Robert Walters Reviews

Found 697 of over 837 reviews

4.1
Robert Walters Chief Executive Officer Robert Walters
Robert Walters
Pros
  • "Friendly, collaborative working environment(in 48 reviews)

• "good training and support, international environment(in 34 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours but to be expected in recruitment(in 50 reviews)

• "Work-life balance, flexibility, KPI based progression(in 27 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Pre Employment Screening

Feb 13, 2017 - PES Team Leader in Hyderābād
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth Opportunity, Unity in Teams, Effective Management

Cons

Set up is still very new. In the process of transition

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Supportive and stable company with exceptional career opportunities

Jul 14, 2021 - Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Responded to the pandemic in phenomenal way all things considered - Able to keep everyone employed during an unprecedented time, whilst most other recruitment companies were making lay offs - In the center of a booming market, consistent flow of business coming in from clients, new and existing - Supportive leadership with a flexible approach to the way we now work in response to the changes in demands since the pandemic - Opportunities are there if you want them, work hard and ask for what you want next, even if it can't happen right away you'll be given guidance on how you can get there - Diversity initiatives are there and you can tell there's meaningful work been put into this strategy in the past 18 months - Huge push on work life balance more so in the last 18 months than ever before - Unbeatable culture, collaborative and fun !

Cons

- For a while there was uncertainty about what the new normal would look like and took us a while to figure that out - The market is challenging at the moment with a candidate short market, so we have to work a bit harder to close people but we're empowered to do what we need to in order to make it happen

Continue reading
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing work place, I am glad to be here

Jul 26, 2021 - Consultant in Tokyo
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team Work Management (Supportive & Flexible) Can move internally Good working culture Fun events Openness on ideas and opinions

Cons

none so far. I've been here for almost one year and although there have been some hard times, my term and my manager have been really supportive on those occasions.

4. 5.0

Great Company

Jul 26, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- great management and leadership; they are open & transparent and give you the backing & support you need - work:life balance is spot on; my manager trusts me so i've got flexibility

Cons

- office facilities could be nicer but then we are moving soon so that's be addressed

5. 5.0

Recently Started with the Liverpool team

Jun 10, 2021 - Recrutiment consultant in Liverpool, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

everything and everything !!! the training is next to none and is clear to see with the recruiters here as they are clearly experts in what the do. the onboarding process is flawless and well though out even during a pandemic. benefits are the best I have ever seen in my whole working career and the client relations are so much easier and I have found with Robert Walters being so reputable within the market client actually want to engage, meet and build a relationship without trying. They respect our advice and approach you rather than having to chase the business which I think is down to the fact of level of service we provide. we have a marketing team who assist when approaching big clients and create a package on your behalf.

Cons

CRM system not the best - that being said they have just invested millions in a bespoke system that is being rolled out this year so a con that has been identified and rectified !!!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Employment review

Jul 27, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

supportive offer clear career progression

Cons

not very flexible with working from home arrangements

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great training and great people

Apr 27, 2021 - Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

The remote onboarding experience is fantastic. The training makes you feel ready to go and the support and welcome from everyone right up to MD level is fantastic from day 1. Everyone is there to work hard and support each other, there's no workplace drama or cliques which you can find in some places. Managers are excellent, colleagues are so warm and ready to help you fit in.

Cons

There aren't really any downsides. When I read reviews prior to joining I was concerned by some stating it was long hours with no balance. If you want to put in extra hours and work that's up to you but it's not something that is encouraged and work/life balance is highly promoted. There's trainings on how to manage time effectively, hard work can be rewarded with an early Friday finish and managers will call you out if they think you're overworking to avoid you burning out.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Jul 14, 2021 - Administrative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, management and great office

Cons

No cons to mention for this firm

Continue reading
    9. 4.0
      Former Employee

Hard work but rewarded well

Jul 26, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of great incentives to do well

Cons

Long hours and a lot of responsibility

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Extremely dynamic, fun and international work place

Jun 14, 2021 - Manager in Tokyo
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun, high stress high reward. RWJ provides employees with full autonomy in creating their own work processes. Female empowerment is practiced throughout the organisation, for working mothers too.

Cons

The nature of that job is stressful but once you get the hang of it it’s easy to manage and fun. Due to the size of REJ there are some organisational politics and changes to handle at times.

1 person found this review helpful