ReachLocal Reviews

3.7
ReachLocal CEO Paul Bascobert
Paul Bascobert
Pros
Cons
  • "Senior management were bullies, the only focus was on sales people within the business(in 30 reviews)

• "Responsibility to maintain total book of business(in 18 reviews)

1. "Good to work"

Current Employee - Web Analyst in Mālād

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time for less than a year

Pros

Directors, TL and Coworkers are great, helpful. Learn lot of things in digital marketing.

Cons

Not found any up till now

2. "Place to Learn Business Strategy"

4.0
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Mumbai

I worked at ReachLocal full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is lots to learn if one is keen too. I have learnt a lot and have received support from my Sr. Director - Shagufta Merchant. She appreciated my thought process though I did not come from a digital back ground. Walked me through the Business in a simple diagram. Always appreciated my work and even during one on one, appreciated all the ideas that I incorporated in my team. Even, now when I am not with the organisation, she proudly informs me about my team performance. So, it is every individuals efforts one puts to gain the business knowledge. Every organisation is good, it's we who make a difference. Managers, people come and go but one has to change his/her thinks and not believe in perceptions. Perceptions changes if you look at it in a positive manner. A good place to learn and execute your ideas. The organisation is very transparent in their execution.

Cons

There is lot of negative perception round the corner. These are at a middle leader level. They lack in understanding the pulse of their people. There are good team leaders. The Team leaders need to put their productive time in groom their team members rather than creating a negative perception.

3. "Good company"

4.0

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time

Pros

Good working environment and culture

Cons

Nothing as such to mention

4. "Join only if you dont have any other job in hand"

1.0
    Former Employee - Web Analyst

I worked at ReachLocal full-time

Pros

Company working culture is really good. provides Canteen facility.

Cons

Do not go web analyst role, no growth, and no management, process related job

March 20, 2020

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you felt there were no opportunities for growth. We want to continue to improve and it would be great to get more details into where you think we can get better on growth and management. If you would be willing to discuss, please email me at shay.hoosier@reachlocal.com.

"Honest Review"

1.0
    Former Employee - SEM Analyst in Mumbai

I worked at ReachLocal full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Insurance INR 500 Per Month Sodexo Colleagues Transport

Cons

Hello Job Seeker, Thank you for reaching till my review. Because being digital market company Reachlocal puts 10-15 fake reviews over one Honest Review. • Lunch timing and Snacks timings are strictly fixed. If you want to have lunch after 2.00 PM. You cannot. You have to stay hungry till 4 PM. • Employees cannot seat on the sofa in Reception Area. And on the Swing kept in the balcony. • Micro-Management: You have to write down all your activities in Time Sheet. Out of 9 hours, your 8 hours should be productive. (P.S Team Meetings and Reading emails and other stuff also comes under non-productive hours) • If you are late by 1 minute your half day salary will get deducted and then also you have to seat for whole day. You cannot apply leave for that half day. • Notice Period is of 2 months. They don’t negotiate over the notice period even if you don’t have work. • HR manager changes every 6-7 months. • They put limited number of toilet papers in the washroom. If there are no toilet papers in the loo, then you have hold your pee, go to the security and beg for the toilet papers or carry your own toilet paper to the washroom. • Job insecurity! They can fire you anytime. Attrition rate is too high. Even managers and team leader gets fired. • Directors are just pathetic! They don't treat their employees well. • Un-supportive and Helpless team leaders. • Salary hike is like joke. • They force you to participate in so called fun activities and for snacks they take contribution from you. • Even if you are worked for 7-8 years with the company and you are on notice period, You don’t get the Diwali Gift. • On quarterly basis you get the feedback form from Head office but Your TL and Manager makes sure that you are giving all the positive and fake reviews • Cabin renovations happens every year.

December 18, 2019

We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time at ReachLocal. Considering you have spent 5+ years with our company, we appreciate your feedback and agree that it’s the “Colleagues” i.e. people selected by our leaders, which makes ReachLocal India the best place to work. We pride ourselves on giving a positive and stress-free environment to our employees so that they are able to give their 100% to their jobs. As highlighted by you in the Pros, we provide meaningful benefits that drive value such as – Company Transport from 3 different locations, flexibility to order food from cafeteria or outside using Sodexo, and providing best insurance coverage for both family as well parents. We are disappointed to see your concerns and would have welcomed the opportunity to discuss them with you while you were with us. Few things we would like to highlight below: Lunch and snack time are fixed for cafeteria functionality purposes. The staff also needs time for the preparation of food & cleaning the cafeteria. We don’t want our employees to go hungry and that is why employees are given a window of 1.5 hours (12.30 p.m. to 2 p.m.) to eat their lunch. The seating area at the Reception is meant for visitors and guests. There are dedicated Hang-out zones for employees as well. Do refer our website: ReachLocal India Infrastructure for more details. As such, this policy is in place for administrative functionality. Employees are allowed to report to work anytime between 9 am to 10 am. They are given a window of one hour, considering various factors like traffic, weather, public transport, etc. We also provide bus facility from local train stations to enable employees to reach work on time and comfortably. ReachLocal is a performance-driven organisation, and we do not want to micro manage our employees on how they spend their break times. That’s why break timings are not recorded. Eight hours are productive and being recorded in timesheet helps in effective management of resources. All employees need to serve a notice period of 60 days as the organization needs time to hire the replacement for that employee and also train them as per the process. This policy is widely accepted and implemented across companies from various industries. With respect to job insecurity and attrition, we're proud that we have many employees who have been with us for many years. We pay utmost attention to the quality of people we hire and make sure they are very well matched to our company culture. We also have an open door policy and any questions or issues can be asked directly without any fear of retaliation. ReachLocal India provides the best of facilities to its employees and that complements our endeavor to make people proud of coming to their workplace every day. Repair work is to ensure the facilities are up to date. Employee Surveys are taken by an external vendor and there is no way to influence people to update positive reviews since these are anonymous. We wish you the best in your future endeavors

6. "Good place to work"

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time

Pros

Good place to work in mumbai

Cons

Not yet feel any cons.

"It’s been great working with ReachLocal India since last 2.3 years"

Former Employee - SEM Analyst in Mumbai

I worked at ReachLocal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible timings. Bus facility. Health Insurance & life cover. Management understands issues of the employees and treats them well. HR always been helpful in all the circumstances. Training team provides good insights on product, services and ready to help on queries. Employee recognition helps us to be motivated.

Cons

Nothing seen as of now.

October 1, 2019ReachLocal Response

Thank you for your review. We hope we will manage to keep creating a great working environment for our employees and encourage to share your ideas, suggestions and feedback any time.

8. "Best company to explore and learn SEM"

Former Employee - SEM Analyst in Goregaon East

I worked at ReachLocal full-time for more than a year

Pros

Structured work and performance driven environment You get credit and recognised for the work you do no matter your tenure with the company Excellent work life balance. Fixed shift with no overtime required Was part of staff events committee and managed some really fun employee events

Cons

Decision making can be slow at times

October 1, 2019ReachLocal Response

Thanks for your review. We hope we will manage to keep creating a great working environment for our employees and encourage you to share your ideas, suggestions and feedback any time.

"7 Years in and still going strong"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Reachlocal is one of the best companies I've worked for so far in my career. First and foremost, Reachlocal has an amazing company culture. I have joined Reachlocal as an individual contributor and today leading a team. You must have heard " Employees quit managers not jobs". You can understand why i have been working here for 7 years now. My manager has helped me shape my career and professional life and showed me how to transform my mistakes into skills. Lots of Pros to mention :- 1. We have flexible work timings 2. Transport available for employees 3. Huge insurance coverage plus parents are covered with minimal amount, i don't think any company would give such a huge coverage 4. No micromanagement 5. Delicious meals at subsidized rates 6. This year our Managing Director has introduced Term Insurance for employees. what else can you ask for to work in a company like this? All i can is "Work Hard and you will succeed" I did i am sure you all can :)

Cons

Every company has few cons. Nothing is always perfect. But our management team makes sure to get everything fixed to boost employee morale.

10. "SEM Analyst"

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time

Pros

Infra, digital marketing field, company and not an agency

Cons

Too strict , could do better if focused on retaining talent

December 2, 2019

Thanks for taking the time give us your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you felt like it was too strict and we needed to improve on retaining talent. We would appreciate receiving more details into how we can improve on retaining talent. Receiving more details from you would definitely help us figure out how we can improve. If you would be willing to discuss, please email me at shay.hoosier@reachlocal.com.

Found 742 reviews