Revel Systems Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Scott Betts

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Unlimited vacation, snacks, free lunch (in 30 reviews)

• Great team building and great morale due to the growth of the company (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Maintaining a good work life balance is on you (in 18 reviews)

• It's long hours and to be good you have to work hard over these (in 18 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time

Pros

Awesome culture and product for sales to sell. Great people to work with

Cons

Recent changes but outlook seems good

Advice to Management

More transparency and keep the culture lively

2. "Big Things Happening!"

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The company is making some MAJOR improvements to the way in which they deliver quality product to customers
    - Revel is expanding like crazy, not just in new office locations (i.e. Atlanta) but also in their customer base
    - From the C-suite level downwards, there is a renewed push to hire some of the best and brightest people out there who will help further improve some of the best things about the Revel product

Cons

- The dust will continue to settle as a result of some recent changes in many of the upper management and HR roles. There will be some "growing pains" as the team comes back together and find their best way to operate on a day-to-day basis

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Even when facing stubborn directors/managers who are stuck in their ways of doing things in "suboptimal" (slow and against common best practices) fashion.

3. "Sales Manager Payments"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment very collaborative great place to work

Cons

not enough support to handle all the deals

Advice to Management

Increase support and PTO options

"Disheartening, Demotivating and Rapid Changes That Don't Allow You to Adapt"

Former Employee - Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at Revel Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-High Energy Sales Environment.
    -Great Sales Talent to Learn From (Although a large percentage has left).
    -Free Seamless for Lunch which has gone away for Buffet.
    - Comradery on the Sales Team
    -Sales Managers that are always available to answer questions
    -You can prospect in the beginning, but mostly inbound leads.
    -You can only work 40 hours a week. You can't work more than that.

Cons

-Too many drastic changes in a short amount of time. If you were okay with one change, you get hit with another one a month later. Not given notice nor enough time to adjust to it.
    -Low Morale on the SDR team.
    - High Turnover. Considered a veteran if you're there longer then a year.
    -If you don't hit at least 50% of your quota ONE MONTH, you are put on an aggressive Performance Improvement Plan that could get you fired quickly. (I was put on this, got off, but the reps that didn't get off weren't fired??? I feel like it was a double standard).
    -Many approval levels that are put in place to catch your mistakes, but don't. Almost had a commission payout rescinded because manager approvals and sales operations didn't catch an equipment error. Isn't that why there is supposed to be all the approval processes? Stressful situation to make sure my commission payout didn't' get rescinded.

**Bait and switch on the sales team. I was hired as a Sales Executive focused on closing new business. Even though I was hitting my numbers and overachieving quota, I was given an Account Manager position. This was during a restructuring of the sales team. They refused to call it an account manager position. There was no way it wasn't a farming role.
    - Commission plan always changing.
    -The company damaged business relationships which deeply affected the sales team.
    -Low levels of Diversity in Regards to Gender and Ethnicity.
    -Management and Upper Management constantly quitting and leaving.

I wanted to like this company and I wanted to do well here.
    All the changes that were made caused me to change my mind.

Advice to Management

Pigs get fed. Hogs get slaughtered.

"uncertainty"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong product and some smart employees.

Cons

Company is in the midst of a lot of changes, and hard to tell what it's going to be like

Advice to Management

Stop the "rumor mill" by simply communicating more with your employees. Don't force them to guess what's going on.

"Fun software company to work for with a great product"

Current Employee - Mid Market Sales in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Mid Market Sales in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No territory, no micromanaging, good pay, you don’t have to cold call and all leads are inbound, a lot of autonomy, always learning everyday, company seems to be headed in a positive direction with new upper management

Cons

High turnover in sales, not enough pre or post sales support, company going in many different directions, there are many competitors

Advice to Management

Prepare sales people for changes with more notice. Hire more Sales Engineers.

"Stay Away!"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Revel Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Free lunch and office snacks

Cons

-No leadership/management
    -False promises constantly made
    -Promotions based on favoritism
    -Don't care about customers whatsoever

Advice to Management

Hire new management

"Dying day by day"

I worked at Revel Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

NONE after the new regime took over.

Cons

The C-Level Management Team is completely unqualified for role and market Revel operates in. The changes they have made seem like they are testing things out to see how they would work and are pretty much based on their feelings vs. what is actually good for the company. Extremely disrespectful and racist. If you’re not Caucasian or of American descent, they will not even acknowledge your existence. There have been numerous times where I said hello to them in the elevator when we were both alone and I was simply ignored. Walking down the halls in the office would result in them looking away if they thought that you were trying to even make eye contact. They would make you feel extremely belittled and non-existent.
    The upper management in the HR department – extremely rude, unresponsive and disrespectful when approaching any employees with any new updates. They single handedly influenced a complete divide between the sales organization and the rest of the organization, especially the General Counsel. They completely closed the door on the “open-door” policy in such a way that not only myself but other reps would hesitate going to that department in general.
    The VPs and Directors – are all backstabbers and some of the most disloyal folks (playing the CEO and their teams) I have ever worked with. They make decisions and changes on a limb based on no data or falsified data to get their way, which is usually just benefiting themselves vs. the company or the reps that report to them. Overall most if not all decisions are made off of data that is missing some serious variables, which leads to changing things back after a few months of the concept failing completely. Most VPs are not even there full-time and the ones that pretend that they are at the office full-time, but go work remotely outside of the office at nearby coffee shops to avoid the toxic environment that is now Revel.
    Overall – after the new regime, of predominately white men that took over Revel, it started to sink and it is evident that they do not care for their employees at all. Performance doesn’t mean anything any longer at Revel. It’s all about how you can please the master of the house – the new CEO.
    My advice to all new applicants is to run the opposite direction form Revel as fast as you can. You will not be appreciated, respected or even acknowledged as a human being. Save yourself the headache and look somewhere else for employment as Revel’s toxic environment is crippling the potential it truly has. This is the complete opposite of what it used to be

Advice to Management

My advice is to the board as there is no longer any hope for upper management: Acknowledge that you have made a bad choice on the new CEO. He is completely pulling a curtain over your eyes and hiding the truth from you. Revel is sinking and it’s environment is dangerously toxic. You have people with tenure leaving left and right and yet you fail to see the real reason why – the new CEO

"Technical Support at Revel Systems"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Support Specialist in Vilnius (Lithuania)
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Support Specialist in Vilnius (Lithuania)

I worked at Revel Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great team, a lot of interesting and friendly people.
    - Good salary.
    - Free food and additional life insurance.

Cons

- Every steps is monitored
    - There are cameras tracking what you are doing
    - You can't have your phone on the desk
    - You can't go on break on unscheduled time.
    - Volume of work increasing every month

Advice to Management

Give support team at least a bit of freedom in their working environment. Ask for support opinion before doing the changes in the company, because they can tell you what customer really needs and what would be the best ways to improve.

"Sinking Ship"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Revel Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In San Francisco. Free lunch, but that’s probably gone now too. The coffee was hot, at least for a little.

Cons

Soul Crushing. So much potential, if not for the senior management problems. No clear vision from the top down in terms of where the company is going and very limited effort to explain how working at Revel matters.

Advice to Management

New Management Needed.