Roc Search Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated Oct 21, 2020

Found 18 of over 207 reviews

4.0
Roc Search Managing Director/Owner Conor Roughneen
Conor Roughneen
Pros
  • "Have only recently join Roc Search and they have been great at making me feel part of the team(in 43 reviews)

• "Fantastic working environment and there is training provided for everyone regardless of level(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The focus call was a practice widely used at Roc Search when a candidate they are working with has multiple offers (for example)(in 15 reviews)

• "I can’t find any cons, it’s long hours but that’s not a con if you’re making money(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Hard work pays off!

Oct 21, 2020 - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Worked at Roc for a year or so now and have had a challenging but rewarding start to my recruitment career. The team have been very supportive, from providing structured training when required to celebrating every bit of success I've had over my time at Roc and you couldn't ask for a better working environment to be in all day everyday. During the months of lockdown the business put all their effort into ensuring all their consultants were given the assurances they needed to continue doing deals and my manager was constantly on hand to help and encourage me. Really excited to be back in office, see some familiar faces and continue making good money!

Cons

Sometimes have to work longer hours and deal with difficult situations but that’s not down to the company.. that’s just recruitment in general. The hard work pays off when you get your pay check!

2. 5.0

Positive and fun environment

Aug 18, 2019 - Business Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Friendly working environment - Adequate training and support given - Strong database of candidates - Consistent support from management team - Regular social activities - High performing office

Cons

- The work can be very demanding but this is a norm across the entire industry

3 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0

It's Worth the work!

Aug 7, 2019 - Vice President in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined Roc in January as a Business Manager and am fortunate to have been given the opportunity to now run the US business along with the help of my amazing team. I was lucky to be in a position that with my experience, I was able to have interviews at a lot of the major recruitment firms in NYC & for me, Roc edged it mainly because of the transparency from my Ceo, Conor Roughneen. Conor didn't promise me the world, he promised me a fair opportunity, good pay and IF I did a good job, I would progress quickly and truthfully, Conor has followed through with absolutely everything promised. We moved into an amazing new space in Union Square, have to able to attract really impressive experienced recruiters in both Austin & NYC and are expanding to new offices across the US in 2020. Like any business, we are not perfect and there is a bunch of room for improvement but after working in recruitment for the past 8 years, I can hand on heart say I think Roc is a great place to work. I personally care about every single person across our US business and we aim to continue to create a positive, fun working environment, centered around giving our staff the tools & support to be successful. Oh and we are love an incentive trip! Las Vegas next week and Breckenridge, Colorado in the winter. Come join us!

Cons

It is HARD WORK! It really is. The first year in particular is really tough & until you become skilled at the job which can take months and months, really is about quantity of activity. Once you get past that hump, it get's a million times easier!

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Keeps getting better and better!

Jan 17, 2019 - Sales Team Manager in Reading, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working, autonomy, great access to Directors and Senior Managers and always looking to improve the business. Fantastic working environment and there is training provided for everyone regardless of level. Clear career progression with all levels being achievable to hit.

Cons

None I can think of

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

What a business! - Great company and culture!

Aug 28, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was so nervous starting here, first day nerves nearly got the better of me, but from the moment I walked in, I felt like part of the team. Everyone is so genuine, helpful, friendly! Such a fun environment to work in, not enough hours in the day to complete the work load! Time flies when you're having fun! Such great incentives to win. Culture is great and such a great vibe!

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything

6. 5.0

Trainee recruitment consultant

Feb 27, 2018 - Trainee IT Technical Recruiter in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

•amazing support system •commission is uncapped and rewards success •the founder of the company sits at a desk beside everyone and helps out with anything •fun working environment

Cons

None at this time.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Best Career Move

Jan 15, 2018 - Trainee Consultant in Reading, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Highly motivating, fun and rewarding environment to work in. Truly sticks by the saying, 'you get out of it what you put in'. Targets, incentives and rewards to constantly keep you motivated and give you exciting experiences to work towards.

Cons

If you're not self motivated the target driven nature of the job will not suit.

8. 5.0

Roc Search Company Review

Oct 9, 2017 - Recruitment Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training provided by the Trainers and Managers Holidays and incentives Great office environment to work in. Busy, vibrant and exciting offices.

Cons

There isn't any that I can think of the top of my head apart from that you have to work long hours to be successful so everything else gets put to one side.

9. 5.0

Currently on placement year

Aug 18, 2017 - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great incentives -Friendly people -Good working environment -Clear progression path -Helpful managers

Cons

-no cons that i can think off

10. 5.0

Placement Year

Aug 18, 2017 - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great intensives - Great team - Lively working environment - Clear progression in the company

Cons

- No cons that I can think of

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Reviews