Robert Walters Reviews

4.1
Robert Walters Chief Executive Officer Robert Walters
Robert Walters
Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours But that’s what is required to be successful(in 40 reviews)

• "Work-life balance, flexibility, KPI based progression(in 25 reviews)

1. "Pre Employment Screening"

Current Employee - PES Team Leader in Hyderābād

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

Growth Opportunity, Unity in Teams, Effective Management

Cons

Set up is still very new. In the process of transition

2. "Aggressive & Offensive Managers"

2.0
    Former Employee - IT Operations Analyst in London, England

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Steady pay & decent bonus.

Cons

Management are socially evil. Bullying is common place. If you ask them to stop they will fire you.

July 31, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, although I was obviously disappointed to read it. We take such allegations very seriously as bullying is not tolerated within our business. I would be more than happy to speak to you confidentially to discuss this further. Please feel free to email me and we can set something up. Thanks, Sarah Horridge Head of HR - EMEA

3. "Fierce but good work culture"

4.0
    Current Employee - Consultant in Kuala Lumpur

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

- Strong recruitment branding in the market! - Fast pace and competitive working culture that brings out the best in team members - Work hard, play hard mentality - Managers are doing a well done job for taking discipline against people who can't perform. They manage out those who affects our team numbers and stop them from distracting performers who can bring the best for the company. - Only performers get to be treated well, which is fair and I do not see this as discriminative. Because we do not tolerate with non-performers and they should be managed out. Those who can't bill or does not have a strong business mindset should consider looking for a job elsewhere

Cons

- No cons. Great company to work at with like minded colleagues. Do not tolerate with weak people who can't strive because they are nonsensical

Continue reading
  4. "Typical agency environment"

2.0
    Former Employee - Consultant in Hong Kong
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good commission, benefits were decent & good annual leave

Cons

Competitive, always expected to work overtime

July 31, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, although I’m disappointed to read that your experience didn’t live up to our high standards. While we do believe that a healthy bit of competition can be a great motivator, it should never hinder someone’s ability to do their job or add undue stress. Likewise, while overtime is sometimes a necessity, it shouldn’t be the norm. I’d be happy to have a confidential conversation to get some further details about your experience — if you’re interested, please email me sommer.nisbet@robertwalters.com.hk so that we can set something up. Kind regards, Sommer Nisbet HR Director, Greater China

5. "Great Business to start your Career With"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Melbourne

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was a Senior Consultant in the Melbourne Office. Overall excellent culture, people and team. The friends you make there will be friends for life. Structure and best practice habit development, legacy accounts, brand name. Ability to build a genuine career for yourself and earn a 6 figure salary within 1-2 years. Excellent Director in charge (Melbourne) that genuinely cares for his staff.

Cons

Similar to big 4 in terms of progression timing which is discretionary, bonus are discretionary (but fair). When you start billing higher numbers the bonuses start becoming less and less competitive, however for 90% of consultants the bonus structure will actually benefit you in comparison to peers. Can be smoke and mirrors for progression opportunities, often it is down to timing and 'waiting' for the right progression slot to open up.

Continue reading
  6. "One of the best companies I have worked for"

Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Ho Chi Minh City

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supporting environment with creative ideas, you can do lots of things with high flexibility. Also, the recruitment process is professional and quick.

Cons

Just wish I could wear casual, but it's all good

7. "It's a sales company at the end of the day"

Current Employee - Consultant in Tokyo
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Organised training systems, rewarding commission and incentives

Cons

Management's way of thinking is still quite out-of-date, domestic inspite of being an International company in Japan.

June 22, 2020HR

Thank you for your review. I’m glad to hear that you appreciate our training and non-commission approach — indeed, I believe they are a unique selling point for our business and make Robert Walters a great place to work. Of course, I was disappointed that you feel our way of thinking is outdated. I’m proud of our diverse team, with dozens of nationalities represented in our Tokyo office alone, and I think we strike a strong balance between our global outlook and our local culture. That said, I’d welcome the opportunity to speak to you in more detail — your feedback helps us continuously improve. If you’d like, you can email me at jeremy.sampson@robertwalters.co.jp to arrange a confidential conversation. Jeremy Sampson Managing Director – Robert Walters Japan & Korea

8. "I wish I never left!"

Former Employee - Candidate Manager in Sydney

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company truly does things right! They don't receive commission like most agencies. Instead the have a salary and team/individual bonus, a structure which makes much more sense in this industry and leads to better culture/teamwork and MUCH better candidate/client care! They care about their employees and show it immensely with an annual incentive trip to a new place around the globe. They send a few lucky employees to Africa for a mission trip every year, charity day, happy hours, great benefits, opportunity to transfer globally or work from other offices temporarily. They sponsor incredible causes. Everyone there looks like a supermodel. It was amazing. Great money, enjoyable work!

Cons

I wish my progression was discussed more

"A place for hustlers looking for strong career training and development"

Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Robert Walters is a great place to launch you career in recruitment. The training process for new hires is top-notch, but employee development does not just stop after your first few months. The firm takes great responsibility in staying up to date with industry trends and providing resources to enable consultants at all levels to develop a consultative dialogue with clients and candidates. Awesome people, small (but growing!) office where everyone is welcomed and encouraged.

Cons

Recruitment is all about resilience. Management will support you towards achieving your goals, but there's no hand-holding in the business. As a new hire it can be a little overwhelming, but putting in the time and using the tools you're given in training will help you be successful.

10. "consultant"

1.0

I worked at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

international environment but not very good managed

Cons

very aggressive, less people caring

Found 527 reviews