Revel Systems Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Greg Dukat

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Unlimited vacation, snacks, free lunch" (in 33 reviews)

• "Great team building and great morale due to the growth of the company" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance can become a problem if you let it" (in 18 reviews)

• "Long hours as is at any startup" (in 19 reviews)

"Lots of input, not a whole lot of output"

Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate
    Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate

I worked at Revel Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- It's a smaller company so your voice and opinion has potential to make a difference
    - Lots of room to learn new skills in technology
    - Snacks provided

Cons

- A lot of responsibilities for below-average pay (You'll be doing things most people get paid a lot more for but your title will remain "Fulfillment Associate")
    - Company has a revolving door of ownership, so your future will remain uncertain (I was laid off after new owner shut down my office)
    - Below average annual raises ($.20 - $1.00 if you're lucky)

Advice to Management

Stop hiring investment bankers that look at numbers and throw away the people that built the company. Invest in your people.

"Sales Executive"

I worked at Revel Systems full-time

Pros

Overall met some great people. Originally company had a cool vibe and fun in-office perks like lunch and stocked kitchen.

Cons

Long hours and forced employees to work crazy hours the end of the month. Poor distribution of leads, no true methodology and certain employees were given great opportunities while other left in the dust. Poor customer service making the sales role more of an account manager, help desk and fixing fires.

"Nothing positive about the company"

Former Employee - Client Support Specialist in Vilnius (Lithuania)
    Former Employee - Client Support Specialist in Vilnius (Lithuania)

I worked at Revel Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free meals and rides home during night shift

Cons

Bad management
    They track you and give you problems with further employment opportunities
    Bad equipment witch does not support work load
    Your every step and every word is monitored and recorded
    People who work there do not understand they being brained washed of thinking how revel is best thing in a world
    Their developers rarely fix issues
    No life then working in revel
    While working there I felt like I am going crazy or loosing my mind

Advice to Management

Think on how you tread your employees and clients, because it clear you don't care about feedback.

"Sales & Support"

I worked at Revel Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

extremely supportive colleagues within team, great support from direct manager and supervisor.

Cons

management structure, no room for growth, lied to about commission structure, stock options, and bonus, sales team cheats and bullies ppl

"Going nowhere fast"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Revel Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People, snacks, free lunch. Glassdoor asks to provide 20 words of pros, but I cant come up with more than 4...

Cons

The people that work here are talented and hardworking, but have no direction. Departments are always struggling to get on the same page, support can’t support the product, and clients are never almost always unhappy. The turnover rate is incredible. The company has almost cut in size due to unhappy employees. The sales team is highly talented, but there is no one to support them or their clients after the sale is made. Whenever I see Revel working in a restaurant it’s sad how shocked I am.

Advice to Management

Bring back the culture Revel once had. If your employees are happy, everything else will fall into place. To the new management - make more time to spend with YOUR employees.

"Don’t do it .."

Current Employee - Tier I Support Representative in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Tier I Support Representative in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunches when I was there, no longer the case now..

Cons

Supervisor is a complete joke, system pushed out updates that implement new features without addressing current issues so it’s more garbage on top of garbage, crazy micromanaging apparently this has been the case after CEO got let go, phone software has absolutely no means of letting you take desired restroom breaks so they offer ridiculious solutions to remedy that problem simply don’t go to the bathroom more times than you should, however nothing compares to the lack of communication between departments when it comes to forwarding said issues to those departments directly who are assigned those responsibilities and how did they go about fixing this?.. easy instead of hiring more operations department employees they simply handed down a majority of there responsibilities to brand new tier 1 call agents and threw them through an entire week of training to cover those responsibilities.. this is the most absurd means of handling said problem never in my life had I ran into a company that not only removes the ability to get said customer to CSR or Operations that ability simply isn’t there and when the customer can’t get in contact with the right people imagine how they feel ..

Advice to Management

You need a complete overhaul, from your supervisors to your top executives .. denying customers the ability to cancel upon request or simply get in contact with operations or CSR is unacceptable, it makes no sense to push over any other departments responsibilities onto fresh new hires as that is not part of there job description by doing that you are also putting the customer at risk for getting the wrong information or worse delaying the live process due to some serious errors .. tire agents have enough on there plate believe me ..

7. "Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time

Pros

Awesome culture and product for sales to sell. Great people to work with

Cons

Recent changes but outlook seems good

Advice to Management

More transparency and keep the culture lively

"Big Things Happening!"

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The company is making some MAJOR improvements to the way in which they deliver quality product to customers
    - Revel is expanding like crazy, not just in new office locations (i.e. Atlanta) but also in their customer base
    - From the C-suite level downwards, there is a renewed push to hire some of the best and brightest people out there who will help further improve some of the best things about the Revel product

Cons

- The dust will continue to settle as a result of some recent changes in many of the upper management and HR roles. There will be some "growing pains" as the team comes back together and find their best way to operate on a day-to-day basis

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Even when facing stubborn directors/managers who are stuck in their ways of doing things in "suboptimal" (slow and against common best practices) fashion.

"Worst Environment Ever!"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Revel Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch, a few snacks, office was in San Francisco.

Cons

The office was like a fraternity house, plus it was dirty and overcrowded. The management had no clue what they were doing and how to support employees. I think the meaning of micromanagement began here. The product never worked as intended, completing installs was a total nightmare, many unhappy customers. You know it's bad when the CEO and CTO get canned.

Advice to Management

Learn the product, try to support your employees, stop the lying.

"Disheartening, Demotivating and Rapid Changes That Don't Allow You to Adapt"

Former Employee - Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at Revel Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-High Energy Sales Environment.
    -Great Sales Talent to Learn From (Although a large percentage has left).
    -Free Seamless for Lunch which has gone away for Buffet.
    - Comradery on the Sales Team
    -Sales Managers that are always available to answer questions
    -You can prospect in the beginning, but mostly inbound leads.
    -You can only work 40 hours a week. You can't work more than that.

Cons

-Too many drastic changes in a short amount of time. If you were okay with one change, you get hit with another one a month later. Not given notice nor enough time to adjust to it.
    -Low Morale on the SDR team.
    - High Turnover. Considered a veteran if you're there longer then a year.
    -If you don't hit at least 50% of your quota ONE MONTH, you are put on an aggressive Performance Improvement Plan that could get you fired quickly. (I was put on this, got off, but the reps that didn't get off weren't fired??? I feel like it was a double standard).
    -Many approval levels that are put in place to catch your mistakes, but don't. Almost had a commission payout rescinded because manager approvals and sales operations didn't catch an equipment error. Isn't that why there is supposed to be all the approval processes? Stressful situation to make sure my commission payout didn't' get rescinded.

**Bait and switch on the sales team. I was hired as a Sales Executive focused on closing new business. Even though I was hitting my numbers and overachieving quota, I was given an Account Manager position. This was during a restructuring of the sales team. They refused to call it an account manager position. There was no way it wasn't a farming role.
    - Commission plan always changing.
    -The company damaged business relationships which deeply affected the sales team.
    -Low levels of Diversity in Regards to Gender and Ethnicity.
    -Management and Upper Management constantly quitting and leaving.

I wanted to like this company and I wanted to do well here.
    All the changes that were made caused me to change my mind.

Advice to Management

Pigs get fed. Hogs get slaughtered.