RetailOn Employee Reviews about "magento"

Updated 19 Mar 2016

2.8
RetailOn CEO  Ramesh Kumar (no image)
Ramesh Kumar
Pros
  • "You gota learn a lot but mainly in the ecommerce with magento only(in 8 reviews)

• "You will be getting the opportunity to work on the well known e-commerce platform Magento, which will be a great advantage for your future(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "And I wish to make a note here "Its a technology company " with no-electricity and internet connection for 30-40% of working hours(in 4 reviews)

• "time no(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "magento"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Its a journey of building a Brand, learning Soft skills and living up to Customers expectation

11 Oct 2015 - Magento Certified Lead Developer in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was excited and nervous when I got my first project in Magento Enterprise. Company has asked me to work on client location. I have been trained on soft skills mostly on how to manage transformation in culture. This training has given me different prospective to understand business along with code. Its a lots of responsibility in short period of time. Today I am proud to see the client success. I am happy to see the full page news paper add in Economic Times about brands, I have worked with.

Cons

In first glance it is hard to understand why Technical people are being trained in soft skill as this should be MBA's Job. After 6 months, it has given me a lots of confidence. Looking back it has influenced my approach towards how to prioritise communication over code.

3 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Worth contributing to the fastest growing e-commerce developing compamy

5 Oct 2015 - Magento Developer in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm a part of RetailOn from more than 1.5 year and I've joined here as a fresher and today with no doubt I can say, RetailOn is one the best company from learning perspective. You will be getting the opportunity to work on the well known e-commerce platform Magento, which will be a great advantage for your future. While working in aRetailOn I'm getting a sense of ownership, responsibility, opportunities, recognition and helpful colleagues all around me. Everyone is so nice and very welcoming. There is a huge improvement in infrastructure, higher management, number of projects in last one year. I must say it is one of the fastest growing e-commerce company with a bright future. I cannot wait to grow with this amazing company and see where it takes me!

Cons

You will be filling a bit of work pressure but it is worth learning something today rather than struggling with it tomorrow and HARD WORK PAYS BACK :)

6 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Challenge yourself beyond limits

11 Oct 2015 - Lead Developer in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with the company since the days of inception and I have seen the company scale from ground zero to where it is today. It gives an immense sense of pride to see how my contribution has resulted in the growth of the company. I have personally also grown a lot with the company by working very closely with both the upper management and the development team. Have learnt many nuisances of team work and client management practices. The best part is you can switch technology/departments to learn other facets of projects. I worked on Magento, then on Prestashop, then phonegap then complex javascript frameworks. So everyday is a new challenge that pushes us to strive for excellence.

Cons

Some processes like payroll, leave approval need to be put into practice as we are growing now and need to standardise with respect to other companies.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Learning, Growth, Exposure and Happiness :)

7 Oct 2015 - Lead Magento Developer in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learning: I have worked on full cycle project starting from requirement gathering, Mockup designs, Customer communication to Development and Testing. Growth: I have started as Senior Magento Developer and Now I am Tech Lead Exposure: I worked for inhouse project, on site on client location. Happiness: I am happy to see the TV commercials of the brand which I have worked with.

Cons

Long Working hours: Company has 9:00 to 7:30 as working hour however I have worked late night on weekends. I am unmarried and I have nothing much to do on weekend.

4 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Worst place to work ... no working culture

19 Mar 2016 - Magento Developer in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

You gota learn a lot but mainly in the ecommerce with magento only .

Cons

Salary delayed even for months and huge deduction in salary even if you worked day and night . And one awsome deduction as profarmance banous ....

2 people found this review helpful