Redington Ltd. Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Redington Ltd. Reviews

Updated Apr 27, 2019

Found 36 reviews

4.5
Redington Ltd. CEO Mitesh Sheth (no image)
Mitesh Sheth
  1. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Redington Ltd. full-time

Pros

People are smart, generous with their time & passionate about what they do Interesting work Salary / benefits are good

Cons

Hard work / long hours Sometimes lacks focus & management appears to have lots of different projects on at once

Advice to Management

Carry on trying to address some of the pain points company is encountering as it moves from new challenger to a more established name

Redington Ltd.2016-09-21
  2. "Great place to work with clients truly at the centre"

I worked at Redington Ltd. full-time

Pros

Firm has a strong culture and values, always putting clients first and ensuring employees are well cared for. Redington really does live out its values of being Open, Responsible and Clear. Pension fund clients have performed well against their peers, due to Redington's tried-and-tested risk management frameworks and proactive research into new investment opportunities. The "network" surrounding... Redington is first class, with opportunities to meet and work with some of the industry's most renowned names - from pension funds and wealth managers to lawyers and asset managers. Really feels like you're making a positive impact in the world, by ensuring that pensioners get paid what they've been promised! And with founding of RedSTART, there's always an opportunity to help younger people to secure their financial futures too.

Cons

Truly innovative and curious culture can mean taking on to many things.

Advice to Management

Keep going! It's been an amazing first 10 years for Redington and I'm confident the firm and its clients will continue to prosper.

Redington Ltd.2016-09-05

"Great place for grads"

I have been working at Redington Ltd.

Pros

Female friendly, positive atmosphere, happy staff, very little backstabbing and politics, flexible attitude towards families, fantastic training and exposure for grads / analysts.

Cons

Pension consulting is one of the lower-paid corners of the City and compensation mirrors tiny margins / earnings. Better for grads in that respect - more a stepping stone rather than a place for seasoned professionals to monetise their career. The corporate culture thing is vastly overstated and makes us believe that we're more important than we are. Far too much back-slapping. Risk of turning into hubris...

Advice to Management

Manage our cost base more effectively

Redington Ltd.2016-09-15
  4. "Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Vice President in London, England

I have been working at Redington Ltd. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Entrepreneurial/dynamic workplace. Clear purpose and set of company values. Great client exposure and access to senior team members to learn from right from the outset.

Cons

Can be long hours, especially during peak periods due to a commitment to go the extra mile for clients. Measures are being put in place to introduce a better work life balance for employees including flexible working hours and the ability to work from home.

Redington Ltd.2016-03-04
  5. "Great 9 years!!"

Former Employee - Senior Vice President in London, England

I worked at Redington Ltd. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Senior member of the firm would like to share their experience and stories with you and they are friendly and easy to access You always have a chance to change the way how Redington works, share your ideas and contribute to the firm. Various exposure to clients or product providers, they all would like to share their ideas and thinks of the market

Cons

Working hours is long as a consultancy firm, working over time is not that often than before but happens Redington generates a lot good ideas but limited resources to realise them, specially for IT development side

Advice to Management

Keep the open communication culture and the Townhall, it is a good to know where the firm is heading No sure the functional responsibility thing improves our efficiency or not. It might be more helpful within senior management but not quite down to team level

Redington Ltd.2016-03-04

"One of the best places to start your career"

Former Employee - Associate in London, England

I worked at Redington Ltd. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I would have laughed at you if you told me at 18 that I would start my career working in pensions. But I am extremely glad I did. I am even more fortunate to have started at Redington. If there is one thing I think you can gain from working here, it is developing a mindset of continuous self-improvement. You are surrounded by highly intelligent, hard-working, and self-motivated people. They are also fun to boot.... This is rare, make the most of it. The pensions industry is ripe for disruption. Redington is way ahead of its peers in looking to the future and gives employees at all levels opportunities to help shape it.

Cons

Long-hours...can be especially challenging during peak deliverable periods. On flip-side, you learn to develop mental toughness.

Advice to Management

Continue to maintain entrepreneurial culture & scale carefully - ask where can work processes be automated through smart technology and software vs. additional persons?

Redington Ltd.2016-01-04
  7. "Great place to work. Flexible, supportive and rewarding."

I have been working at Redington Ltd. full-time

Pros

"Look after your employees and they will look after you" This is fairly obvious but in my career and from what I hear from family and friends there doesn't seem to be much of this going on. Thankfully I am in a company that's in the minority. Redington always look out for their staff and are relentless in finding ways to make our working life as enjoyable and rewarding as possible. They are also very caring and... supportive. An example of this was when my wife had complications with her pregnancy which meant needing time off for appointments and consultations. Redington went above and beyond with regards to their support at this time. I have worked for Redington the longest out of all my previous employers and I know this is the same for most of my colleagues as well. This coupled with the continued success and growth Redington has achieved I feel is a reflection on how they treat their employees.

Cons

I can't think of any cons. Perhaps graduates might think this is the norm and will get a nasty shock when they move onto another company which doesn't have the same values.

Redington Ltd.2016-01-05
  8. "Graduate Analyst Role"

I have been working at Redington Ltd. full-time

Pros

Great company culture. Very hierarchical structure, great access to senior staff to ask questions and learn from. Very willing to hear your voice and opinions on bringing new ideas and finding more efficient processes. Great feedback on your work and will try to find ways to improve on your weaknesses (pitch camps for public speaking, online excel training)

Cons

Long hours during certain periods of the year.

Redington Ltd.2015-11-19
  9. "Professional and really cares about it people"

I have been working at Redington Ltd. part-time for less than a year

Pros

The senior team are inspiring, professional, strategic in their thinking and they care about people. People are important in the business, development and progression is encouraged, its a friendly working environment and the perks are good too.

Cons

Working week is quite long but typical of the industry.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

Redington Ltd.2015-11-11
  10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Redington Ltd. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Redington is a great place to work. The staff are hardworking creative and fun and the work is interesting and challenging. You are given responsibility early on and encouraging to seek out more.

Cons

There is alot of work which results in late nights during the busy periods.

Advice to Management

Try to maintain the current culture as the company grows.

Redington Ltd.2015-11-13