Robert Walters Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated Oct 17, 2019

4.1
Robert Walters CEO Robert Walters
Robert Walters
Pros
  • "Totally not a traditional corporate; relaxed working environment & fun office(in 34 reviews)

• "Good training, great culture and opportunity to progress in your career in Australia or overseas(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Pre Employment Screening"

Current Employee - PES Team Leader in Hyderābād

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

Growth Opportunity, Unity in Teams, Effective Management

Cons

Set up is still very new. In the process of transition

Robert Walters2017-02-14
  2. "International Induction Training"

Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Phenomenal experience being included in the International Induction Training taking us to Brussels. Highlight of the trip was definitely the exposure to teams from across Europe and hearing all about the different markets and comparing strategies. World class training and wonderful dinner certainly can't be overlooked either.

Cons

The London office is falling behind its European counterparts with regards to the actual office itself. Furnishings, office chairs and the general technology infrastructure could do with an upgrade.

Robert Walters2019-10-17
  3. "Supportive team that hustles"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a great office to get a start in recruiting especially if you haven't had prior experience. Before joining RW SF, I was in a technical industry with no recruitment experience. They have a great team that coaches you through their process to be efficient and successful. I really enjoyed the opportunity to work with some of the fastest growing startups in the Bay Area. I was exposed to different industries, orgs, and leaderships that made me appreciate the value recruitment brings to these teams. This office is especially helpful to understand the SF market if you are a transplant and/or new to tech. Some of my favorite things about Robert Walters: - Great culture! They foster a collaborative culture where everyone is working together. People are always going out to events, HH, or just hanging out outside of work. - They teach you resilience. Recruiting can be tough sometimes but the team here is able to coach you through the lows so that you can come out on top while celebrating the highs so that you continue to chase that feeling. - The Robert Walters approach to recruitment is more strategic and high touch in comparison to other firms which is why the leadership here emphasizes quality over quantity. It really makes you take a step back to see the field as a chess board and how you can make the most out of each move. -

Cons

- They are currently in process of testing new platforms, but, during my time, their platform is pretty outdated. Don't get me wrong though! It works and works well, but it just isnt as intuitive and user friendly as some of the other software today. - This is still an agency and a sales job at the end of the day. You only get out as much as you put it and it can be tough. You have to hustle and have grit when it comes to recruitment. This is not a startup where you can relax and get by. Although it is not KPI driven, there are other metrics of success which reflect your hustle.

Robert Walters2019-10-12
  4. "Top company"

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

Fun, hard work, good career progress

Cons

Don t have nothing bad to say

Robert Walters2019-10-10
  5. "Great company with international opportunities"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company to work for. The culture is very collaborative and everyone works really well together. Excellent training and perks including the opportunity to visit a European city for training as well as experience what it is like to work in another one of our offices around the world! I have been in recruitment for a long time, but RW genuinely care and look after all staff.

Cons

No cons for me at this stage

Robert Walters2019-10-02
  6. "Big pockets to spend on client and candidates"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Melbourne

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Incentives, team trips and other benefits for high performers - Since you spend many hours there it's inevitable to become good friends with your colleagues

Cons

- Long working hours - Discretionary bonus structure set by Manager or Director which is affected by likability

Robert Walters2019-10-17
  7. "Review"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is an element of flexibility in the hours although it isnt encouraged as promised. It is not hugely KPI led and you have a lot of autonomy. Its a grown up environment.

Cons

The bonus scheme is only to your advantage if you are a huge biller. Sometimes if you are only £100 off target, you wont be given a penny completely negating the rest of the billings that you have made. Its quite a cut throat environment, every consultant for themselves, which isn't how it is sold at interview stage.

Robert Walters2019-10-14
  8. "Great company"

Current Employee - Researcher

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Brilliant and inclusive culture - Good progression opportunities

Cons

- Long working hours (exp in recruitment) -

Robert Walters2019-10-10
  9. "Amazing company to work for"

Former Employee - Director in Sydney

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

As a former long term employee, having started at RW as a Consultant, I have seen the company more than double in size, to the current point in time where the company is the most successful it has ever been. A key element of that growth is the company policy to not make acquisitions in order to grow. The growth is organic, with Consultants being promoted internally and trusted to start new teams / offices / countries which means you can have a fantastic, long-term career with RW, with international opportunities should you wish. It's a genuinely stable company with exceptional training and plenty of support for those new to the recruitment industry, including a large back office to allow you to get on with your job. Due to the organic growth model, there's a brilliant culture which is carefully nurtured - It's team based which means it's a nice place to work and it's highly likely you'll make life-long friends here, as the vast majority are like-minded positive, ambitious people which is infectious. The offices are stunning, there's lots of incentives and recognition for a job well-done and you can earn good money too, while being involved in Corporate Social Responsibility activities. Prior to leaving RW, there was a focus on mental health and flexible working practices which was most welcome.

Cons

Robert Walters isn't perfect (I don't believe any company is), but it's run by good people so while there may be frustrations at times, it's important to trust that the company will have your best interests at heart and to go with the flow and stay positive. Those who have a negative attitude won't succeed at RW. In order to have a career at RW, you're going to need to work hard and long hours may be involved. This isn't a 'con' specific to RW, it applies to the recruitment industry as a whole as it's highly competitive and it's an industry where whatever you put in, you get out.

Robert Walters2019-09-07
  10. "Great progression & development opportunities"

Current Employee - Manager in Liverpool, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Really progressive culture, with a management team committed to finding the best ways for you to progress in the way that you want. I joined the business as a Consultant with 2 years experience & have been given the opportunity to grow & establish my own team in a new market - which you just wouldn't get in a lot of recruitment businesses. Fantastic brand that's instantly recognisable An adult recruitment environment that isn't all about metrics & KPI's, but actually about output & billings A great marketing budget that gives you every tool to find common ground with clients & candidates & grow meaningful professional relationships Great overall salary package with lots of flexible benefits

Cons

Some people in the past have struggled with the lack of structure around Business Development & the amount of freedom given to consultants to run their own desks. To be successful you need to be really committed to success & disciplined to follow up leads & opportunities on your own steam.

Robert Walters2019-09-05