Rocket Fuel Employee Reviews about "smart people"

Updated 30 Apr 2019

3.7
Rocket Fuel CEO George John
George John
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "smart people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "place to work"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Rocket Fuel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture and smart people

Cons

Too bad it could not be saved

2. "Senior Data Analyst"

5.0

I worked at Rocket Fuel full-time

Pros

Great people Smart people Access to really interesting data Great place to learn about data analytics

Cons

Heavy workload at times which could lead to working at home

"A Great Place to Work and Jumpstart your career"

5.0
    Current Employee - Technical Operations Analyst in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Rocket Fuel full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Smart People - Competitive Salary - Positive Work/Life Balance

Cons

- Not every team has a great manager - 401k plan is not as competitive as other large companies

May 9, 2017SVP, People

Thanks for keeping it real and reminding management to leverage the positive.

"Do not wish to disclose"

I worked at Rocket Fuel full-time

Pros

Good managers and smart people.

Cons

Too much change. Inexperienced leaders leading a company through a transformation.

"Unstable, dying company"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Rocket Fuel full-time

Pros

Some smart people still left. Good culture. Not too many meetings, more focus on work.

Cons

Most employees have given up and left. Nobody knows who'll still be around next Monday. As a result, the entire stack is riddled with issues and tech debt and every day there is a new bug uncovered and it feels like one day the whole place is going to come crashing down.

May 9, 2017SVP, People

While being mindful that your input is your experience, our attrition in engineering has declined significantly and we are continuing to hire strong engineering talent with skills that enhance and support our platform and AI strategy.

"Rough and tumble"

I worked at Rocket Fuel full-time

Pros

A lot of really smart people. I think they are trying to do all the right things.

Cons

Morale is down. There's a lot of inertia to change. The ad-tech sector is a tough slog right now.

"Love this place - and you will too"

Client Solutions Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Rocket Fuel

Pros

Great benefits/perks, nice people, healthy work life balance, great managers/smart people

Cons

Each department seems to have their own agenda so sometimes communicating between the departments is hard

Continue reading

"New corporate company with too many changes"

I worked at Rocket Fuel

Pros

Smart people, good technology, most people work hard, great work/life balance, innovative.

Cons

Senior Management has no idea what direction they want to take the company. They were constantly changing direction, messaging, C-level management, process etc. They don't think things through, just make hasty decisions and others are left to clean up. When they do make changes they do not provide context or information. Everyone just finds out through the grapevine. Majority of the C-Level management are men.

"On the upturn"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer (Rocket Scientist)

I have been working at Rocket Fuel full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Smart people * Laid-back work culture * People are cautiously optimistic about company's future * Competitive pay * Good health insurance

Cons

* Remnants of cynicism * Average to mediocre benefits (stock purchase plan, 401k match) with exception of health insurance * Older tools (Hipchat vs. Slack, etc.) * Organizational inertia; certain processes hamper efficiency * Some cultural things -- lack of due diligence regarding documentation, code cleanliness, bug report descriptiveness * Some issues with upper-level management & strategy; does not affect day-to-day life but leaves one questioning the long-term future of the company

July 8, 2016Employer Representative

Thank you for the review. We couldn't agree more - the engineering team is very strong. We have increased our communication and input from engineering around our product and customer to ensure we are focused on the right solutions and tech offerings. You mentioned that our Stock Purchase Plan is light - it is actually one of the more progressive and favorable plan designs out in the industry, with two offerings per year and a 24 month look back period. Please check out the ESPP site for more information. We also just started a 401k match program.

"Rocket Fuel gaining new momentum"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Rocket Fuel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good environment. Smart people catching each other doing a great job. Rocket Fuel grew at a meteoric pace in the early years, but at a high cost. The new C-Suite inserted this past year has the company's financial operations in order, and mapped a strong strategy to regain momentum. The stock price seems to reflect this.

Cons

Large office space commitments made by the old regime are being downsized, which is fiscally smart,.. but new NYC commutes will be less pleasant for many.

March 28, 2016Employer Representative

Thank you for your review. We are determined to stay focused, execute against our plan and accelerate momentum!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 English Reviews