Robert Walters Intern Reviews

Robert Walters
  1. "Good conoany"

Former Intern - Intern in Kuala Lumpur

I worked at Robert Walters for less than a year

Pros

Good company to embark your recruitment experience

Cons

Only top billers will be treated nicely by the management

2. "Fantastic place to work for my first graduate job"

Current Intern - Intern in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Robert Walters for less than a year

Pros

Even though I am an intern fresh out of Univerity, I am treated the same as every other member of the business, whether they are a Consultant or a Manager I have been given excellent training by my manager to develop my skills and ability to shadow the Consultants around me. I have weekly meetings to check my progress and feel I am very much being catered to. As an Intern I am not a billing consultant, this means I do not have monetary targets on my head so I have the opportunity to develop my recruitment skills without the added pressure to bill The office environment is fantastic with a really friendly, team of people around me, everyone is incredibly approachable and work together brilliantly as a team.

Cons

I feel at the moment my progression path for promotion is not clear on what I will have to do. As I am an intern I am keen to continue developing my skills. Whilst this may not be such a con at the moment, I am keen to know what I will need to do in the future to gain promotion

3. "Good company to work with, Competitive Salary"

Current Intern - Intern

I have been working at Robert Walters for less than a year

Pros

The culture and the people is good there

Cons

Nothing much, but the stress might be high for fulltime

4. "Wonderful company, culture and people - SF!"

Former Intern - Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Robert Walters for less than a year

Pros

Superb team culture and people. RW has an excellent support structure from both management and the entire team. You'll get to work with a group of really smart and driven individuals - this will keep you on your toes but in a good way! As an intern, you will greatly appreciate the confidence that management has in you to put your best foot forward and to achieve your professional and personal goals. And you'll get a chance to try your hand at a variety of tasks and notice that there's plenty of opportunities to grow, thrive and network. Best company to either jump-start, grow or polish your career!

Cons

No cons to mention about the company.

"Generally good"

Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Robert Walters

Pros

Decent salary and benefits, many opportunities to attend events and meetings, good work environment. Energetic, fast-paced and dynamic atmosphere

Cons

Back office were not treated with respect as sales people. A lot of phone calls which can make it very noisy environment. Heavy work load.

Robert Walters Response

June 29, 2015Global HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very pleased to hear that you were happy with our salary and benefits package and enjoyed the working environment in the New York office. As you say yourself the atmosphere is energetic and fast-paced and recruitment is a job that requires a lot of time spent on the phone. That means it can be noisy, but that does create a buzzy environment. We do have private meeting rooms however, where people go to take calls and hold meetings. In a sales business, it can feel like those on the frontline, making money for the business, take precedence, but that is certainly not our intention. Without our back office staff we wouldn’t exist as a business and Rob, Giles and the board thank you for your contribution. I add my thanks too and if you would like to discuss anything further, please feel free to get in touch with me; Ingrid, Group HR Director, at contact@robertwalters.com.

6. "Fun environment, Competitive culture"

Former Intern - Intern in Singapore

I worked at Robert Walters for less than a year

Pros

Fun Environment Competitive Culture Meritocratic I was an intern at robert walters singapore. Through my observations and interactions, the company had a rather fun-loving employees. They were largely young and full of energy who had a penchant for reaching targets. I know for a fact that the money can be really attractive in this company. Bonuses are generous, albeit not fully transparent. If you have the will to succeed and is extremely client oriented, you can potentially be one of the largest billers in the office.

Cons

Competitive Culture Meritocratic The above being said, the fact remains that RW is a largely competitive, quota driven, hit or you're out company. During my short stint of 2 months there, I witnessed a handful of people leaving the company. Convert that to percentage, I reckon it would be in the range of 5-10%. Once, there was a fresh consultant whom i got to know at the start of the week, and by the following week he was gone. Poof, just like that. And the response to why was it so, it was merely a very matter of fact response - "he couldn't perform". I guess people disappearing might hurt the morale of the company somewhat. But then again, it is the nature of this industry.

Continue reading
  7. "Strong company management and friendly corporate culture"

Former Intern - Intern in Hong Kong

I worked at Robert Walters for less than a year

Pros

Good work-life balance, strong care from management towards employees, and there is a clear support in training programs even for interns.

Cons

Keep up the good work!

Continue reading

"Eye opener. Competitive yet fun coperate culture"

Current Intern - Intern in Singapore

I have been working at Robert Walters for less than a year

Pros

Good staff welfare benefits. Free food on Fridays afternoon. Constant supply of hot and cold drinks and fruits too. Friendly people.

Cons

High level of stress to meet sales target for the consultants. High turnover staff rate? Usually consultants leave the company to join a competitor or to do in house HR.

9. "Job Experience"

Current Intern - Intern

I have been working at Robert Walters for less than a year

Pros

Good Management style. Team based oriented environment. Good training program, promises to train up whoever is willing to learn.

Cons

Can be quite hard to find a work-life balance

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews