Regis Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Regis Corporation Reviews

Updated 25 May 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • The only con I constantly hear from my teams is the base pay (minimum wage) and how difficult it is to slide on the sliding pay scale (in 48 reviews)

• New upper management hired are out of (in 42 reviews)

"Ultra is better company"

Former Employee - Regional Director
    Former Employee - Regional Director

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Co-workers are the best. Professional, hardworking and committed.

Cons

CEO doesn't know the industry and what it takes to run company-owed stores. Regis has been in a slide since Hanrahan took over. Used to be the best hair salon company in the world. CEO is turning Regis into a franchise company because he cant successfully manage operations internally. Sad to see Hanrahan run the company in the ground. Stock price now at $12.50 versus $42.00??!

Advice to Management

Get a new CEO who knows how to motivate employees and run a successful business.

2. "New Day at Regis!!!!"

Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love that our RD and SDL's truly care about us we see and hear from them all the time!!!! Our RD recognizes Bday and anniversary; she also sends thank you emails. The new leadership has inspired me to be the consultant and not just the stylist. I left and came back to Regis because of the leadership changes; people are talking and it's good things that they are saying!!!!

Cons

Need to look at pay, to be more competitive with the industry and help stylist be able to build their career with Regis.

Advice to Management

Keep giving ongoing education to be better stylist for our guest.

3. "nice management"

I have been working at Regis Corporation part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The managers I have worked with at Regis have all been very nice.

Cons

Scheduling is not terribly flexible, and at Cool Cuts for Kids I often work 8-9 hour shifts completely alone.

Advice to Management

Listen to schedule requests, and maybe don't have stylists work alone, it can be very stressful.

5. "Don't waste your time with Regis."

Former Employee - Salon Leader
    Former Employee - Salon Leader

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dying malls, Low traffic but walk-in customers were very nice.

Cons

As a Salon Leader, you will be little more than a very poorly paid ($10 an hour) baby-sitter unless you bring your own very strong clientele. If you bring your clientele you risk losing some because of poor staff attitudes. There is no support to get rid of uncoachable/untrainable poor performers or staff with bad attitudes. Many staff only want to make their hourly wages and tips because if they make too much money they won't continue to get government welfare. They have no interest in really building their business which means salon leaders don't bonus. The insurance benefits they offer are greatly overstated and I had nothing but trouble with their insurance/benefits department. They were unresponsive and couldn't seem to be able to process basic paperwork. Mid-level management is a joke. They have no original ideas, waste your time and are very happy to stay where they are for years. They tend to be stale, boring and never cut it themselves in the real world. Salons are staffed with those just out of school or those who can't make it in a private salon because of their work quality and are totally dependent upon walk-ins. Same with other Salon Leaders. They are stale and overworked but content to stay in their positions for years. The salons are old, equipment is old/poor condition and they are located in dying malls. My experience with them was bait and switch. Nothing was as promised. In my own marketing research; I found that because they have done such a poor job of being relevant; the average millennial age prospective customer doesn't know who Regis is. Their salon fronts look like at best; a low quality beauty supply. If you want to make $10 an hour with no support in an extremely unprofessional setting; Regis is where you belong. Do your homework about your location before applying.

Advice to Management

Completely restructure middle management. Tie their pay completely to the success of their salons and Salon Leader Peer Reviews. Empower Salon Leaders to get rid of dead weight and increase pay scale to attract real talent. Millenials don't know Regis is a salon. They think you are a Beauty Supply store because that's all that's visible. Your marketing is ineffective and dated as are your expectations. Billing yourself as having a premium quality experience is a joke. Only the mediocre need apply.

6. "Pays the bills"

Current Employee - Management in Rosenberg, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Management in Rosenberg, TX (US)

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ready made clientele , close at 8 pm

Cons

Disorganized, high turnover, no positive influence( only drilled for mess inherited due to poor management), no company gatherings, work on holidays that you wouldn't typically work, training is all done virtually ( not all can learn that way) , no guidance because everyone is just thrown into place, makes you feel like your just a warm body

Advice to Management

I am a manager

7. "Love my job"

I have been working at Regis Corporation (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great advancement opportunities

Cons

Hairstylists don't qualify for insurance until a full 12 months

8. "Corporate with Regis Corp. was GREAT!!!"

Former Employee - Operations Area Supervisor in Grenada, MS (US)
    Former Employee - Operations Area Supervisor in Grenada, MS (US)

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Move up the corporate ladder quickly, Awesome rewards, FANTASTIC CO. TRIPS TO OTHER COUNTRIES, lavish trips, company car

Cons

Not very family oriented, long hours, NEVER A COMPLETE DAY OFF.

Advice to Management

Area Supervisors should be allowed to go home every night regardless of the distance of the drive within reasonable measures other than that, 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

9. "There are better places to work"

Former Employee - Salon Leader in Athens, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Salon Leader in Athens, OH (US)

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Worked with some great stylists

Cons

Regis only cares about what the reports say. If you are in the green with sales. I put 5 years of my heart and soul into my salon and was ranked #1 many times as a stylist and asee a salon. They forced me out on purpose. They needed to put blame somewhere for the district being down in sales. I was the blame. But I wasn't the only store down

10. "Employer"

Pros

Great place to work and to be at

Cons

None that I can think of

"Hair Stylist"

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time

Pros

-Good management.
    -Good retail commission (15%).
    -Good service commission (50%).

Can be a good job but you need to work hard for your money!!

Cons

-No advanced education.
    -No access to the Vidal Sasson network.
    -Long hours, work on Sundays.
    -No clear path to management.

Advice to Management

Provide better advanced education in your premium salons and a clear path to a management position.