Remington Hotels Employee Reviews about "great company"

Updated 12 Feb 2020

4.1
Remington Hotels President and CEO Sloan Dean
Sloan Dean
Pros
  • "They are a great company to work for(in 15 reviews)

• "The company has clear objectives and bonus criteria as it operates off a balanced scorecard (The 5 Drivers)(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper Management lives in an Ivory Tower and only pretends to listen to the concerns of the team(in 12 reviews)

• "Almost never saw anyone from corporate office(in 11 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great company"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Remington Hotels full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been at Remington for about 3 months and have learned so much. They are a great company to work for. Everyone is really nice and helpful. I have received amazing training from my boss and I couldn’t have asked for a better opportunity. Management is great. This industry is changing but you can tell that Remington is willing to make changes that improve the company. You can tell how much the CEO cares about the company, and I really appreciate that as an employee. If you are thinking about applying here, I would recommend it. They have great health benefits and a fantastic wellness program. We even have a gym at the corporate office. I have really enjoyed my job over the last few months, and I am very thankful I get to learn from all the experienced professionals at Remington.

Cons

Some of the technology could use some improvement but its a very minor problem that I know we are working on solving.

February 17, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! This is exactly the type of experience we want all of our associates to have. We strive to truly foster an environment where our associates feel supported and encouraged, so that they may thrive in every way possible. We are so glad you feel at home here at Remington and look forward to providing you with even more opportunities to grow.

"Career advancement & Positive Change"

Current Employee - General Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Remington Hotels full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to work for with career advancement. COO has made positive changes that have been exciting. Support from DVP's has been amazing.

Cons

Benefits could be more competitive.

"Great company for career advancement and growth"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Remington Hotels full-time

Pros

As mentioned in the headline, it's a great company to advance your career in the hospitality industry. Plenty of training and support provided. Amazing management team!

Cons

Remington is not the highest paying hotel management company, they're not the lowest either, they just float somewhere in the middle.

January 24, 2019Human Resources

Thank you so much for leaving us a review. We are happy to hear that you’ve had a great experience working with us! We are always available should you need anything. If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback about your experience, we would be happy to continue the conversation. Please email feedback@remingtonhotels.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can. Best regards.

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Remington Hotels full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Company to work for.

Cons

Must be located in Dallas for career advancement

August 20, 2018Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback, we’re glad to hear that you’re enjoying your time at Remington! We are pleased to hear that you enjoy working with us! If you would like to provide additional feedback, we would be happy to continue the conversation. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Best wishes.

"Great time to join Remington Hotels!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Remington Hotels full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Remington Hotels is a great company to learn grow in. They are upfront about the expectations, and they offer a lot of structure. -Senior leadership are approachable and supportive. -It is a great time to be part of Remington Hotels with a lot of new initiatives focused on improving the associate experience.

Cons

Somewhat limited flexibility to adapt to changes in local market needs.

May 14, 2018Human Resources

We are pleased to hear that you think Remington is a great company to grow in and that you’re enjoying the initiatives we have in place! If you have additional questions, comments, or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us via email at feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Best wishes.

"Great Company!"

I have been working at Remington Hotels full-time

Pros

Great company with great opportunities and benefits.

Cons

No cons to list in my experience with the company.

February 20, 2018Human Resources

We're glad to hear that you've enjoyed your time with Remington. Giving employees opportunities for professional growth is always for which we strive. If you'd like to add anything else to the conversation, you can email us at glassdoor@remingtonhotels.com. Take care.

"DOE"

I have been working at Remington Hotels full-time

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Long hours and long commute

February 20, 2018Human Resources

We're glad to hear that you've had a great experience with us. Alas, the commute is out of our control, but if there is anything else that we can help with, please let us know. Best regards.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Remington Hotels full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company that is competitive with a high level of integrity. Company also has great ability for advancement.

Cons

Good company overall no complaints.

January 26, 2018Human Resources

Integrity is key in our business, and we're happy you've found us living up to that ideal! We are always available should you need anything. If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback, we would be happy to continue the conversation. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. All the best.

"HR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Remington Hotels full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to work for , what the company did to help associates when Hurricane Harvey happened spoke volumes about the company. In addition, the things they do for the associates like giving a Turkey out for the holidays and giving the associates a gift card for back to school time.

Cons

The company knows that it doesn't pay well, and retention in an opportunity so why don't we try to cut in some places to raise wages, to hold on to great talent.

January 26, 2018Human Resources

Thank you for voicing your concern. We constantly strive to have a company that rewards great work and inspires employees to believe in our vision. Giving employees the resources they need to find success is a critical part of our mission. Given the opportunity, I would like to hear more from you about your experience and ways in which we can change this perception about our company. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Best regards.

10. "Past Employee"

I worked at Remington Hotels

Pros

Great company, good cohesion of ideas from all brands/hotels

Cons

Some lower end hotel do not get the exposure and or dollars to improve, which is typical

June 17, 2018Human Resources

Hi, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased to hear that you’ve had a great experience with us and that you’re enjoying the exchange of ideas from all brands and hotels! If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback, we would be happy to continue the conversation by email at feedback@remingtonhotels.com. Best wishes.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 English Reviews