Redington Ltd. Reviews

Updated 21 Feb 2021

4.2
Redington Ltd. CEO  Mitesh Sheth (no image)
Mitesh Sheth
Pros
Cons
  • "Can be long hours, depending on work load(in 10 reviews)

• "Long working hours that are not compensated with a reasonable salary(in 7 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Good process oriented organisation"

Former Employee - Service Engineer in Calcutta

I worked at Redington Ltd. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good process, Good people, Good compensation.

Cons

Nothing according to me as of now.

2. "Looking for mid senior level"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Bhopal

I have been working at Redington Ltd. full-time

Pros

Good working culture and cooperative

Cons

Good Only Distributor for IT based

3. "Good"

Current Employee - Vice President in London, England

I have been working at Redington Ltd. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent corporate level transparency provided

Cons

At times, hours can be long.

4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Redington Ltd. full-time

Pros

Open and friendly culture, people willing to help, culture oriented on people.great size and flexibility to move within the company. Strong prospects ahead

Cons

Sometimes the busy periods make you feel like you should be paid more.

5. "Great South East based service provider"

Former Employee - Infrastructure Engineer in London, England

I worked at Redington Ltd. full-time

Pros

Friendly collaborative team, interesting range of customers to work with

Cons

None that come to mind

6. "Strong pros and cons"

I have been working at Redington Ltd. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- incredibly interesting, stimulating, and impactful work - lots of potential for growth - great culture, fun, smart and interesting people all around you - no dress code, be yourself - open management culture

Cons

- long hours - not enough time for learning - too much of a spread between the highest earners and the lowest (though this is a wider industry problem)

Continue reading
  7. "Open and transparent company, meaningful work and great colleagues"

Current Employee - Associate in London, England

I have been working at Redington Ltd. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very open and approachable leadership - I've been able to hold regular conversations with the leadership informally and formally and even received feedback on my performance from senior leadership - which companies can boast that flat an employee structure?! Driven and intelligent colleagues to work with - I've worked at another consultancy before working here and found the people at Redington to be much more driven, with a broader range of skills and a experience. Opportunities to get involved everywhere in the business - there are a lot of committees so if you want to do something, all you have to do is put your hand up. The teams are also much smaller so you'll be exposed to a much broader range of experiences and can take up more responsibility with the necessary support available if you need it. You do need to be the type of person that can work independently but if you can do that, there are plenty of opportunities to get stuck in to. Great technology and flexibility within the firm.

Cons

Career progression has slowed down slightly since I joined - that can be a positive as well as it ensures those who are more senior in the business have the necessary experience to be held accountable for their decisions.

Continue reading

"Great company, big heart, open and transparent leadership and culture"

5.0

I have been working at Redington Ltd.

Pros

Lots of responsibility given early to those that demonstrate potential Leadership is open to feedback, actively seeks and listens attentively Lots of communication in all directions Smart people, innovative thinking Extremely client-focused Technology led Global Private Equity backed Very internally consultative

Cons

Sometimes leadership over shares Very young, inexperienced team leaders Long hours

Continue reading

"A fun, intellectually stimulating environment with people who are open to feedback"

I have been working at Redington Ltd. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People in finance like to say they have a 'flat hierarchy' a lot. This is the first place I've worked at where that is true. MDs will listen and engage with junior people's opinion whether that is on client work or how the business is run. Senior leadership genuinely care about every employee. To secure investment they worked very long hours because this was what was best for the company to ensure its long-term financial viability. One year, when there was a smaller bonus pool for various reasons, directors in the company sacrificed their bonus to not penalise junior people prohibitively. Senior leadership certainly aren't perfect, but they are willing to take on feedback and improve. This is a very rare trait for people in a position of authority. For example, initially firmwide updates were poorly run. The senior leaders have genuinely worked on improving this in response to feedback and done a great job of improving this. There is a great learning environment. Redington has employees with 30+ years in finance at amazing organisations (Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley etc. etc.) Any of them will be more than happy to have a catch up with you. The company treat you like an adult, if you come to work, do your job well then managers will be flexible with you, allowing you to work from home (within reason). Other glass door reviews talk about this not being the case, from my experience there is genuinely no 'facetime' culture. I've made some genuine friends here - the environment means there is a great balance between 'being professional' and 'being yourself.' The work is genuinely very interesting, with real-world implications. There is a genuine social value in the work the company does - though recognising it is not a charity! I would recommend this firm to anyone.

Cons

Senior leadership are working to address this and have made genuine improvements, however I feel more needs to be done on hiring more diversely at junior levels. As with any organisation there are individuals who do not work together well with other members in the team. However I have experience of giving feedback to a more senior person and it being addressed in good time. Work life/balance can be tricky. I feel the flexibility you are given makes up for this and given all the other benefits (including a ridiculously good pension) this is not the worst problem in the world. More efficient working practices means this has improved over time.

10. "Great culture, excellent reputation, exciting growth prospects"

Current Employee - Investment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Redington Ltd. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Industry reputation as a high quality, premium provider has meant steady year-on-year growth in both revenues and margins - Recent acquisition by private equity is a strong vote of confidence in the business and should provide a solid platform for further growth - Has done a pretty good job of preserving culture as the company grows - there is relatively little internal politics and a sense of family/community where people look out for each other [as indicated by a couple of recent reviews, this view is not universally shared among staff but my sense is the issues they mention are isolated to certain teams] - Combination of fast growing firm and flat hierarchy means there are good opportunities for personal growth and taking on responsibility at an early stage in one's career. - Exceptional feedback from clients on both service standards and investment outcomes delivered. There is a real sense of purpose where staff care about delivering great outcomes for clients, not just hitting profit targets. - Competitive pay - base salaries are similar to competitors but bonuses tend to be higher and promotions are quicker. - Although working hours can be long in the busy periods, there is good support for flexible working and no "face time" culture

Cons

- Innovative culture can mean fixating on the latest flavour of the month idea at the expense of more gradual but easier to implement improvements. - Fragmentation of IT systems can cause frustration - e.g. same piece of data has to be saved/inputted to multiple systems, key documents can take ages to locate etc. - L&D has historically been less structured than peers with more reliance on "on-the-job" training. This can be stressful if one is not a self-starter.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 49 English Reviews