Remington Hotels Employee Reviews about "corporate office"

Updated Feb 12, 2020

Found 7 of over 430 reviews

4.0
Remington Hotels President and CEO Sloan Dean
Sloan Dean
Pros
  • "They are a great company to work for(in 15 reviews)

• "Work/life balance is the best I’ve experienced(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Remington is having to make tremendous changes in order to make up for having operated differently in the past(in 48 reviews)

• "Not enough time to visit all of their hotels(in 33 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "corporate office"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent Company

Feb 12, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been at Remington for about 3 months and have learned so much. They are a great company to work for. Everyone is really nice and helpful. I have received amazing training from my boss and I couldn’t have asked for a better opportunity. Management is great. This industry is changing but you can tell that Remington is willing to make changes that improve the company. You can tell how much the CEO cares about the company, and I really appreciate that as an employee. If you are thinking about applying here, I would recommend it. They have great health benefits and a fantastic wellness program. We even have a gym at the corporate office. I have really enjoyed my job over the last few months, and I am very thankful I get to learn from all the experienced professionals at Remington.

Cons

Some of the technology could use some improvement but its a very minor problem that I know we are working on solving.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! This is exactly the type of experience we want all of our associates to have. We strive to truly foster an environment where our associates feel supported and encouraged, so that they may thrive in every way possible. We are so glad you feel at home here at Remington and look forward to providing you with even more opportunities to grow.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Exciting Company with Emerging Opportunities

Jan 21, 2020 - DVP of Sales & Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice balance of results oriented accountability with employee engagement and recognition. Actively promotes personal growth with opportunities at all levels of hotel and corporate office. New programs in place to support associates wanting to learn and grow within the company.

Cons

Some growth pains but progress is made daily

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Opportunity for Growth

Oct 22, 2019 - Vice President of Operations in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remington offers many advancement opportunities for those in the field and at the corporate office. There is a great support system for individuals who desire this path which makes Remington a great place to build your career!

Cons

Remington had been behind related to technology upgrades, but they are engaged in making improvements which will only increase management's ability to streamline processes and procedures.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company to work for!

Apr 8, 2019 - Director of Human Resources in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I recently joined Remington. Remington has done a great job bringing together a great group of professionals. This property has immense potential for success! The Executive Team does a great job in being approachable and showing true interest in the associate and their success with the company. Everyone in the corporate office is approachable and willing to help which is always welcomed from a recent acquisition.

Cons

As with any transition into a new market, there will be challenges. Remington is doing a good job in keeping its team updated and with plenty of support.

2 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your experience working with us! We greatly appreciate all your hard work and contributions! If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback, we would be happy to continue the conversation. Feel free to email us at feedback@remingtonhotels.com and we will get back to you soon! Best wishes.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Awesome company to work for!

Aug 15, 2018 - Sales in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remington is an experienced company that cares about their employees. I am provided with the key resources, support and tools to perform in my job. The executive leadership at the corporate office and property level have implemented great programs that focus on the associate.

Cons

There are no downsides to working at Remington.

4 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

We are pleased to hear that you’ve had a great experience with us! We are always available should you need anything. If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback about training and development, we would be happy to continue the conversation. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Best regards.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee

Under New Management

May 16, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The biggest pro is that the new president is forward thinking and at least seems to be somewhat concerned with the people on property. He's also open to new ideas if data doesn't support his preconceived notions. Corporate office is so behind technologically that you'll have plenty of opportunity to learn new skills as new technology is being introduced as well as make a name for yourself by introducing new reporting Ashford typically gives out stock to Remington corporate associates

Cons

HR clearly doesn't abide by the ethical guiding principle. Almost all of the 5 star reviews for the last 6 months are from GMs and VPs as there has been a company wide initiative to increase the company's reputation. It was in the lower 2s in November 2017. Most reviews after November 2017 should be taken with a grain of salt Company's technology is awful. Financials and databases are done almost exclusively in Excel Bonuses at the corporate level are almost exclusively for VPs and above Remington makes it extremely difficult for hotel staff to earn bonuses. This as well as lower pay resulted in a ton of turnover. This may be changing with the new president It was definitely an old boys club until January

11 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for sharing your perspective. We think our stock offerings are great and agree our new COO is forward thinking and cares a lot about the people in our organization! We frequently hear from job candidates they are very interested in the positive things that Remington is doing to engage and retain talented candidates and employees and to that end, we invite our associates (at all levels of the organization) to share their experiences on GlassDoor (and other sites as well). While HR does NOT solicit five star reviews, we certainly appreciate all of the feedback we have received, both positive and constructive. It helps us build on our strengths and learn from our opportunities. Respectfully, Kim Burak, SVP of HR

7. 2.0
      Former Employee

Good people, bad corporate management.

Sep 15, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, benefits, bonus ok. In general the people on the property level are great. It's the corporate office that is the problem.

Cons

Don't expect to have a life. Lots of pressure from corporate.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. Responding to employees’ concerns and thoughts should absolutely be a top priority. We would like to hear more from you about your experience with us and ways in which we can improve. Feel free to email feedback@remingtonhotels.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Best wishes.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews