Remington Hotels Employee Reviews about "5 drivers"

Updated 8 Apr 2020

4.1
Remington Hotels President and CEO Sloan Dean
Sloan Dean
Pros
  • "They are a great company to work for(in 15 reviews)

• "The company has clear objectives and bonus criteria as it operates off a balanced scorecard (The 5 Drivers)(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper Management lives in an Ivory Tower and only pretends to listen to the concerns of the team(in 12 reviews)

• "Almost never saw anyone from corporate office(in 11 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "5 drivers"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Featured Review

"Revenue Management Hot Spot!"

Current Employee - Director, Revenue Management in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Remington Hotels full-time for less than a year

Pros

Technology, systems, people, culture, communication, growth opportunity, travel, reporting structure, creativity freedom, 5 drivers are just a few of the pros of Remington Hotels.

Cons

Not many that I can think of. Every company has a con of some sort, it is dependent on how you view and respond to it - for me, I have very happy!

Continue reading

"A growing hotel management company with a visionary leader"

Current Employee - Vice President Marketing

I have been working at Remington Hotels full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Remington is fortunate to have Sloan Dean as the leader and CEO. Sloan is very open to feedback and making changes as necessary. He recently created Corporate Councils as a way to allow employees to openly brainstorm and format ideas before making formal proposals. The company has clear objectives and bonus criteria as it operates off a balanced scorecard (The 5 Drivers). Compared to other third-party management companies, Remington is very well respected amongst peers, brands, and various ownership groups. Even during periods of extreme challenge, Remington consistently tries to improve processes and systems. Based on the current environment and economy, Remington is poised for tremendous growth.

Cons

Remington is having to make tremendous changes in order to make up for having operated differently in the past.

"Exceptional Positive Culture, COO WANTS To Hear From The Field"

Current Employee - General Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Remington Hotels full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very straight forward goals for everyone, ACHIEVE the 5 DRIVERS. They are the basic business requirements by all major companies so nothing new or overly complex. Terrific networking within company and best practices shared so when having an issue, many best practices are at hand as a valuable reference tool. The average may be 3 DRIVERS achieved(?) and the REM Corp staff is very supportive. The COO is very-very receptive to new ideas and has created a GM Council of 13 so to have a sounding board to assist in implementing changes which GM's in the field all appreciate. Sloan listens and encourages for thoughts to be "bubbled up."

Cons

We continue to get the word out of how the work/balance life has immensely improved for all associate levels from what it was years ago. Remington is a very professional rewarding company so spread the good word.

May 6, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate all your hard work and contributions! If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback, we would be happy to continue the conversation. Feel free to email us at feedback@remingtonhotels.com and we will get back to you soon!

"Remington Proud!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Divisional Vice President of Sales and Marketing in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Remington Hotels full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Engaging leadership Opportunity for growth Clear expectations Thoughtful and motivating culture tied to 5 drivers and 5 guiding principles Strong sales incentive program Executive leaderships willingness to change and adapt to stay relevant

Cons

We only manage assets in the United States

May 14, 2018Human Resources

Thank you for your five years of service at Remington! We’re pleased to hear that you’ve had enjoyable experience, and we want to thank you for leaving us a stellar review. If you have any additional comments you would like to make about our leadership, sales incentive program, or other positives you have listed here, please feel free to email us at feedback@remingtonhotels.com. Thank you.

"Best of the Best"

Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Remington Hotels full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've worked with Remington hotels now the past 3 years and it's been an exceptional company to work for. The expectations are black and white, they don't change on a monthly basis. Focus on the 5 drivers and you will be successful. Many of the long tenured associates are family oriented, it's a competitive company, with great benefits, and beautiful hotels.

Cons

Internal communication is an area that can be improved.

April 20, 2018Human Resources

We are pleased to hear that you’ve enjoyed working with us for the past 3 years! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a stellar review. We are always available should you need anything. If you would like to provide any additional feedback, for example, thoughts about international communication, we would be happy to continue the conversation via email. Send us a message to feedback@remingtonhotels.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you!

"Don't let all the positive reviews fool you"

I have been working at Remington Hotels full-time

Pros

This company is cut throat and extremely frugal. Yes, they have the 5 drivers and they are clear and consistent. However, most properties find it impossible to meet these drivers and this is clear on their spreadsheets with key controls and properrt listings. This company does provide entry level opportunities, but be prepared to put in 70 hour weeks minimum as necessary tools and resources are not provided to salaried and management in order to successfully get the job done.

Cons

Wage plan is unequal. In the Omaha market, wages recently increased in most positions. However, the hourly wage plan does not allow for career longevity and does not provide motivation for seasoned associates to come work with us. It wasn't until ACA became law that Remington provided minimum essential coverage to hourly employees. Before it was a below minimum plan with 0 contribution from Remington. If you need family health coverage, not the place to be. Most staff members do not stay at this property more than 1 year.

May 7, 2018Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. Our goal is to provide employees with the tools necessary to succeed within our organization and in their careers. We try to be transparent about how our company works, and helping employees meet their needs is always a top priority for us. We are happy to hear that as of late, management has shown improvement in your eyes. If there’s anything else you would like to share with us, please don’t hesitate to reach out with your comments to feedback@remingtonhotels.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks so much. Best regards.

"Great company to grow with!"

Current Employee - Director of Sales and Marketing in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Remington Hotels full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Remington is growing and changing, with forward thinking new leadership building on a solid foundation of established success. I have had a truly rewarding experience with Remington both personally and professionally. They have given my team the tools we need to be successful and we have shared success accordingly as a 5 Driver property. Remington's 5 Drivers, Guiding Principles, and Strategic Imperatives give us the focus to achieve and gauge balanced success as a team. I have personally shared in the success of a number of engaged associates that achieved impressive goals with little to no experience in hospitality using the tools and training provided by Remington. This is a company willing to take a chance on individuals with indicators for success. Remington does promote from within as well, so you can make a real career with growth potential with this company. Remington sets "reach" goals that are attainable, and you are well rewarded when these goals are achieved. There are a lot of great associates working with Remington, and you will have plenty of resources to assist you as a newly hired associate. I have found it easy and rewarding to network with my fellow associates. This is a fun bunch of people to work with as well, and I look forward to our conferences and team builders!

Cons

I don't have any real Cons to speak of. Seasoned professionals from other hospitality companies may struggle a bit if they are not dynamic and open to embracing the Remington way.

April 9, 2018Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review and thank you for your five years’ of dedicated service. We are so happy to hear that you enjoy working with us! If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback, we would be happy to continue the conversation. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Best regards.

8. "Great experience so far."

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Remington Hotels full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The 5 drivers are principles that make you a better leader. Been with the company for 4 years and have seen steady growth which is very encouraging.

Cons

Pay is a little subpar from other companies in area. But I’m hoping that changes as you move up in the ranks

May 7, 2018Human Resources

Thanks for leaving us with a review. We’re glad to hear that you’ve had a great experience working with Remington so far! If you have any additional questions, comments or concerns, we are always available to listen. Feel free to drop us a line at feedback@remingtonhotels.com. Thank you!

"Executive HR Director"

I have been working at Remington Hotels full-time

Pros

I am entering my 10th year of employment with Remington Hotels and can honestly say that I am working with "the best of the best" within the hospitality industry. Our company is dedicated to our Guiding Principles, 5 Drivers and Core Values. Our HR Corporate Team is extremely supportive to the HR professionals in the field. The company has heart and passion for delivering exceptional products and services to our guests. But most of all, we are dedicated to our associates and continously strive to improve associate relations and overall engagement.

Cons

No cons, you get back what you put into company. If you are dedicated to the overall mission and work hard then your efforts will be rewarding with continued growth and development.

February 26, 2018Human Resources

We are so appreciative of your kind words, but even more so for the ten years you've given the company. We strive to have every employee understand and have the resources to live up to the five drivers and core values. We are happy to continue the conversation at feedback@remingtonhotels.com if there's anything else you'd like to share.

"Onward and Upward!"

Current Employee - General Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Remington Hotels full-time for less than a year

Pros

Remington is a company that manages using 5 drivers. With these drivers you know what is expected of you. I have learned a lot and have already advanced in the 2 years that I have been with the company. The company makes you feel that you are in charge of your destiny and hotel and supports you with hands on managing and suggestions. Remington gives you the tools to help you and your hotel become successful. There is a lot of support for you in this company everyone up to the owners and upper management want you to succeed.

Cons

Pay can always be better but there are no others that I can think of.

February 13, 2018Human Resources

We are pleased to hear that you’ve had a great experience with us, and we will certainly strive to continue supporting managers in any and every way possible. Your feedback helps us grow and improve. If there's anything else you'd like to share, you can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. All the best.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 English Reviews