Rocket Fuel Employee Reviews about "stock price"

Updated 26 Oct 2017

3.7
Rocket Fuel CEO George John
George John
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "stock price"

Return to all Reviews

"Lot's of tech, lots of challanges"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Rocket Fuel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team, great benefits, opportunities to get responsibility.

Cons

Super difficult competitive environment. Stock price very volatile and on a downward path.

Continue reading
  2. "Wonderful Internship Experience at Rocket Fuel"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Rocket Fuel

Pros

-The amenities are perfect. -Employees are super friendly. -The size of the company is perfect, i.e. allows you to personally interact with everybody.

Cons

-Their stock price doesn't do well.

"A Confused Company"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Rocket Fuel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Generous ESPP structure (although it hasn't been realized yet due to cratering stock price) Lunches Focus on technology

Cons

The CEO has a favorite saying he repeats whenever the Company changes corporate strategy, which is often. “We’re on a boat all paddling in the same direction. If you don’t agree or don’t want to paddle, get off.”, or something to that effect. What he doesn’t say is that the boat you are paddling on is also sinking, and to keep it afloat, every so often he’ll toss a few folks off involuntarily to keep the boat from sinking [that day]. He doesn’t know how to fix the boat, so it keeps sinking, and the process repeats itself. Simon Sinek has a great talk in which he says, “When we feel safe inside an organization, we will naturally combine our talents and our strengths and work tirelessly to face the dangers outside and seize the opportunities”. You will not feel safe working here and those that currently work at Rocket Fuel know this. Most are putting in 50% effort. The market has rejected Rocket Fuel, as evidenced by a ~$2 stock price (5% of its high), and if the stock does not recover significantly more bad things will continue to happen within the Company. The underlying technology at Rocket Fuel is good for a single purpose of playing the online advertising game. It uses machine learning algorithms to do so, most of which is above bar, some is not (think data). There’s lots of Company Kool-Aid to drink and there are smart people left, although the people that built Rocket Fuel and most of the people that worked there early-on are all gone but a few. There have been endless bad investments, such as buying a DMP (which is not even sold or able to sold anymore), over-investing in brand solutions that the market didn’t want, spouting off about how we’re going to bring AI to other industries (yeah right), and on and on. The prospects are bleak. Nobody will acquire Rocket Fuel since the business model sucks and they’re now an also-ran DSP. They now claim to be a predictive marketing blah blah blah. It’s just the latest in a string of attempts at differentiated positioning. Nothing has changed. I loved my time at Rocket Fuel, well most of it, and have fond memories of building something great with great people. Unfortunately the dysfunction is too widespread at this point.

March 6, 2017SVP, People

While it is unfortunate that your review is negative, we do know there are many Fuelers that do not feel the same way as you do. We are not confused as to who we are and what we want to achieve. Our efforts to tighten up our corporate positioning will help customers, employees and shareholders understand how we are evolving beyond programmatic to a platform solutions business. An increase in our stock price to $3+ demonstrates we are turning things around and transforming our business. I am sure as a Fueler you are contributing to our successes and we are grateful for the time that you did spend with us.

"Like It"

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in New York, NY

I have been working at Rocket Fuel full-time for more than a year

Pros

I go to work each day where I work on a team of people who I respect and where I do work that has a quantifiable positive impact on the business. I'm listened to, I'm treated with respect, and my manager and my manager's managers consistently deliver on the expectations they set. My manager is amazing. My manager creates and fosters career growth for me and for everyone else who reports to my manager. I have watched as my manager assumed responsibility for us and built something greater. I am afforded constant opportunity to learn and grow.

Cons

It's been frustrating watching the stock price. I wasn't sure about the CEO, Randy, at first but have become a fan. I believe he offers what Rocket Fuel needs right now.

Continue reading

"Accounting & Finance Review"

Current Employee - Accounting in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Rocket Fuel full-time for more than a year

Pros

In rebuttal of the negative reviews regarding finance/accounting, those are not an accurate depiction of the entire finance & accounting team. First off, those reviews sounded like it was geared towards one specific bad manager & written by a disgruntled former employee, which definitely did not depict my positive experience working for the very competent & smart managers, asst. controller, controller & CFO. Many are very experienced and come from a Big 4 & industry background. My overall experience in each month-end close cycle is of a cohesive team that is organized, with each team member working hard & contributing to meet our reporting deadlines. Plus we have fun together & the team culture definitely prioritizes work life balance after busy periods & encourages rest/recovery with many understanding managers that make sure you take PTO (which is on a flexible time off policy). The accounting team specifically does a wonderful job living out one of our core values of "Celebrating People Being Great" demonstrated by the many milestones that we celebrate frequently (anniversaries, birthdays, baby showers, a job well done & etc)

Cons

-Business strategies & initiatives slow to produce results of growth (in terms of stock price etc) but heading in the right direction

October 18, 2016Employer Representative

Thank you for balancing out the story of what is going on at Rocket Fuel and in the Accounting & Finance department. Your advice regarding on-boarding is spot on. We just initiated an internal task force to map out a more intensive on-boarding program to accelerate new hire engagement and ramp.

"Great place to learn and grow"

4.0

I have been working at Rocket Fuel for more than a year

Pros

-Really intelligent people to learn from -Amazing technology stack that I would put up against any competitors' stack. -Inspirational CEO who I trust will evolve us into the next phase of Rocket Fuel -A lot of opportunity to grow and take on additional responsibilities and projects -Leadership does a good job of being transparent by having Town Halls, Q&A, etc. -Great office spaces; good benefits -Good work/life balance

Cons

-The past year and a half have been spent "cleaning up" some of the inefficiencies from previous years, and our stock price still hasn't reaped any of these benefits yet. -Ad Tech space is tough right now, with more competition than ever. It's tougher and tougher to win deals, even if our technology is best in class. -While changes are always occurring at companies in our space, the rate of change at Rocket Fuel over the past year has been astronomical. Most of the changes have been positive and have helped position us for success, but it can burn out employees as well.

July 8, 2016Employer Representative

Thank you for the review. I know there are many Fuelers that are aligned with your sentiment. We also understand how frustrating it can be when we are working hard, making strong trade offs, being deliberate, getting results and still have the stock price flat. If we continue to deliver consistently, our employees, customers and shareholders will increase their appreciation for Rocket Fuel. Continue to share your feedback and ideas through our internal feedback channels.

"Could have been great"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Rocket Fuel full-time for more than a year

Pros

The core tech is superior to competitors

Cons

Senior Execs make poor decisions and have run the company and the stock price into the ground

December 14, 2015Employer Representative

We believe it will be great. We have had a challenging year and know that not all decisions have panned out. Having a new CEO, creating a compelling vision, clarifying our strategy, aligning our structure and focused on our strategic initiatives with purpose will get us there.

8. "Sales Coordinator"

Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Rocket Fuel full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Recruiting and HR Team made the on-boarding/new hire process frictionless. Being provided with an opportunity to develop my skills in artificial intelligence, business analytics, and big data, I feel that there’s not a better place to apply myself than here with the industry leading ad technology company Rocket Fuel. We’re a small company with big company benefits. We have free catered lunches M-W, snacks, and drinks of all kinds. Provided with excellent health, dental, vision, and PTO policies. You’re given the option to work on either a Lenovo X1 Carbon, or Macbook Air to help you preform on a machine that best fits your needs. Rocket Fuel is really big on work/life balance offering a flexible work environment, everything is cloud based so you can work from home easily. The leadership & sales team here at the Dallas office is genuine, fun, and always willing to help!

Cons

I haven’t experienced any cons, but it seems that some people have expressed some concern due to the stock price has tanking recently. No 401K matching.

January 15, 2016Employer Representative

Thanks for your suggestions to have new hire orientation in HQ. As we begin to increase in our hiring activity, it is good suggestion to take into consideration for future program design.

9. "A cool place to work!"

Current Contractor - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Rocket Fuel for less than a year

Pros

Super smart people, great technologies to work on, cool company culture, great office perks and an energetic new CEO leading the way. One of the better places to work in the Bay area.

Cons

Overcoming the previous executive teams lack of forward thinking in order to build up positive public image and appease shareholders to increase stock price going forward.

January 15, 2016Employer Representative

Thank you for the feedback. Good advise.

"Great work environment"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Rocket Fuel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free catered lunches, snacks of all kinds as well (chips, yogurt, bars, cereal etc). Tons of different drinks. Even strawberries, blueberries, nuts and stuff to make your own huge breakfast. Flexible work environment, everything is cloud based so you can take your work home easily. Everyone starts off with a macbook air or lenovo x1 carbon, so both are super lightweight and you don't need much processing power because of the aformentioned cloud based capability. Our tech/product is actually very great for a company that has had issues with its stock price, and you will work with tons of intelligent yet cool people. The motto here is nerdy but lovable, and that actually seems to be true. I think RF expanded too quickly with headcount which is why the stock has been tanking as we are now trying to cut back expenses like unnecessary hiring, and hopefully the turnaround will be soon. But I'm not worried, what we're doing here is good stuff.

Cons

Please make 401K match (of anyk kind) top HR priority after we cut enough expenses. Aside from that, I haven't experienced any yet, perhaps some people getting a little anxious because the stock price has been tanking recently but we just got a new CEO last week and he seems to have a strong vision and definitely has the salesman skills to pull it off. Only time will tell. I will say comp package of RSU's can be a little more competitive given the strong downward trend of the stock.

November 23, 2015Employer Representative

Thank you for the review. Many US employees have raised the request to have 401k matching. Once we consistently demonstrate delivering profitability, we will absolutely have this on the roadmap to offer to our employees.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 English Reviews