Remington Hotels Employee Reviews about "great company"

Updated Feb 12, 2020

Found 15 of over 430 reviews

4.0
Remington Hotels President and CEO Sloan Dean
Sloan Dean
Pros
  • "They are a great company to work for(in 15 reviews)

• "Work/life balance is the best I’ve experienced(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Remington is having to make tremendous changes in order to make up for having operated differently in the past(in 48 reviews)

• "Not enough time to visit all of their hotels(in 33 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great company"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent Company

Feb 12, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been at Remington for about 3 months and have learned so much. They are a great company to work for. Everyone is really nice and helpful. I have received amazing training from my boss and I couldn’t have asked for a better opportunity. Management is great. This industry is changing but you can tell that Remington is willing to make changes that improve the company. You can tell how much the CEO cares about the company, and I really appreciate that as an employee. If you are thinking about applying here, I would recommend it. They have great health benefits and a fantastic wellness program. We even have a gym at the corporate office. I have really enjoyed my job over the last few months, and I am very thankful I get to learn from all the experienced professionals at Remington.

Cons

Some of the technology could use some improvement but its a very minor problem that I know we are working on solving.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! This is exactly the type of experience we want all of our associates to have. We strive to truly foster an environment where our associates feel supported and encouraged, so that they may thrive in every way possible. We are so glad you feel at home here at Remington and look forward to providing you with even more opportunities to grow.

2. 5.0

Career advancement & Positive Change

Sep 13, 2019 - General Manager in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for with career advancement. COO has made positive changes that have been exciting. Support from DVP's has been amazing.

Cons

Benefits could be more competitive.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company for career advancement and growth

Jan 20, 2019 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

As mentioned in the headline, it's a great company to advance your career in the hospitality industry. Plenty of training and support provided. Amazing management team!

Cons

Remington is not the highest paying hotel management company, they're not the lowest either, they just float somewhere in the middle.

Human Resources

Thank you so much for leaving us a review. We are happy to hear that you’ve had a great experience working with us! We are always available should you need anything. If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback about your experience, we would be happy to continue the conversation. Please email feedback@remingtonhotels.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can. Best regards.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Project Manager

Aug 14, 2018 - Project Manager in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Company to work for.

Cons

Must be located in Dallas for career advancement

Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback, we’re glad to hear that you’re enjoying your time at Remington! We are pleased to hear that you enjoy working with us! If you would like to provide additional feedback, we would be happy to continue the conversation. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Best wishes.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great time to join Remington Hotels!

May 11, 2018 - Human Resources in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Remington Hotels is a great company to learn grow in. They are upfront about the expectations, and they offer a lot of structure. -Senior leadership are approachable and supportive. -It is a great time to be part of Remington Hotels with a lot of new initiatives focused on improving the associate experience.

Cons

Somewhat limited flexibility to adapt to changes in local market needs.

2 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

We are pleased to hear that you think Remington is a great company to grow in and that you’re enjoying the initiatives we have in place! If you have additional questions, comments, or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us via email at feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Best wishes.

6. 5.0

Great Company!

Feb 15, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with great opportunities and benefits.

Cons

No cons to list in my experience with the company.

3 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

We're glad to hear that you've enjoyed your time with Remington. Giving employees opportunities for professional growth is always for which we strive. If you'd like to add anything else to the conversation, you can email us at glassdoor@remingtonhotels.com. Take care.

7. 5.0

DOE

Feb 2, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Long hours and long commute

3 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

We're glad to hear that you've had a great experience with us. Alas, the commute is out of our control, but if there is anything else that we can help with, please let us know. Best regards.

8. 5.0

Great Company

Jan 24, 2018 - General Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company that is competitive with a high level of integrity. Company also has great ability for advancement.

Cons

Good company overall no complaints.

2 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

Integrity is key in our business, and we're happy you've found us living up to that ideal! We are always available should you need anything. If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback, we would be happy to continue the conversation. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. All the best.

9. 3.0

HR

Jan 24, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for , what the company did to help associates when Hurricane Harvey happened spoke volumes about the company. In addition, the things they do for the associates like giving a Turkey out for the holidays and giving the associates a gift card for back to school time.

Cons

The company knows that it doesn't pay well, and retention in an opportunity so why don't we try to cut in some places to raise wages, to hold on to great talent.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thank you for voicing your concern. We constantly strive to have a company that rewards great work and inspires employees to believe in our vision. Giving employees the resources they need to find success is a critical part of our mission. Given the opportunity, I would like to hear more from you about your experience and ways in which we can change this perception about our company. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Best regards.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee

Past Employee

Apr 29, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, good cohesion of ideas from all brands/hotels

Cons

Some lower end hotel do not get the exposure and or dollars to improve, which is typical

Be the first to find this review helpful

Human Resources

Hi, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased to hear that you’ve had a great experience with us and that you’re enjoying the exchange of ideas from all brands and hotels! If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback, we would be happy to continue the conversation by email at feedback@remingtonhotels.com. Best wishes.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews