Robinsons Singapore Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

1.9
  1. "Executive"

Former Employee - Executive

I worked at Robinsons Singapore full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice colleagues And boss . Flexible environment

Cons

No career progression And no bonus

Advice to Management

Be transparent and do listen to employees voices

Robinsons Singapore2019-10-22
  2. "Great environment"

Former Employee - Assistant Chief Cashier in Tampines New Town, East

I worked at Robinsons Singapore part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great and helpful colleagues

Cons

Long working hours, have to deal with rude customers

Advice to Management

Shorten working hours

Robinsons Singapore2019-05-26

"Not bad, if you’re in the right role"

Current Employee - Merchandiser

I have been working at Robinsons Singapore full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good staff discount at brands nationwide

Cons

Low salary, some operations team members are really hard to work with

Advice to Management

Pay your staff better

Robinsons Singapore2018-09-18
  4. "Part time"

I worked at Robinsons Singapore part-time

Pros

Pay not bad for retail, about $9/h Good for part time

Cons

Company politics and toxic environment

Robinsons Singapore2018-06-29

"Troubled Times"

I worked at Robinsons Singapore full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work Life Balance Pay is high for retail standards Good staff discount

Cons

Like the previous reviewer mentioned, there is toxic environment with company politics and gossip mongering Employees are rewarded based on favouritism, not on merit. It is a shame as many employees are passionate about the brand, but because of the lack of future and negative environment, they leave as they probably need to take care of their mental wellbeing No Bonus Scheme as company outlook is bad

Robinsons Singapore2017-12-21

"Confession of an ex staff"

I worked at Robinsons Singapore full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. I enjoyed working with my ex-boss who gave me the autonomy to make decisions and room to grow. She led the team to develop in their own strengths whilst helping deal with the political landscape above. 2. I launched many key initiatives during my stint there and till date, I am proud to say that I was part of the team who brought ideas and initiative to live. We dared to dream and brought those dreams into... reality.

Cons

1. It is a shame looking at the product direction and campaigns now. They lack strategic direction and focus. The high standards set when Robinsons Orchard (now The Hereen) was first established is visibly diminished or dare I say, even gone. 2. I have concerns on how the HR department is functioning. It does not have a proper protocol for staff engagement, staff pulse check or even exit interview. These are all... key tools that are utilized by most organisations to have checks and balances in place to ensure the organisation is moving in the right direction or not letting anything slip. 3. Similar to what many others have shared, favoritism is clearly an issue here too. I have personally experienced potential hires being "blocked" due to "undisclosed" (seemingly political) reasons. Gossip and rumor-mongering seem to rule here, beyond logic and common sense. 4. I have since left the company for a while now, and yet, based on feedback shared with me by colleagues that are still in the organisation, nothing has changed since then. If anything, the decay and issues there have only gotten worse. 5. I have enormous respect for the old guards that have stuck it out in the company, in hope that things change or get better. But at the same time, I heave a sign of relief for those who have experienced the decay and made a choice to leave. It take a lot to leave something you care about, but only if one deems that it is beyond saving or hope.

Advice to Management

I loved the brand but I like many others have chose to leave in the end. I did not have an opportunity to do an official exit interview back then when I left. Should you want to speak with me in private, leave a review here with contact (not sure if you can reply to me directly) and I'm happy to connect (only if I'm confident my details will be kept confidential).

Robinsons Singapore2017-07-24

"Sale sale sale"

I have been working at Robinsons Singapore full-time

Pros

Great colleagues and good staff discount that can be used throughout the group, i.e Marks and Spencer, RSH, Zara, Mango etc. Reporting functions are well thought out, minimal manual work to be done.

Cons

Direction is going downhill. The only strategy the company knows of is sales, promotions and vouchers. Year on year the discounts get deeper and gross profits margins get eroded. The store image goes down the drain, no one buys full price and the flagship store looks like a discount mall. Staff is always busy preparing for the endless events and no focus on forward planning and customer experience.

Advice to Management

Discounting is not a sustainable business model.

Robinsons Singapore2017-02-28

"Unprofessional & manipulative middle to senior management who practices favoritism"

Managerial Role (Head Office) in Singapore

I have been working at Robinsons Singapore

Pros

- Great staff discount across Robinson Group of Stores - 25-day medical leave, unlimited medical claims at list of specific company doctors

Cons

- No annual or performance bonus since 2012. - Dental claim is only $150 - HR team is unprofessional, does not adhere to confidentiality, shows favoritism to certain departments and participates in negative gossiping. - HR does not look into departments that have high turnovers (of more than 5 people at one time) and does not conduct exit interviews when they are able to avoid doing so. - HR team does not look... at improving self, expects all staff to visit the company portal to look at the incentive schemes and staff manuals. They do not answer for their oversight and pushes the blame to the staff. - Middle management instigates negative gossiping and the senior management emboldens them, causing a lot of internal office bullying. Many are afraid to stand up due to indirect threats of being asked to or forced to leave. - Senior management does not give credit when it is due, promoting the ones whom they favor. - Senior management is unprofessional and often makes personal attacks on staff. - Senior management often reprimands staff if results of reports are not pleasing to them and demands staff to alter the reports inaccurately to make themselves look better before presenting them to top management. - Senior management often makes unofficial rules within departments that do not apply to other departments.

Advice to Management

There needs to be an internal review on the senior management team. Often, unofficial directives are given and employees who have commitments (like children or house payments) will have to put up with it or risk losing their jobs. This in turn emboldens the senior management team to continue managing the department unjustly. It will always be a challenge to cultivate loyal employees.

Robinsons Singapore2015-03-30

"HIGHLY Not Recommended"

in Singapore

I have been working at Robinsons Singapore

Pros

Great shopping benefits and perks

Cons

no Annual Wage Salary. no hand phone & travel allowance for buyers. Backwards in system and tools and resources. Management keeps changing & not transparent. No whistle blowing system. Corruption & power abuse happens. Hence, career progression will take a long time. Meritocracy alone is not enough because the environment is highly political - important to guard yourself at all times. The culture does not value... punctuality, hard work & team bonding.

Advice to Management

Consider to impose a rule that any goods received above a certain amount has to be declared to the HR or else it will be exploited for personal gains. Credits should not just stop at senior or mid-level managers - should acknowledge all staff (including executive and below)

Robinsons Singapore2014-12-05

"Good brand with archaic practices"

I worked at Robinsons Singapore full-time

Pros

There are still many dedicated long serving front line staff.

Cons

Not progressive in processes and practices, manual and labour intensive, does not innovate and resting on past laurels.

Advice to Management

Need to be more in touch with the trends

Robinsons Singapore2014-02-21