Found 93 of over 1T reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "great culture & fantastic people" (in 101 reviews)
- "Good training but it is only focused on how to make you bill and bill fast." (in 89 reviews)
- "Crossover between Walters People and Robert Walters is great" (in 77 reviews)
- "Great team and atmosphere where you can experience global company." (in 47 reviews)
- "Management is great and approachable." (in 38 reviews)
- "The bonus is discretionary and not structured" (in 59 reviews)
- "The typical workday is long hours and work outside of these hours is also common." (in 54 reviews)
- "Discretionary bonus structure not great" (in 27 reviews)
- "Some managers are good while others are very bad." (in 26 reviews)
- "Regular working hours are fairly long and can extend during busy times of year, in addition to attending events." (in 22 reviews)
Reviews about "long hours"Return to all Reviews
- 5.027 Apr 2021ConsultantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearDublin, Dublin
The remote onboarding experience is fantastic. The training makes you feel ready to go and the support and welcome from everyone right up to MD level is fantastic from day 1. Everyone is there to work hard and support each other, there's no workplace drama or cliques which you can find in some places. Managers are excellent, colleagues are so warm and ready to help you fit in.
There aren't really any downsides. When I read reviews prior to joining I was concerned by some stating it was long hours with no balance. If you want to put in extra hours and work that's up to you but it's not something that is encouraged and work/life balance is highly promoted. There's trainings on how to manage time effectively, hard work can be rewarded with an early Friday finish and managers will call you out if they think you're overworking to avoid you burning out.1
- 5.024 Oct 2014Associate DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsLondon, England
The business is focused on developing and promoting long term careers but organically growing their management team from within. The team based approach create a collegiate working environment that is rare in wider the recruitment industry. Robert Walters hires top quality staff and working with industry leaders makes you continually challenge yourself and develop your skills. The meritocratic approach to developing people means that ambition is fostered and not blocked.
The working hours are long and clearly defined. There could be a shorter working hour definition to allow for people who need to travel to and from work.
- 5.029 Jan 2018ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsDublin, Dublin
Opportunities are endless here. The management team do so much to progress you in your career. The atmosphere is the office is fantastic and very team oriented. So much support and guidance and reward.
Some may find the hours long but management are great at recognising and rewarding that it makes it all relevant. Work life balance is really encouraged
- 5.07 Sept 2022Billing AdministratorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSandton
Company is big on diversity and inclusion. People are treated equally, great rewards and recognition.
Working hours is a bit long and you get home late when you working in the office.
- 5.02 Mar 2021Recruitment ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Fun working environment, great people, lots of learning and development opportunities, chance to earn great commission
Long hours and lots of cold callingRobert Walters Response3y
Thank you for sharing such positive feedback about your experience working for Robert Walters. We are so glad that you would recommend us to your network as a great place to work. Robert Walters was recognised as a Great Place To Work® UK in 2020 which was fundamental to keeping morale high and maintaining business productivity and efficiency during a tough and turbulent year by following COVID-19.
- 5.08 Dec 2017Senior ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsManchester, England
Autonomy, Collaboration & Communication from MD and all management within the business as well as the wider group is great Able to offer an excellent service to our clients and candidates. They embrace change and move with the times in order to be the best at what they do. Excellent employer. Very supportive and caring. Understands how to get the best out of us by encouragement, training, recognition! Great benefits and commission scheme! Targets are not unrealistic and you are expected to work hard, but then that is to be expected!
- Not for the faint hearted. - You will lose sleep - but if you cant handle a stressful job at one point in your life, then you should probably reconsider your ambition. - You must be willing to overcome adversity and believe that you will come out on top. - Long hours... but only if you work hard and not smart.
- 4.017 Apr 2021Senior Recruitment ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
A supportive atmosphere and an office that has looked after their staff to ensure they are safe and secure during covid. Smart targets are put in place rather than unnecessary KPIs.
The typical workday is long hours and work outside of these hours is also common.