats. You need to be open to and comfortable with being a jack of many trades to specialize in your role but also to flex and support the rest of the team. Acquiring new skill sets will benefit you in the long run.
    - Open concept headquarters naturally makes you susceptible to getting distracted. You need to be laser focused to thrive in this environment.

Advice to Management

- Continue reinforcing and conveying the company vision and mission to remind ourselves of the heart of the hustle.
    - Continue keeping the company up to date with business development and the health of the company.

18 Dec 2017 – Operations Manager

Thank you for the advice. We have taken this to heart and begin every town hall meeting with our mission statement. We are also completely transparent with our team and constantly reveal how we are... More