Reynolds American Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Nov 12, 2020

Found 116 of over 1,266 reviews

2.4
Reynolds American President and CEO Guy Meldrum
Guy Meldrum
Pros
  • "Great benefits and mobility company car(in 117 reviews)

• "Work life balance is all up to you to plan and organize yourself well(in 85 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance could use some work(in 49 reviews)

• "Our max salary for Territory Managers is the starting salary for our competitors(in 40 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Nov 12, 2020 - Territory Sales Manager in Baltimore, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and mobility company car

Cons

As a TM you can have up to 2 hours of drive time to locations.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Former Employee

Good company with great pay

Nov 10, 2020 - Materials Manager in Winston-Salem, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Transparent and good pay scale Great benefits Bonus ability

Cons

Cliques can form in the company. Not the best communication from the top down.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee

Miss the Old Days

Sep 1, 2020 - Director in Winston-Salem, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get great benefits Very lenient on personal time

Cons

BAT doesn't care about employees the way Reynolds used to.

8 people found this review helpful

Reynolds American Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. There are inevitable shifts to workplace culture and ways of working that will occur. Through these shifts, we continue to prioritize the well being of our people and our commitment to providing a thriving workplace culture. If ever you feel we have not lived up to demonstrating that, we encourage you to have a conversation with your manager or contact Human Resources.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Territory Manager

Nov 30, 2019 - Territory Manager in Spanish Fork, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefits, Great Team Awesome Leadership

Cons

The "succession" or opportunities for advancement is somewhat frustrating.

6 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Going downhill

Oct 25, 2018 - TMIII in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are many pros to the job. Company car, great benefits, 401k match, flexible schedule. Fun place you work if you get a good manager.

Cons

There are also many cons, most which lie with the company and not the job itself. The number 1 complaint is no appreciation for tenured employees. They just announced a salary restructure which will pay a TMIII in that position for 1 day virtually the same as someone in the role for 10+ years. They know the older employees aren't going anywhere. Secondly, the peer rankings are based on geographical markets that are completely out of your control. If you are lucky enough to be placed in a good territory, you will be rewarded with higher raises and a bigger bonus.

48 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Company

Dec 1, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, great salary structure, collegial atmosphere

Cons

Opportunities for advancement inconsistent across departments.

Reynolds American Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we're glad you're a part of the Reynolds American family.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Territory Manager

Oct 3, 2018 - Territory Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Independence... You have a lot of freedom. It is up to you, to make yourself and your Territory successful. Benefits... The benefits are great and have continued to be, threw out my tenor with the company. Our company cars are also very nice, and a bonus is paid out every February. Work Life Balance... This is mostly dependent on your boss, but I have been lucky to have Division Managers that are not Micro Managers, and trust that I will implement company strategies and use my time wisely.

Cons

Pay... Starting Salary for Territory Managers is low compared to competition. However, as long as your performance isn’t lacking, you can get promoted to Territory Manager II and III rather quickly. Time Management... If you are not organized, and have a hard time managing several objectives at once, this job is not for you.

3 people found this review helpful

Reynolds American Response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, and thank you for being a part of the company for over 10 years!

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Seems to be in transition

Oct 4, 2018 - Territory Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, good chance of advancement if your mobile and aggressive. Work life balance is good

Cons

Bottle neck at AM position combined with ability to be super mobile limits promotion opportunity from the ground floor

Reynolds American Response

Thank you for YOUR tenure with the company and for sharing your feedback and advice with us.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Territory Manager - Trade Marketing

Sep 21, 2018 - Territory Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I wish I had known about this job out of college. You can't beat the opportunity, pay and benefits, and experience when you are fresh out of school. Great benefits like: - company car that can be used for personal use - unlimited personal/sick days with manager approval - fun team-building events at meetings - pretty nice end of year bonus - flexibility and autonomy (depending on your manager)

Cons

Heavy work load. Be ready for things to change on almost a weekly basis, and be able to come up with a plan to get your job done. This is the definition of a self-starting position, so you will have to plan ahead and work hard to keep up. Can be high stress and high conflict at times. The pay is not as competitive as it could be, especially for the workload we have versus similar companies' reps. Not all managers are the same, some micromanage and destroy trust in their teams. Others are positive, supportive, and coach their team to succeed.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Perfect Work Life Balance Company

Sep 16, 2018 - Manhattan Region Territory Manager in Bridgeport, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company truly provides one with the ability to have a work life balance. I've worked for other Fortune 100 companies and I literally worked 60 hours a week and management did not even value my skills but with Reynolds I am working 40 hours a week and all the hard work I am putting is being noticed. The leadership team here, truly value their employees and also care about their physical and mental well-being. The benefits are great; free company car, gas card, great health benefits and a bonus that is based on ones ability to impact others and a culture. Managers want to see their employees doing well and be successful and they provide you with the tools to do so. This company truly embodies their core values and it shows through their people, their procedures and their products.

Cons

The only downside is that this job can sometimes feel repetitive but the managers do a great job keeping one motivated.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 116 Reviews