Revel Systems Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Greg Dukat

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Free lunch and unlimited supply of snacks is also a nice perk" (in 30 reviews)

• "Free food and additional life insurance" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Maintaining a good work life balance is on you" (in 14 reviews)

• "Long hours as is at any startup" (in 20 reviews)

1. "Great company, Great people"

I worked at Revel Systems full-time

Pros

Lots of flexibility and great office culture

Cons

Culture from San Francisco office can be challenging

"Met some life long friends here!!"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Revel Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learned so much from this startup when it was being managed under Josh Franklin. Had opportunities to travel for work that I would not have had otherwise. The culture started off good and everyone was supportive of each other. It was a good product, trending and easy to use.

Cons

Choice in management was based on favoritism and they are generally bullies. Downsizing APAC region was not dealt with very well, continuously promising that this cut is the only one that will be made but a couple weeks later another department was gone.

Advice to Management

I geniunely hope that things have improved since the IBM take over, wishing you all the best!

3. "Administration"

I worked at Revel Systems full-time

Pros

Fast paced place to work

Cons

long hours and long commute

4. "Sales Exec. UK"

I worked at Revel Systems full-time

Pros

I really enjoyed working there. The team became a family and the management always helped me developing my skills and gave me me fantastic advises. Great work environment.

Cons

Sometimes, especially for the first couple of months, I had to work long hours to hit target.

"Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Revel Systems full-time

Pros

Revel Systems hires exceptional people and it is great to be a part of such an amazing team. Everyone is very helpful and friendly, willing to go an extra mile to help you and the customer.

Cons

Internal processes need to be developed but I guess it is a part of a daily life in every rapidly growing company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

""Back on Track""

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- New, and necessary, sense of focus since management change
    - The company feels like it is on the right track again
    - Great team, culture, change in management and career progression

Cons

- Changes in day to day processes, should become easier but not seen yet
    - Still organizational cleanup to do

Advice to Management

Focus on being transparent and rebuilding trust that was lost in old management

7. "Great opportunity for career growth, excellent support from management, undergoing positive cultural change"

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The CEO Greg Dukat is keenly invested in making Revel’s culture the pinnacle of a good workplace. Excellent hires across the organisation are creating better pay, better benefits, better professional development, to help Revel acquire and maintain the best talent to achieve business goals.

Cons

Revel is still going through a large cultural change so there are still some start up hang ups in processes and individuals.

"Company Environment"

Former Employee - SDR
    Former Employee - SDR

I worked at Revel Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

company environment, fun co-workers, positive.

Cons

Developing sales process that needs some work.

Advice to Management

I worked at Revel Systems and hit the senior level quota right away. I was promised a certain promotional path and then the company went back on their word. I felt a little undervalued in the SDR position.

"All lies, this place is sinking fast!!!"

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some old good fellas that we still enjoy working together

Cons

I saw the last few reviews and decided to clear things out. All these have been posted by management, look how they are trying to give all the credit to the "new management" and even writing a review about the main current "leader", the style is even the same which leads to believe that it's the same person.
    Truth: this place is going down very fast, the sales numbers are not promising but they keep telling us that things are ok every time they give us some BS All Hands. They keep adding some C Level folks like if they have the magic stick and they can turn things around, this is simply enjoying leading a company and bringing the old friends to share the cake while not adding any value, nothing will work believe me and if you want to know the truth simply ask the people that have seen all the changes and lived the good old days.
    Oh and don't you forget that some people have been promoted just because, you can't even understand the reasons. The lady, to not mention names as I respect the rules of posting, that was harassing and sleeping around with other ladies that work here and in return for some favors like forcing their managers to accept them working from "home" while they take off together enjoying the sun in Mexico, the trips to Lithuania together, the love story that they disrespectfully enjoy at a work place, this person that simply talks a lot just to cover how strategically weak she is, has been simply promoted to a C Level? how, well it takes a lot of BS and kissing...
    There is no culture anymore, there is nothing to enjoy in this place. Ah and folks in SF, whatever they tell us, we are all moving to Hotlanta one day if they keep this same strategy, enjoy!

Advice to Management

You have a full "competent" C level team, if you read all the names and titles, I don't think you need my advice since you "know" it all. Good luck messing with the lives of all the people that work for pennies.

"Revel is a joke"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Revel Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I guess the half-stocked kitchen and mediocre catered lunches? I will say I enjoyed working with my immediate team.

Cons

Where to begin? Management is a joke. They keep incompetent managers and directors around, and repeatedly promote people with little to no experience. Those who actually know what they're doing and put in hard work are never rewarded. Favoritism much??

Pay is also laughable. I was promised a promotion and raise, and it took nearly 2 years to see a minor raise (3%). Never once saw the promotion either, despite constantly being promised it would happen soon. The company did, however, have no issues in forcing me take on the role of the manager.

Turn-over rates are impressively bad! People are in and out of that company so fast. Those who do stick it out are usually stuck there, or have made it onto management's good side.

Revel has also continued to hire useless C-Level execs, while ignoring positions that actually need to be filled. The company's priorities when it comes to hiring are insane. People who are left to deal with the vacancies then get burnt out working the job of 3 people, and also leave. I guess their solution is to just hire more execs?

The worst part is probably the lack of innovation. Revel had a great idea years ago, but there's no push to innovate, and now they simply try to mimic Square.

Advice to Management

Quit hiring the morons from NCR. They're taking the company down fast with their antiquated way of thinking. Revel is supposed to be leading the industry, not reverting back to the methods the dinosaurs you're hiring are used to.