RSI Employee Reviews about "rsi"

Updated 22 Oct 2020

3.3
RSI President  Chris Barlow
Chris Barlow
Pros
  • "RSI always treated me well, from the first day I was surprised at how much autonomy and respect my supervisor gave me(in 17 reviews)

• "For strong minded, hard working individuals, this is where you want to start your career(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some of the technology that RSI uses is kind of old (for example we were still using Embarcadero in 2018)(in 15 reviews)

• "The biggest con is work-life balance(in 14 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "rsi"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "review headline"

5.0
    Current Intern - Associate Consultant

I have been working at RSI

Pros

Nice to work at RSI

Cons

No cons at the moment

November 30, 2020Recruiting Manager

Thank you for sharing your review. I hope you update your review in the future as you learn more in your internship and possibly even consider joining RSI as a full time employee at the end of your internship.

"Trash"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at RSI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Consulting experience - Some nice coworkers depending on location

Cons

- Corporate will lie to get their way and trick you at all corners to push RSI agenda - Burnout, stress, anxiety, frustration, lackluster ethics - No compensation for overtime and not enough base salary for quantity of work - Really heavy disparity in both treatment and salary between consulting employees - A lot of employees ride coattails and are rewarded for sucking up - More likely to get promoted if you go drinking and playing golf with managers - who cares about actual work - If you're not dedicated enough to be at RSI unless you're putting in over 60-70 hrs a week - Don't expect any difference in work and treatment if your project is large or small - People are only looking out for themselves in the end, don't trust anyone - HR and executives only ever care about the company, don't expect them to truly listen or help you out - Project managers and direct managers will try to help but will get rejected by corporate - Employees working out of the Solution Center and Implementation Center are clearly treated better - Older technology, try to work with a bit more modern solutions - Always remember you're just another cog in the system and can be easily replaced - Don't expect any proper training; unless you have a dedicated background you're going into testing

Continue reading

"Don't let this company and the reviews fool you"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at RSI full-time

Pros

The experience that you gain is the only 'Pro'. And that's being generous

Cons

This section isn't big enough for all the Cons that this company presents. Quoting a former high-ranking management employee, "We don't care about the burn and churn. We can lose people and we'll just hire more fresh college grads." RSI prefers to lose their experienced employees rather than fight for them to stay, 1 year or 10 year tenure, it doesn't matter. On-site employees, who live at the project location, are thrown to the cesspit. There is zero equality within the company consulting tree. If you are a traveler, remote worker, or based out of a HQ location, your life is infinitely better and it shows it's all a joke. Promotions, raises, and bonuses are clearly misleading and barely existent. They say 2 years is the minimum to get promoted through each tier but it's evident that other individuals get promoted with half the time and half the experience. And unless you brown-nose you will slave away and ultimately get a cold shoulder when expecting compensation. There's so much more to go on but I don't care anymore at this point. Honestly, this is a waste of time writing this post and they should be thankful that people care just enough to put Glassdoor reviews. Half the company is two-faced and will trash you behind your back. Sure the CEO will read reviews but it doesn't mean anything. You can provide advice but it goes nowhere, even if you work for the company. People are so blind to most of these facts it hurts. Don't work for this company if you value your time, life, freedom, and dignity.

September 20, 2019President/CEO

You mentioned in your anonymous review that you worked for RSI for less than a year. As such, you may not have had the opportunity to fully experience how we recognize, reward, and promote our employees in our formal review process in that short time period that you worked with us. We have had quite a year to celebrate successes on our projects and I expect that you contributed to those successes just like all our employees. These successes are aspects of our daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly efforts and encompass recognition that ranges from informal to formal recognition of individual contributions to our success. Our employees contribute to our success because of the experience they bring and their commitment to our clients. Training opportunities, both formal and informal, reflect our culture of learning and is an important aspect of our company that we see as critical to our success. It seems from your review that you may not have taken the opportunity to express your ideas, concerns, or solutions to me, a member of our senior leadership team, your direct supervisor, a member of the extended leadership team, or some of our champions throughout the company. We do agree with you that we have hard working employees.

"Great company to work for but pace of work can be slow"

4.0
    Former Employee - Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at RSI full-time for more than a year

Pros

I only worked at one site and for one client (State of Indiana, in Indianapolis) and only ever had 1 supervisor, so take that into consideration for this review. RSI always treated me well, from the first day I was surprised at how much autonomy and respect my supervisor gave me. Taking time off for being sick or for PTO was never an issue. RSI offers full benefits (medical/dental/vision benefits, PTO, 401k). I got along well with all of my coworkers and I felt that it was a pretty chill place to work. All of my coworkers were very intelligent so there was always something to learn from each other. The whole company only has about 300 employees, so you get to know everyone pretty easily, including HR people and upper management/executives. The salaries were decent, Indianapolis has a low cost of living so that really helped. In the 2 years I worked there I got 2 raises that totaled $11k. I started at 62k and left at 73k. I honestly learned a lot working here and I am grateful for my time spent working for RSI. They take care of you well (for example, you get $100 for a birthday dinner every year). Definitely a great option for someone fresh out of school especially if you have a degree in mathematics (a solid 50% of the coworkers I had had been math majors). I felt that advancement in the company was definitely achievable if you're willing to stick it out for a few years. They do acknowledge talent and accomplishment.

Cons

Working with the client was hit-or-miss. There was one employee in particular who was (on a professional level) incompetent, sloppy and lazy and (on a personal level) creepy and weird. I had to work with him pretty closely and I was always terrible at customer service so that was challenging for me, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger I guess. You definitely need to be good at customer service and schmoozing with "the client" who are in charge of signing your company to multi-million-dollar-contracts, and that was not my strength (this was a reason why I didn't want to be a "consultant" for much longer). Also Indianapolis is rather boring, it's cheap but all of my co-workers would take every chance they could to run away or even just move to Chicago (about a 3 hour drive away). State governments tend to run slowly and everything takes forever. So there was a lot of downtime and I eventually felt bored and unchallenged (compounded by the fact that Indianapolis is a boring place without much going for it, other than low cost of living and cheap houses). This was not due to any fault of RSI's, it's just the nature of being a government contractor I guess. Some of the technology that RSI uses is kind of old (for example we were still using Embarcadero in 2018). Also since most of the employees are really smart but don't necessarily have a lot of formal training in writing code (PL/SQL), some of the code base was kind of messy -- it works, but it's not elegant and not the best solution.

"Brainless Management"

Current Contractor - Software Engineer in Providence, RI

I have been working at RSI for more than 5 years

Pros

Good work environment and no pressurized work and good staff in both in onshore and offshore

Cons

The main problem with new management like short period notices and no proper product development route map and the high level management never and ever had been tried to see the new skills and knowledge of the juniors, i can literally say that in RSI there will be no longer growth in product development and in the business better sell the product rights to someone may be that will help the Revenue Premier existence in the market. One thing I didn't understood already some of the employees are in buffer like working under some clients like Indiana, Philly and SK. If Revenue premier project need more employees you guys can pick from this candidates right why we need to hire new employees and giving them 30 to 40 percent hikes literally management is doing waste of money and time.

Continue reading

"Some Opportunities, but No Work-Life Balance"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Roseville, CA

I worked at RSI full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

1) This is a good place to start for new grads (which I did). It can be hard to find employers who will hire new grads with little or no job experience. RSI does this a lot. There is some training available, dependent very much on which manager and team leads you end up working with. Compensation for new grads is better than average, in my experience. Do expect to be a self-starter and be proactive about solving problems and getting your work done. If you are willing to step up, be professional and responsible, work hard and get the job done, this can be a good place to start off your career. 2) I always felt very fairly compensated for my work. Many people complained that compensation was low, but I just never felt that way. I suspect the complainers were comparing to silicone valley or ‘average’ California salaries, which does not take into account the actual cost of living in the Sacramento area. I was always satisfied with my pay, benefits, bonuses, and raises. 3) The employees are all hard-working, talented, and want to do a good job. In general, there’s not much of a social scene, so if you’re looking for a job where you’ll meet people that you hang out with after work, there’s not a lot of that going on (at least in the office where I worked - that could be different at other locations). But the people are generally friendly and pleasant to work with. 4) RSI can be a very good place if you want flexibility in your career. The HR staff is committed to fitting people with talent into the roles where that talent can be utilized. Internal promotions and transitions are welcomed, so if you see a job opening in the company that you’d rather be doing than your current job, the transition may be very fast and easy. There are also opportunities in locations across the USA, so if you have a desire to relocate and still want to keep your job, that may well be possible.

Cons

1) The biggest con is work-life balance. Quite frankly, I’m not sure that upper management realizes how bad it is. There’s a lot of corporate talk about positive work-life balance, and maybe it’s fine at the Pembroke office, but most other locations it’s pretty bad. Over the years that I worked for RSI, I saw the work-life balance really deteriorate. It used to be that you’d have crunch times - working 60 hrs a week or more to get the job done - and then you’d have down times in between where you could recover, go home at 5pm, schedule your doctor’s appointments, and even take some extra days off. Over time it just got worse and worse until it was basically perpetual crunch-time for years on end. In my experience, the average condition is overworked and burnt-out for any RSI employees that have been there more than a year or so. I actually had one of my managers say this to me: “You won’t want to work here anymore when you have a family. This is not a family-friendly place to work. I have to justify to my boss when I am NOT available on Saturday. I have to apologize and let him know in advance that I’m not available on the weekend because it’s my son’s birthday. It’s expected that I will work every weekend, unless there is some extenuating circumstance.” 2) Hard work is under-appreciated. The reviews that say ‘suck it up, buttercup’, are exactly on-point. Now, I understand you have to do what it takes to get the job done. That is life. That is called “having a job”. I was often one of the longer-working employees in the office. Delivering results is important to me, and many times I even under-reported my hours, due to pressure to “get the job done faster”. I never missed a deadline. I worked hard and I got the job done. If you don’t, you won’t last long at RSI. But then again, you probably won’t last long anywhere IMO, so I don’t necessarily see that as a problem. But I will also add that there is little recognition or appreciation for the hard work that most employees are doing every day. In a company where everyone works 50-60 hours a week, you can only stand out as an ‘exceptional’ employee if you work 100 hours a week, which is pretty ridiculous. While I can’t say that I got nothing for all my work - I received positive annual reviews, got promoted, and received raises and bonuses - but there was little or nothing on a day-to-day basis in appreciation or recognition of any of the work that I did. I received little thanks and almost no other recognition or appreciation. If you are the sort of person who needs external feedback to let you know that you’re doing a good job, this is not the place for you (unless you are fortunate enough to get placed under one of the 2 or 3 truly excellent managers in the company - but the odds are not good). 3) For a technology company, what they are providing is fairly behind-the-times. Do not expect to work on any late-breaking or cutting-edge technology here. Part of this is to be expected, because of the client-base that RSI is serving. These type of clients are never going to be able to handle cutting-edge technology, so you have to reach them where they’re at. And because these clients are often very slow to accept and adopt change, that puts RSI at a disadvantage in technology, because they are limited by what their clients will actually purchase. I do believe that RSI and its management would like to innovate, but in my experience, that innovation is very slow in coming. I’ve always suspected that because RSI’s clients are so bureaucratic and slow, that RSI sees itself as fast-paced and forward-thinking by comparison. By comparison to their clients - RSI moves at the speed of light! By comparison to other technology companies, however, progress and innovation are slow in coming. In technology decisions and planning, RSI is often directed by (and limited to) client requests, rather than forward-thinking ideas about what will actually make a better, more stable, more usable, more maintainable product overall. In my experience, employees who are most passionate about change, innovation, and long-term technology improvement often get frustrated by their inability to effect change or make any headway, and often end of leaving within 2 years. In the technical realm, I do think that staying at RSI for so long was a detriment to me in my career. It was difficult to find other jobs I was qualified for, since I had little or not experience in the technologies that most other companies are using.

March 5, 2019President/CEO

Thank you for making time in your day to write such an extensive review of working at RSI and thank you for your 10 years of contributing to our success and the success of our clients. You have provided an overview of working at RSI that many of our employees do experience, from starting your career on our team as a new college graduate, to joining other great employees who are self-starters and proactive about solving problems, and then contributing to developing solutions and implementing our solutions for our customers. We have some exciting recent developments as we focus on innovation (one of our recently defined core values, discussed below) and look forward to sharing those ongoing developments with our employees with our clients. We have refocused our commitment to our Core Values of customer commitment, caring about people, integrity, responsibility, and innovation. As a company, we are embedding these values in our everyday lives as well as in our individual goals. You bring up valid points, including items that RSI’s newly formed PMO team is working on improving, including establishing more accurate project plan estimates, as well as taking into account feedback from our teams. We acknowledge little things make a difference and RSI is working on expanding our mentoring and training capabilities to provide support to not only the middle managers, but everyone at RSI. RSI’s HR team is defining a “360 degree” feedback mechanism for all employees, especially managers, to gain the insights you suggest. Finally, I believe the “work-life balance” is something that will recalibrate once RSI implements some of the changes mentioned above. I thank you for your many years of contributions to RSI projects and success and wish you the best in your new role.

"A psychological thriller with the substance of a Michael Bay movie - 1/5"

Former Employee - IT Consultant

I worked at RSI full-time for more than a year

Pros

-RSI can be accommodating of personal issues in terms of relocation, emergencies, etc. -Decent benefits and compensation (especially as an entry level job)

Cons

-No work/life balance when approaching Go-Live dates in certain projects (i.e. Weekend work and 12+ hour days are the norm) -Employees are treated horribly and seem to be taken advantage of at every corner -Everyone is miserable -The product is extremely long in the tooth and is hindering this company in every conceivable measure -Management is atrocious -Over-promising from Managers causes a domino effect of failure -The culture is comprised of pointing fingers and trying to push as much work as possible on the less skilled employees -Training for certain roles is hard to come by and other employees have too much work to assist those who are struggling -A not so bright future ahead as RSI has not seen a successful bid in quite some time and most of their current projects are struggling

November 8, 2018President

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding the time you spent contributing to our projects and implementing solutions for our clients. While you were one of our team members, I hope you took advantage of the opportunities that exist at RSI for you to share your concerns and suggestions. RSI agrees that innovation is important, in fact it is one of our core values and we now have a Senior Leadership member (a VP) in charge of it! In recent months we’ve greatly expanded the opportunities for team members to get involved in innovation-oriented initiatives and we expect that pace of innovation to continue to increase moving forward. Through our innovation lab we now have working prototypes of several new innovative ideas! We also agree with you that our employees are a critical part of the service we provide to our clients and we work in team-based environment where everyone is responsible for their work and career progression. We wish you the best in your next career role.

"You Should Expect A Work Life Balance - Not Here"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at RSI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people you physically work with day in and day out on a project tend to be excellent. They are the reason why the company is still in business in spite of its poor management. You also have a lot of autonomy to do your job. Just don't expect realistic time frames.

Cons

I have been away from RSI for a number of years now, but have been curiously tracking their reviews. Even though reviews skew really positive or really negative, the content shows that what I experienced is not far from what is currently happening. If you decide to join RSI, don't expect a work life balance. You will have non technical managers setting expectations with non technical clients. So the project that should take 75 hours will be expected to be complete in 5 working days. And even if you are given 2 months to complete a project, at the start, expect a month of that to be taken away a week or so later. These are what happened to me. I also saw this happening to others. I find it interesting that the positive review says to "suck it up buttercup". Meaning if you expect a life outside of work, then you are a weakling. That mentality does not surprise me from those who like working there. I remember working 60 to 80 hour weeks that include weekends with no benefit to me. And this would go for months (don't let the spin of "this is only very rare" fool you). So I was donating half to a full week every week to a company, because their management made unrealistic expectations. When I was there, they were just implementing a new career path stratgey. I am not sure how successful that was or if it was more smoke and mirrors. Management has a tendency to promise something and then conveniently forget to actually do it. Fortunately there are more sane companies out there to work for.

November 8, 2018President

You mentioned that you have not worked with us for several years now and in our continual effort to improve processes, develop products, and provide ever increasingly stronger service to our clients, we have made some adjustments internally. Some of these changes have been implemented, and like any organization focused on the future, there are more changes yet to be implemented. Our employees are one of the many great aspects of why clients partner with RSI. As a company we make commitments. To our customers and to each other and sometimes those commitments require extra effort. Last year, (2017) the average hours worked per week for the Consulting services group (delivery) was 43. YTD 2018 is the same. Those statistics aren’t considered “death marches” in the consulting industry. That’s not to say that certain people on certain projects aren’t working more. They are. And going the extra mile to meet our commitments to our customers is apprecitated. The aforementioned improvements revolve around better planning, scope control, inclusion and communication to avoid unnecessary work/life imbalance. Poor planning, estimation and scope control obviously create churn, inefficiencies, are costly and don’t help either RSI or our customers. If people are working extra because of these items, that’s unacceptable. As several large projects transition from implementation to ongoing operations, and as we start up new large implementation projects, we expect to apply many lessons learned and minimize unnecessary heroics to getting the job done. I suspect we’re all in agreement there!

"Ancient Tech and Bad Management Make RSI a Stressful Mess"

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Providence, RI

I worked at RSI full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are definitely a few key pros to working at RSI, especially as a new college grad. However, I'm not sure the pros outweigh the cons. 1) Some technical experience will carry over to other jobs RSI doesn't have a very selective hiring process. A large portion of their entry-level hires major in Business Information Systems and other similar degrees. There are very few Computer Science grads. However, no matter what your major is, RSI will probably place you in a role that requires you to learn something technical. You will have the opportunity to learn SQL and basic object oriented programming principles on the job, which can be used to pursue other job opportunities. However, I will be extremely clear that this technical experience WILL NOT set you up to work for the big tech companies (think big 4). If you're smart and you're looking for more of a Technical Business Analyst or Technical Project Manager role, your experience at RSI may be beneficial. 2) If you stand out, you will be given responsibility If you act professionally, learn quickly, get your job done, and occasionally work overtime when needed, you will be given a lot of responsibility. This is a double-edged sword, as you will gain valuable experience and may even find yourself managing a small team with less than 2 years of professional work experience to your name, but you will also receive a workload that is probably too much for one person, and you will most likely be asked to work overtime. 3) Most people were nice There were only a handful of people that I interacted with (or heard stories about) at RSI that were "bad" people. Most people were nice, especially the core of entry-level employees who would grab lunch together. RSI is definitely not a "dog-eat-dog do anything to get to the top" work environment, though it definitely has its downsides that I will touch on later.

Cons

There are some major issues at RSI that I think every potential hire should be aware of before making a decision to join the company. 1) Ancient technology The tech world is so exciting right now, and RSI is taking no part in it, instead electing to build software using outdated methodologies (if you can even classify their processes as methodologies) and old, abandoned technology. RSI builds their software using a Java/C# layer and a "Business Rules" layer that sits on top of that. The "Business Rules" layer is written in FICO Blaze Business Rules Engine. Here is an except from FICO's website: "FICO® Blaze Advisor® is the world's leading decision rules management system, maximizing control, agility and actionability to optimize high-volume operational decisions. Blaze Advisor transforms the entire process for developing, deploying and maintaining rules-based decision applications." I will assure you that everything in that excerpt is the complete opposite in the reality of development at RSI. If you're a Computer Science major, minor, or have any sliver of self-respect when it comes to technology, you want to stay AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE from FICO Blaze Business Rules engine. RSI has been using this forever and shows no signs of stopping, even though there are dozens of ways they could develop a better, faster, and overall more polished product if they ditched FICO Blaze and stepped into the 21st century. The FICO Blaze Advisor IDE (which you have to use) is slow, crashes all the time, and every time you install a Windows update it breaks and you have to go through a painstaking reinstall process. In addition, the small subsection of "developers" that use FICO Blaze are not active at all online (think Stackoverflow), so when you run into issues you legitimately CANNOT use Google to troubleshoot, leaving you banging your head against your desk for hours on end. RSI's commitment to using FICO Blaze sums up it's stance on modern development standards and seriously hinders its ability to deliver a modern, polished product. If you work for RSI, there is about a 50% chance you will have to have daily interactions with FICO Blaze Business Rules engine. 2) Sacrificed work-life balance and workplace stress is common due to questionable project management decisions Full disclosure, I worked in only one of RSI's offices during my time with the company. RSI has multiple offices all over the US at client sites. They have one specific office that functions as a "development hub" where a small group of employees work remotely on multiple projects at once; this is the office that I worked at. This following point applies to my experience and perception of coworkers experiences at that office, supporting multiple projects at once. No matter how many or how few projects RSI currently has, it always feels like you're trying to scoop water out of a flooding bathtub using a ladle with holes in it. There always seems to be more work than possible given the number of employees working on each project. 75% of the time, management is breathing down your neck to ask for ticket status, and when your realistic time estimate doesn't align with what they think is an acceptable answer, they will push you to work overtime (nights and even weekends if necessary). This behavior is to be expected every once in a while, especially when project deadlines are approaching and the client is getting antsy. However, if this happens constantly during the SDLC and over and over again on each and every project, there's an obvious problem with project managers and upper-level employees giving unreachable project estimates. No employee wants to be under pressure 100% of the time to hit obviously unrealistic deadlines that lead to a horrible work-life balance and extreme stress in the workplace. In addition, RSI is pushing employees to do whatever they can to push out anything necessary to get tickets off their name, which leads the employee to sacrifice quality in order to avoid working until 9 p.m. Management needs to do better in estimating project timelines 3) Every employee is given the job title "Consultant" RSI is technically a consulting agency and therefore all their employees are technically consultants. However, most RSI employees fall into one of the following buckets: Software Developers, DevOps Engineers, Database Administrators/Developers, Business Analysts, and Project Managers. Now, if you Google each of these titles and look at their average salaries you will see that they vary from role to role, as one would expect. However, it is my opinion that RSI lumps everyone into a single "Consultant" bucket in order to avoid paying that salaries that more technical roles usually demand. If you daily responsibilities include checking in code changes, investigating complex software issues, and reviewing junior employees' spaghetti code, you should probably be called a Software Engineer and paid as one, just as if you meet with stakeholders, draft user stories, and complete acceptance testing you should be called a Business Analyst and paid as a Business Analyst, but that is simply not the case at RSI. In addition, when you move on from RSI, you have the added challenge of explaining what your duties as a "Consultant" were, since most hiring managers will be confused as to why your job title doesn't match your experience. 4) The source code is kept hidden from 90% of employees This is one of the more bizarre ones. As a developer at RSI, you often run into issues in your Blaze Business Rules code that requires you to understand what's happening one layer under, in the Java/C#. As a developer at most companies, after some digging through repos it becomes obvious (or at least you have some idea) as to where the issue is. That is not the reality of being a developer at RSI. Because the product source code is inexplicably hidden from most developers, you need to organize a meeting with someone at the West Coast office in order to troubleshoot your issue. This process wastes so much time and is extremely anti-agile. Just let developers read the code. 5) When someone leaves the company, their work is just lumped on their teammate I've witnessed coworkers' work loads increase 1.5-3x, with no pay increase, because someone on the team quit. Management makes little or no effort to bring in new employees to fill the gaps created by those who left, and the loyal employees suffer because of it, often creating a domino effect of people leaving and lumping their work on the next person. 6) Bad requirements lead to bad development and wasted time I have witnessed countless times in which a developer will complete work based on business requirements that passed down from a BA or manager that fails acceptance testing by the client who then come back with requests that deviate from the original requirements. This is definitely the norm and not the exception at RSI. While it is fine to have and to react to changing requirements, RSI definitely wastes a lot of valuable time in this back-and-forth game between developers, BAs, and clients. As a developer, you can only do what you are told to do in your tickets, and it doesn't feel great when you constantly have to revisit tickets that failed acceptance due to either mismanagement on the BAs side, or uncertainty from the client. RSI needs to do better in this regard in order to keep developers' sanity and to reduce waste from inefficient processes.

August 20, 2018President

Thank you for making the time to share some comments about the time you contributed to our projects and worked with our teams. Recent college graduates, as well as experienced professionals, bring the variety of their skills to RSI where they can grow their skills, gain experience in the taxation and revenue arena, and successfully implement our solutions for our clients. Our employees have a variety of educational backgrounds that include Computer Science and Computer Information Systems, but our team members also have educational backgrounds in other areas including Physics, Economics, and Mathematics. We welcome people to our team who are creative thinkers and complex problem solvers who strive to solve those problems for our clients and work to find non-compliant taxpayers, streamline tax processing, and make valuable changes possible. Our successful employees are given increasing responsibilities as their skills improve and their contributions to our success are recognized. We work in a team environment and agree with you that our employees are nice, we would even say great, to work with and grab lunch with sometime. We do exist in a world of ever-changing technology. Our clients require proven solutions and we fulfill those requirements with our solutions. Some of our employees in the Solution Center investigate how we can incorporate new technologies and increase the quality of our solutions. If this was an area you were interested in while you worked with us, I hope you would have taken the opportunity to investigate how you may have helped increased the quality of our solutions for our clients. While you were an RSI employee, I also hope that you shared your experience with balancing requirements and priorities with your team’s leadership as our Implementation Center does support a variety of projects. We do have a difference in job titles and job responsibilities and I am sure you researched how your career path at RSI could have progressed according to our Flex Track system as well as the requirements to progress through those different levels to have the associated pay scale. We do have complex solutions and working with team members across locations, projects, and time zones often occurs. We strive for efficient operations while meeting our client’s expectations and while you were one of our team members, I hope that you found a way to address some of the areas you felt could use improvements. We are sure you will continue to share how to improve processes and help your team accomplish their goals at your new company, just as you did at RSI.

"Company in chaos"

1.0

I have been working at RSI full-time

Pros

Salary is competitive and some colleagues are freindly

Cons

Product is a mess. It is band aid after band aid and the product team does not care about the clients. Upgrades are a 4 month job. Company says that a department of revenue can take over the maintenance of the product but that never happens as the product is so complicated to use and errors out constantly that RSI ends up staying there forever.

June 20, 2018President

The business of tax administration is complex and constantly changing; and, consequently, the supporting integrated tax systems are large, intricate and evolving. RSI’s Revenue Premier ™ Integrated Tax module is in production in 6 tax jurisdictions supporting thousands of individual and business taxpayers as well as thousands of agency personnel daily. At two of those, the customers perform system Operations and Maintenance. Other Revenue Premier modules or components are in production at over thirty more revenue agencies supporting millions of transactions and thousands more users. Most of these installations do not have RSI staff on-site. Revenue Premier ™ enables system adaptability through a business rules engine, codes files, forms definition, notice templates, caseflow and more centralized areas to allow for annual, legislative, policy and processing changes. Our goal for Revenue Premier™ was to provide a configurable solution to offer our revenue agency customers the choice to maintain the solution themselves or outsource the maintenance. Since our revenue agency customers vary and range in the number, expertise and experience with their IT personnel, the choice often reflects their internal capabilities. In some cases, their goal is to take control of operations and maintenance. Other agencies choose outsourcing as an alternative as they find it difficult to recruit, hire and retain the needed IT expertise across the varying technologies, a 24 x 7 taxpayer portal, onerous security requirements and the demand for system functionality. Others select a hybrid of internal and external support. RSI works openly with agency management, from their initial decision to buy a COTS ITS (because they could not cost effectively build or maintain one internally with their IT teams that met their needs) through the implementation, operations and maintenance phases. With respect to upgrades, it is important to test the solution, in particular, on-site configurations and interfaces so it does take time to properly ensure these complex systems are working. As to our solution center professionals, they support all of customers while balancing the need for stability, core vs custom product decisions, support and security in the product. Lastly, recent organizational changes at RSI are intended to solve/minimize your concerns. We recently reorganized the once separate divisions into a single customer engagement focus with a sole Senior Vice President to ensure better alignment of all employees with our customers’ needs. Also note that Consulting feedback is better included with all release decisions. You may consider speaking with an ELT member so your ideas are heard and included in the product, documentation or training to better serve our customers.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 English Reviews