Ramsey Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 31 Mar 2020

3.4
Ramsey Solutions CEO David L. Ramsey
David L. Ramsey
Pros
  • "Then there's the Christmas party(in 21 reviews)

• "The leadership invests a lot in their team members both professionally and personally(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company has grown significantly in the last couple of years, and with that growth comes some growing pains(in 13 reviews)

• "Health insurance can be expensive(in 8 reviews)

"Walking the Talk"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Thompsons Station, TN

I have been working at Ramsey Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Real values, strong culture, passionate engagement in the marketplace, on mission, bold leadership, extreme communication

Cons

They are moving in a very specific direction. If you aren't trying to go the same way you will be left behind. That is why you see so many negative reviews for such a great company. They wanted to be carried by their leaders or they don't believe in the purpose of the company so the level of effort does not make sense.

Ramsey Solutions2020-03-30
  2. "Culture is Everything"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Ramsey Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Motivating and empowering work environment, great salary and benefits, employee cafeteria, up-to-date technology, open communication

Cons

Growing pains as the company gets bigger, no remote work options

Ramsey Solutions2020-03-19

"I desperately wanted to work at the company that lived out these core values"

Former Employee - Web Developer
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Ramsey Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My sub-team and its leadership were fantastic. I developed lasting relationships with the people I worked alongside day-to-day. Beyond my own team, I learned so much from working with a group of developers that valued doing things with excellence and who understood the impact that each line of code could have on the people we were trying to help. I believed in the mission of the organization and was excited to play a role in giving people hope.

Cons

Ramsey Solutions prizes its set of core values. They were printed on the back wall of the conference room and throughout the building for the team to see each day. They have been displayed at events where the company teaches business leaders how they should lead their own companies. Over time, however, I saw a drift away from these values in some of the decisions being made by leadership. On a regular basis, a core value would be presented during the weekly team meeting. The "Crusade" talk would typically conclude with a rousing appeal to the team: if you're not still on this crusade -- if your heart has left the building -- you should take your body with it. I dreaded that particular talk. I firmly believed in what we were doing and I desperately wanted to work at the company that lived out those core values, but I knew that I was eventually going to have to decide whether I believed the company still held to those core values. I believe that the "No Gossip" core value played a large role in this cultural and moral drift. In the beginning, I do believe that taking gossip very seriously led to a healthier workplace environment. However, as the company grew, I believe that it served to make it difficult for individuals to express concerns or criticism about the company's direction and choices. Expressing such concern to a peer could be interpreted as gossip. Expressing it to a leader was the only acceptable option, but if that leader didn't have the authority to solve the problem themselves, their only recourse was to, in turn, tell their own leader. Every team member submitted a weekly report that included their personal highs and lows for the week. They might, therefore, include their concerns there, however, on at least one occasion, my team was told to be careful to not include anything negative in our weekly reports that we had not already discussed with our leader so as to not harm our own reputations. Several years ago, Ramsey Solutions did not win best place to work for the first time in several years. The following year, a board member stood in front of the team and expressed their frustration at this loss. Several individuals had filled their survey in negatively and had included criticisms in the survey comments. The board member made it clear that if individuals had concerns, they should raise them with their leader. If after doing so, they were still unable to fill in the survey positively, they should evaluate why they would choose to work somewhere they could not review positively. Each year I submitted my survey as quickly as I could so I could honestly answer that I did not feel pressured to answer the survey positively. I had come to fear that if I waited, something would be said from stage that would make me feel pressured.

Ramsey Solutions2020-03-02

"Great CEO, Toxic Management"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Brentwood, TN

I worked at Ramsey Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture is sincere and great. CEO really cares. Solid pay in the marketplace.

Cons

Tough deadlines to meet. Toxic middle management leaders who lack trust in their team.

Ramsey Solutions2020-03-06

"Proceed with Caution"

I have been working at Ramsey Solutions full-time

Pros

The building is very nice.

Cons

We are stuck in the office. Help. We are able to take time off if we feel we need to, but if we do there is a significant fear of retaliation from the company. Dave almost held a large number of team members hostage by forcing us to go on his cruise (which is now cancelled, not by Daves doing) Dave is creating a dangerous situation for us, our families, and the entire middle tennessee area by not empowering hundreds of us to work from home when we easily can. Please help us.

Ramsey Solutions2020-03-17
  6. "Got worse as time went on."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I worked at Ramsey Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The actual workers are fantastic. You're hired because you believe in life-change, you believe in God, you're good at your job, and you're passionate about what you do. I still have many friends who are still there and many friends who aren't and they are some of my best and deepest friendships.

Cons

Management is literally rotten and it goes all the way to the top. My immediate "leader" was never on my side, took credit for my work, and spent so much time gaslighting me about what I did that I had to go through 6 months of counseling after I left. I had literal, diagnosed PTSD symptoms from working there. I was convinced that I was a horrible person, a horrible employee, and everything was my fault. While I was still there, I tried to move departments and my leader did everything they could to make sure I didn't, including lying to the other hiring manager about my performance. I didn't know about this until my exit interview and my interviewer was shocked that I had something like that on my record that I had no idea about. Their gossip policy ensures that abuse continues to happen, because talking to anyone other than your leader about issues is a fireable offense. So you are stuck in your own head, wondering if you're imagining things, all the while Dave continues to spout from stage that they're the best company ever and you're never going to find a better place to work. I've finally been gone long enough to even look at the building as I drive by... something I couldn't do without feeling nauseated. I hated my career due to the abuse, and it took almost two years to start feeling confident in what I was doing. Avoid this place. Seriously, run.

Ramsey Solutions2020-03-31

"Serving"

Current Employee - Technology in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Ramsey Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Company mission is clear and restated often to align everything I do People matter; leadership makes every effort to create an environment where I get to work in my strengths Working with some of the latest technology such as Amazon Web Services, AWS Working with some of the smartest people in Technology Lots of opportunity to learn and able to contribute to the solution Because the company culture is built on trust, relationship, vulnerability, and humility, we have no silos or "throw it over the wall" problems. Our Web Systems, Development, and QA teams like to work together to solve problems no matter where the issue actually is rooted.

Cons

This is a fast-paced and fast-growing company. Growth opportunities are encountered quicker than with previous companies I worked for. Growth opportunities can become problems that take our eye off the real work of helping others.

Ramsey Solutions2019-10-03

"Best place to work"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer

I have been working at Ramsey Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Mission oriented - Work that impacts lives - Great people - Amazing culture

Cons

- Could be closer to Nashville - No work from home option

Ramsey Solutions2019-09-17

"Intimidation, Misleading, False"

Former Employee - Marketing in Nashville, TN

I worked at Ramsey Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some people there, a small percentage that feel they're on a mission. THE Christmas party, flexibility in scheduling, work-life balance. So many meetings, but a few are informative.

Cons

The growth, (for the moment) is quite steady, but is also a problem. They tout the # of "hires" in a time-frame, but oh-so-conveniently leave out workers who left!! As long as those at the top are raking in the dollars, so be it!! As somebody shared below....micro-managed. Either get way up in Leadership (SO-CALLED), or be prepared to be a Serf!! Compensation plans when you are on the lower rungs>>> outright strange and difficult. Unless you're set on starting out and getting to the top in a few years, FORGET IT. When I was in the position I was in, that was because I believed in what I was doing, that I "Fit" and "Connected" well into that arena. You know...,,, if it just doesn't fit the Scope of what their VISION is, you won't be able to exceed in what skills, talent and ability you can bring to a position. The pay becomes disheartening, they push down on you about their way, and ideas given are...How does that come OUR way???!!!! Advancement into So-Called Leadership?? Abundant effort as you may, they have their fortress all set. In Summary, if you don't line up on par with the Culture, start looking for another workplace!! But shhhh!!!... don't give hint that you are, you'll be out-the-door in 6 days, rather than 14 to 21 days. One more oddity, this is mind-numbing. I won't disclose what my pay was....but let's break it down into a year// and then hourly. Close to $38,000 a year, well that works out to be about $19/hour give or take,,,margin-to-margin. I left and a month later I had a check come to me from the company!!! 28 HOURS of unused Vacation Pay!!! Ready for this,?? I have the stub...oh Man!!! 28 hours X $7.50/ hour. Yes, $7.50 an hour!!!!!!!!!! I guess when you leave the Crusade, it's great to Railroad you. Summary,,, Feed The Machine,, Feed The Machine,, Feed The Machine.

Ramsey Solutions2019-09-14

"It's fine"

Former Employee - Worker

I worked at Ramsey Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

SOME genuine people work there.

Cons

The culture is very rough.

Ramsey Solutions2019-09-02