Robert Walters Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Robert Walters Chief Executive Officer Robert Walters
Robert Walters

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance is really encouraged" (in 21 reviews)

• "Long hours, especially in the early days" (in 29 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Robert Walters - San Francisco, CA Office"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Robert Walters full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to start a recruiting career from the beginning or refine your recruiting skills and learn from people who have been in the recruiting industries for many years!

Prior to joining RW, I had 3 years of inside sales experience and found RW as a great opportunity to make a career switch into a field driven by relationships & networking in person. It gave me exposure to a wide variety of business industries, helped me learn how startups are typically structured and broadened my business acumen.

HIGHLIGHTS:
    - the types of clients RW partners with in the SF office are venture backed tech startups primarily so there is a wide variety of industries to learn about, you get to meet with founders/CEOs/VPs/VC Firm Partners in an ever growing and hot candidate market in Silicon Valley where generally candidates are very opportunistic and open to speaking with recruiters.

- Team oriented environment leads to a really strong internal culture. This is not a boiler room/ cold-calling old school recruitment style environment, rather you are incentivized to work collaboratively as a team, helping your teammates as well as helping your clients & candidates find the perfect match which just feels like a win/win all around.

- on the culture note... ONE OF THE BEST! The office is large enough to have a variety of personalities for a diverse mix of thought but small enough that you really get to know your coworkers. Lots of people hang out together outside of work, quarterly offsites are always fun and planned with unique activities around the Bay Area and all around you’re guaranteed to laugh with supportive coworkers who genuinely care about each other. Plus they just moved the SF office into a snazzy new building that is really modern and has some of the classic tech startup perks (standup desks, snacks, coffee, ping pong, comfy chairs etc)

- there is more of an emphasis on being strategic with your clients/candidates, if you are a people person who values face to face coffees/lunches/meetings, you will do well here as leadership understands the value of getting out in front of clients/candidates in person.

- opportunity for transfers internationally or to other domestic offices is very real, RW is one of the few companies I know that make it easy and encourage any interest to work abroad with other offices (~60 office worldwide to choose from as well)

- Incredible philanthropic opportunities within the company like Charity Days & Fundraisers/Donations... I was lucky enough to go on a company sponsored volunteer trip to Kenya, Africa in partnership with a charity RW works closely with which was life-changing.

- Leadership will invest time in you, just take the initiative to show that you hustle and want to learn and it will pay off. Lots of upward growth potential and career promotions available as well.

Cons

- Long hours but truly it’s a sales job (and compensated accordingly which is nice) so that’s not anything outside of what you’d expect with other similar jobs - the harder you work, the more it pays off.

- It’s a bit of a learn by doing type of job, you will mess up at some point but be open to feedback with management and learn from mistakes.

- Tech platforms weren't the latest and greatest as you'd expect being in the Bay Area but recently before I left there was upgrades happening and leadership would ensure tech/tools that were needed (we did get Macbook laptops approved for example).

Advice to Management

Keep hiring those who hustle and embody the RW culture to keep things going strong!

2. "Pre Employment Screening"

Current Employee - PES Team Leader in Hyderabad
    Current Employee - PES Team Leader in Hyderabad

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

Growth Opportunity, Unity in Teams, Effective Management

Cons

Set up is still very new. In the process of transition

3. "Great people"

I worked at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

Lots of fun, good atmosphere and team building.

Cons

No real recognition for back office employees. The recruiters get all the glory. Poor pension.

4. "-"

I worked at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

introduction to a global recruitment agency
    some events

Cons

bad management, bullying in style and political
    extremely emotional manager, micromanagement
    non-transparent bonus structure
    throw jobs at everyone, accept jobs from every client
    throw consultants under the bus

14 Jan 2019 – Group Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are very concerned by some of your comments as we always strive to uphold a positive and professional working environment. We would appreciate... More

5. "Perfect"

Current Employee - Consultant in Spain, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Spain, GA (US)

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

Good place to develoo your career

Cons

I can not find a specific con

"Senior Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

Learn a lot about the startup industry, thrown into projects pretty quickly. Always things to do, and you can make more money at this agency then most.

Cons

You were only valued if you were doing well. I saw people thrown out with no warning if they were having a rough quarter, people mistreated in the office, and people clearly the favorites because they billed well. It did not encourage career development. Even though its run by senior management, it operated more like frat house with people regularly getting way too drunk at events. Especially in the bay area, you can easily join a startup that pays way more and where people don't give you side eye for leaving after a ten hour day.

10 Jan 2019 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m really pleased to hear that you found plenty of opportunities to learn and get involved in projects as well as enjoyed good financial rewards... More

7. "Senior Accountant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Working culture & lots of career progression

Cons

No cons i can currently think of

Advice to Management

x

8. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Researcher in Johannesburg (South Africa)
    Current Employee - Researcher in Johannesburg (South Africa)

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing team structure.
    Good working environment.
    Good exposure to opportunities and training
    Rapid Growth

Cons

Work - Life balance can be a little difficult

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

9. "3 years and 2 offices (and counting)"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Robert Walters offers a great environment that allows for a productive and collegiate workplace. They are very supportive and can provide resources to allow you to focus on the work at hand and build relationships. RW is also getting much better about flexibility and benefits.

Cons

It is a large organization so can take a while to figure out how to best navigate and utilize the existing relationships. Additionally, they can do more to lower their environmental footprint.

10. "Terrible leadership"

I worked at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

Progressive and want to be innovative

Cons

Leaders are ineffective and micromanage employees

10 Dec 2018 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I’m pleased to hear that you found the company to be progressive I was disappointed to read your comments about your leadership team. I'd... More