Remington Hotels Employee Reviews about "corporate office"

Updated 12 Feb 2020

4.1
Remington Hotels President and CEO Sloan Dean
Sloan Dean
Pros
  • "They are a great company to work for(in 15 reviews)

• "The company has clear objectives and bonus criteria as it operates off a balanced scorecard (The 5 Drivers)(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper Management lives in an Ivory Tower and only pretends to listen to the concerns of the team(in 12 reviews)

• "Almost never saw anyone from corporate office(in 11 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "corporate office"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Remington Hotels full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been at Remington for about 3 months and have learned so much. They are a great company to work for. Everyone is really nice and helpful. I have received amazing training from my boss and I couldn’t have asked for a better opportunity. Management is great. This industry is changing but you can tell that Remington is willing to make changes that improve the company. You can tell how much the CEO cares about the company, and I really appreciate that as an employee. If you are thinking about applying here, I would recommend it. They have great health benefits and a fantastic wellness program. We even have a gym at the corporate office. I have really enjoyed my job over the last few months, and I am very thankful I get to learn from all the experienced professionals at Remington.

Cons

Some of the technology could use some improvement but its a very minor problem that I know we are working on solving.

February 17, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! This is exactly the type of experience we want all of our associates to have. We strive to truly foster an environment where our associates feel supported and encouraged, so that they may thrive in every way possible. We are so glad you feel at home here at Remington and look forward to providing you with even more opportunities to grow.

2. "Exciting Company with Emerging Opportunities"

Current Employee - DVP of Sales & Marketing

I have been working at Remington Hotels full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Nice balance of results oriented accountability with employee engagement and recognition. Actively promotes personal growth with opportunities at all levels of hotel and corporate office. New programs in place to support associates wanting to learn and grow within the company.

Cons

Some growth pains but progress is made daily

"Opportunity for Growth"

Current Employee - Vice President of Operations in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Remington Hotels full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Remington offers many advancement opportunities for those in the field and at the corporate office. There is a great support system for individuals who desire this path which makes Remington a great place to build your career!

Cons

Remington had been behind related to technology upgrades, but they are engaged in making improvements which will only increase management's ability to streamline processes and procedures.

"Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Director of Human Resources in New York, NY

I have been working at Remington Hotels full-time for less than a year

Pros

I recently joined Remington. Remington has done a great job bringing together a great group of professionals. This property has immense potential for success! The Executive Team does a great job in being approachable and showing true interest in the associate and their success with the company. Everyone in the corporate office is approachable and willing to help which is always welcomed from a recent acquisition.

Cons

As with any transition into a new market, there will be challenges. Remington is doing a good job in keeping its team updated and with plenty of support.

April 23, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your experience working with us! We greatly appreciate all your hard work and contributions! If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback, we would be happy to continue the conversation. Feel free to email us at feedback@remingtonhotels.com and we will get back to you soon! Best wishes.

"Awesome company to work for!"

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Remington Hotels full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Remington is an experienced company that cares about their employees. I am provided with the key resources, support and tools to perform in my job. The executive leadership at the corporate office and property level have implemented great programs that focus on the associate.

Cons

There are no downsides to working at Remington.

August 20, 2018Human Resources

We are pleased to hear that you’ve had a great experience with us! We are always available should you need anything. If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback about training and development, we would be happy to continue the conversation. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Best regards.

"Under New Management"

I worked at Remington Hotels full-time

Pros

The biggest pro is that the new president is forward thinking and at least seems to be somewhat concerned with the people on property. He's also open to new ideas if data doesn't support his preconceived notions. Corporate office is so behind technologically that you'll have plenty of opportunity to learn new skills as new technology is being introduced as well as make a name for yourself by introducing new reporting Ashford typically gives out stock to Remington corporate associates

Cons

HR clearly doesn't abide by the ethical guiding principle. Almost all of the 5 star reviews for the last 6 months are from GMs and VPs as there has been a company wide initiative to increase the company's reputation. It was in the lower 2s in November 2017. Most reviews after November 2017 should be taken with a grain of salt Company's technology is awful. Financials and databases are done almost exclusively in Excel Bonuses at the corporate level are almost exclusively for VPs and above Remington makes it extremely difficult for hotel staff to earn bonuses. This as well as lower pay resulted in a ton of turnover. This may be changing with the new president It was definitely an old boys club until January

May 23, 2018Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for sharing your perspective. We think our stock offerings are great and agree our new COO is forward thinking and cares a lot about the people in our organization! We frequently hear from job candidates they are very interested in the positive things that Remington is doing to engage and retain talented candidates and employees and to that end, we invite our associates (at all levels of the organization) to share their experiences on GlassDoor (and other sites as well). While HR does NOT solicit five star reviews, we certainly appreciate all of the feedback we have received, both positive and constructive. It helps us build on our strengths and learn from our opportunities. Respectfully, Kim Burak, SVP of HR

"Much better companies out there"

2.0

I worked at Remington Hotels full-time

Pros

Experience gained at company Remington is really trying to become more forward thinking and changing in the world of hospitality

Cons

Almost never saw anyone from corporate office Management at hotel level Unfair treatment Bullying culture

April 30, 2018Human Resources

We are sorry to learn that your experience with your work environment has been less than positive. It’s very important to us that we foster a workplace that is positive and productive for all employees. If you are willing to send us an email, we would love to hear more about your experience and any ways in which you think we could improve the work environment for the future. Please send us a message to feedback@remingtonhotels.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you.

"Think Twice, Remington is Not Everyone's Cup of Tea"

1.0
    Former Employee - Front Desk

I worked at Remington Hotels full-time for more than a year

Pros

Honestly, there is very little I can say is a positive.

Cons

Everything is managed from the Corporate Office in Dallas. All essential decisions have to be funneled up to the President of the company so decisions are achingly slow. All pay rates/scales are also handled at the Corporate office in Dallas. Starting pay rates are starting pay rates, no negotiations. If you want a higher starting pay, it requires an effort akin to an Act of Congress. Specifically, you have to get your local competitors pay then submit it up the chain, again to the President for approval. He physically signs the document and it is sent back to the hotel for record keeping. And if you don't have that physical signoff on file during an audit, you get in all kinds of trouble. Let's move on to benefits. Their insurance plan has no office visit co-pays. It is 100% you responsibility to pay out of pocket until you hit your annual deductible. Yes, there is an HSA for some of that, so there is a positive I should have put up top. Moving on, other cons. They deliver your room service in paper grocery type bags. Yes, paper Whole Foods type paper bags. I mean come on, I might expect that at a Motel 6, but in some of the brands they manage?? i.e. Marriott, Hilton, etc No ice machines in any guest area. You can order it from room service or get it from their grab and go market. Cheesy, very cheesy. Promotions are financially not worth taking. There is an increase % you can get and that is it. So, IF you make the decision to come here, get your title or experience and move on because that's what most do.

March 22, 2018Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to give us this detailed feedback. Responding to employees’ concerns is important to us, especially in terms of creating a friendly work environment for the future. If you have any additional comments about how we can improve, please email feedback@remingtonhotels.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you.

"Unethical Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Remington Hotels full-time for more than a year

Pros

Large cubicle size, free Starbucks coffee and snacks in break room, fellow co-workers are nice

Cons

- Unethical. One of the guiding principles the company says they stand for is to be Ethical. -The CEO and a few higher ups routinely break guiding principles and expect the same for the people under them. You will be punished if you choose to take the ethical route. - Can only watch Fox News in the breakroom, do not change the channel or you will be reprimanded (the CEO is a conservative Christian) - The corporate office wouldn't be a bad place to work, but the higher ups make it a place where you dread going to work everyday because of micromanagement.

January 9, 2018Human Resources

Thank you for voicing your concern. We constantly strive to have a company that rewards great work and inspires employees to believe in our vision. Giving employees the resources they need to find success is a critical part of our mission. Ethics is something that we take very seriously. We even require every new hire to attend a class that stresses the importance of ALL our guiding principles. We go to great lengths to address any reports of unethical behavior, and the steps for reporting any concerns are posted in our break room. This is a top-down initiative, starting with our CEO. We appreciate the diversity of our employee's views, and cultivating a respectful environment for all view points is vital. Given the opportunity, I would like to hear more from you about your experience and ways in which we can change this perception about our company. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

"My career is in the hands of idiots!"

1.0
    Current Employee - Front Desk Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Remington Hotels full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love my coworkers....enjoy my managers. They are empathetic and doing the best they can. They live and die by the " we need to make flow" rule. Which means they take my shifts when business is down to attempt to meet margins.

Cons

The corporate office is hopelessly inept. My previous hotel looked forward to visits from corporate because it meant encouragement and support: Now the DVP arrived and scares my managers with just ridiculous statements about how many books he has sold and how many speaking engagements he has. We see through the phoniness . Frankly any boss who suggests to me to read his updates in linked in is not worth working for.

March 24, 2018Human Resources

We are sorry to learn that your experience with some of your fellow employees has been less than positive. It’s important to us to foster a workplace that is positive and productive for employees at all levels. If you have time, we would love to hear about your experiences and any additional ways you think we could improve the environment. Please email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Best regards.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 English Reviews