Remington Hotels Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 2 Sep 2020

4.1
Remington Hotels President and CEO Sloan Dean
Sloan Dean
Pros
  • "They are a great company to work for(in 15 reviews)

• "The company has clear objectives and bonus criteria as it operates off a balanced scorecard (The 5 Drivers)(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper Management lives in an Ivory Tower and only pretends to listen to the concerns of the team(in 12 reviews)

• "Almost never saw anyone from corporate office(in 11 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. COVID-19

"Stay Away!"

Current Employee - Front Office Manager

I have been working at Remington Hotels full-time for more than a year

Pros

None that out weigh selling your soul to this company

Cons

Low pay for the amount of work demanded Upper management is dishonest Corporate doesn't care about the front line workers Profits over people If it's not in writing they will flat out lie and say it never was agreed upon It's a "boy's club" Vacation and sick time not accessible until after 1 year of employment Safety during Covid isn't as much as a concern as trying to turn a profit

Continue reading

"Worst Professional Experience So Far"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Remington Hotels full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent Hours, Competitive Pay, Different-Ever-Day Atmosphere, Learned a lot about how much stress I could handle. Good Bonus Structure for Sales.

Cons

Upper Management lives in an Ivory Tower and only pretends to listen to the concerns of the team. Your hotel will literally be understaffed the ENTIRE time you work there. The company teaches greed, arrogance, & dishonesty as it's core values. Your working environment will never be cohesive and turnover is crazy high - even for the Hospo industry. Also, the bonuses will be good but if you make it to the Sales Awards Trip, don't expect them to shell out more they have to. In fact, don't expect them to shell out more than they absolutely have to for ANYTHING - professional development, staffing, temporary labor, building maintenance, etc. Only one thing matters to Remington and that is profit. No matter the human cost. I could go on about ignoring harassment complaints, upper management's craft way of expecting you to have THE solution in mind when you come to them with a problem, and many others but I won't. I'm sure one or two properties int he portfolio are better than the experience I had...but think twice before you work here.

February 11, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. However, we are sad to hear that you were dissatisfied with certain areas of the company. We try to be transparent about how the company works, and help managers respond to employees’ concerns and thoughts as they come up. In addition to being tenacious, profitable, engaging and innovative, being ethical is one of our guiding principles; and we rely on the integrity of our associates to report any unethical behavior, especially as it concerns those in leadership positions. We have many avenues to report and share information: local and regional leaders, HR leaders as well as an Ethicspoint hotline (www.ashford.ethicspoint.com ). Given the opportunity, we would like to hear additional details about your experience so that we can turn this around. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Reports can also be made anonymously at the aforementioned website and it will be promptly investigated.

"Lay-Offs 2 weeks before Christmas!"

Former Employee - Former Manager

I worked at Remington Hotels full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get paid if you come to work

Cons

After working as a Manager for Remington Hotels for over 3 years I have seen many employees come and go. This year Remington chose to lay off many employees and managers right before the Holidays. Many employees and Managers are dedicated to their positions and give many hours to the company and work hard. Remington really only cares about numbers and lining their own pockets instead of caring about dedication. They cheat and lie to make their hotels look good to the large hotel brands. Day in and day out I was told to complete system manipulations by entering fake email addresses to complete favorable surveys to make the hotel look good. This is a common practice within upper management. Where is the integrity of that?

December 16, 2019Human Resources

First of all, thank you for your service and time spent at Remington. There is never a good time for eliminations to be made and it's always a difficult decision. Unfortunately, in order for us to remain competitive in a flat market industry, this was something we reluctantly had to do. Your feedback is most concerning and it would be important for us to know more about it. Being ethical is one of our guiding principles and we rely on the integrity of our associates to report any unethical behavior, especially as it concerns those in leadership positions. We have many avenues to report and share information: local and regional leaders, HR leaders as well as an Ethicspoint hotline (www.ashford.ethicspoint.com ). Given the opportunity, we would like to hear additional details about your experience so that we can turn this around. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Reports can also be made anonymously at the aforementioned website and it will be promptly investigated.

"Overworked, Underappreciated With No Redemption"

I worked at Remington Hotels full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I received a regular paycheck.

Cons

Remington puts as much care into their employees as they do into their cookie cutter, repetitive, copy/paste responses on Glassdoor reviews. Upper management could not care less about anyone beneath them. They only consider you worthy of their time and energy if you can produce revenue that makes them look good. Directors are arrogant, hyper-critical micromanagers who give no thought to your mental or emotional well-being and demand outrageous amounts of production with absolutely no work/life balance and way less than average pay and benefits. There is no room for career growth and personal development is not encouraged. The culture breeds misogyny, hypocrisy and pessimism. If you want to feel belittled, misguided, confused and patronized, this is the place for you.

May 30, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. While responses to company reviews can at times seem repetitive, we are very appreciative of all feedback received and take responding to reviews very seriously. It is no secret that Remington associates give their all to help bring success to the entire company. We work hard and we’re proud of what we accomplish together. We also know our associates want to grow. As a result, we’ve created several new benefits and educational programs with that in mind. We are constantly evaluating the current state of things and ask ourselves where we can do better. From performance incentives to benefits, we really do strive to create a culture our associates want to be a part of and where they feel rewarded. You’ve stated some things that indicate there were specific instances in which you felt unappreciated. We would love the opportunity to address your specific concerns. Please feel free to reach out to us at feedback@remingtonhotels.com and we would be happy to engage with you in exploring these issues further.

"Extremely Happy with this Company"

5.0

I have been working at Remington Hotels part-time

Pros

The people truly make this company! They are super friendly and willing to help out all the time. Remington also has great events and benefits that make employees engaged and happy. Pay is competitive for the industry. Upper management helps guide/lead you in your role and they promote within.

Cons

Honestly happy with the company and the positions I have had with Remington.

December 17, 2018Human Resources

Thank you for leaving a thoughtful review. We are pleased to hear that you’ve had a great experience with us! We are always available should you need anything. If you have additional thoughts or feedback, we would be happy to continue the conversation via email at feedback@remingtonhotels.com. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Best regards.

"Onward and Upward!"

5.0
    Current Employee - General Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Remington Hotels full-time for less than a year

Pros

Remington is a company that manages using 5 drivers. With these drivers you know what is expected of you. I have learned a lot and have already advanced in the 2 years that I have been with the company. The company makes you feel that you are in charge of your destiny and hotel and supports you with hands on managing and suggestions. Remington gives you the tools to help you and your hotel become successful. There is a lot of support for you in this company everyone up to the owners and upper management want you to succeed.

Cons

Pay can always be better but there are no others that I can think of.

February 13, 2018Human Resources

We are pleased to hear that you’ve had a great experience with us, and we will certainly strive to continue supporting managers in any and every way possible. Your feedback helps us grow and improve. If there's anything else you'd like to share, you can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. All the best.

"Don't do it!!!!"

Former Employee - General Manager in Miami, FL
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Remington Hotels full-time for less than a year

Pros

They want you to think you are part of something BIG, although they never care about your well-being as hard & smart as you work.

Cons

Alot of talk in the beginning about how great the company is to work for. Come to find later on that they will drop you without hesitation in an upper management role. Had alot of "I told you so" comments from fellow Colleagues when it was all over. One of the worst management companies I have ever worked for in my past 25 years in this industry. Once they have used you & your experience & 7 days a week dedication, they spit you out as if you never existed.

March 9, 2018Human Resources

We’re sorry that you didn’t have a great experience with us, but appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. We would like to hear more from you about your experience with us and ways in which we can improve our management system. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Best regards.

"The unemployment line is a better option!"

I worked at Remington Hotels full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You will meet hardworking people who will help get you a better job if they leave before you! Roll the dice and wait for a better offer - don't bet on this company, you'll lose.

Cons

If you want to be overworked, underpaid, and treated very poorly this is the company for you. If you have ethics, and like to do things the right way, you won't last. Consider selling your soul to the devil before applying - it's a better option than the supremely poor management of this company. It's a total shame how they let all of their associates be treated just to make a buck. Upper management 100% supports & encourages the corruption!

March 24, 2018Human Resources

First of all, thank you for your three years of dedicated service to us. Although you didn’t have a positive experience working for us, we value the time you took to leave a review. Responding to employees’ thoughts and concerns is one of our top priorities. If you have additional questions, comments or concerns, please email feedback@remingtonhotels.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Best wishes.

"All pompous talk with no integrity."

Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Remington Hotels full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good bonus package. Good training opportunities. Other than that nothing else is positive. Poor pay scale.

Cons

Upper Management doesn't care nor do they know what goes on. Non-confidential managers that sneak and lie. Double standards. One of the worst companies I've ever worked for. CEO cones across as narcissistic.

March 22, 2018Human Resources

We are pleased to hear that you’ve had a great experience with our training program! However, we are sorry to learn that your experience with fellow employees and the overall work environment has been less than positive for you. It’s very important to us to foster a workplace that is positive and productive. If you would like to provide any additional comments that will help us to improve, please email feedback@remingtonhotels.com. Thank you.

"Mixed bag, but mostly good"

Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Remington Hotels full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My first Divisional Vice President was great. Upper management was there for you when you needed it. A lot of autonomy to run your property. Solid benefits.

Cons

Wages are lower then the market. Experience really depends on your DVP. One was great for me, the other was not as polished and made the job harder. Lots of turnover.

October 10, 2017Recruiting Coordinator

We are sorry to learn that your experience with fellow employees and the work environment has been less than positive. It’s very important to us to foster a workplace that is positive and productive. If you have time, we would love to hear about your experience and any ways in which you think we could improve the work environment for all employees. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Best regards.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 English Reviews