Ross Stores Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

3.1
Ross Stores CEO Barbara Rentler
Barbara Rentler
1,069 Ratings
  1. "Horrible field leadership changes"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Ross Stores full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There is no pro items anymore

Cons

Hours, pay, cut throat, all about bottom line not the people, fake and poor company changes

Advice to Management

You lost your way on what made ROSS such a great company The People who works for you! Yes price is important and so is product line but if you forget the employees then you have missed the target and soon a once proud profit making company will just be a memory

Ross Stores2019-12-07
  2. "Good for Starting"

Former Employee - Store Protection Specialist in Covina, CA

I worked at Ross Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

You get access to security cameras which helps keep an eye on suspicious people. You also get walkie talkies for effective communication.

Cons

Standing the whole shift, no chair, stuck in one place unless you are a mobile, ridiculous self rating just to make sure you know your job when in reality its pretty instinctive to figure out what to do. If I had to restructure the organization for loss prevention I could clean it up and maintain high retention rates for the company at a slightly lower pay. You also have to stand in dress shoes and keep in mind you... are standing the whole time. Definitely go buy some comfort soles and if you are flat footed don't show up to your first day to work without it.

Ross Stores2019-12-06
  3. "Not a bad company to work for. Definitely had its perks"

I worked at Ross Stores

Pros

Discount! Love the clothes and purses.

Cons

Management was a little unorganized and some employees were difficult to work with.

Ross Stores2019-12-06
  4. "Warning do not work here!!!"

Former Employee - Stock Associate in Carbondale, IL

I worked at Ross Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is no Pros to working at this company

Cons

The biggest problem I had is they expect you to do all this work in a certain amount of time and usually the time that they give you is not reasonable and if you do not complete it you can be fired for it and also do not trust anyone not even your own supervisor because they will lie to your face and go behind you and stab you in the back the first chance they get this company does not care about it employees at all... I worked for this company for over a year-and-a-half and they do not care about their employees

Advice to Management

Management needs to start telling the truth and not lying to their employees

Ross Stores2019-12-05
  5. "Can be fun"

Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Ross Stores full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Really good discount and you can move up quickly

Cons

Payroll and some upper management

Ross Stores2019-12-04
  6. "Nice Place to Work"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Ross Stores full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been with Ross Stores for a number of years. It's a nice place to work, but it all depends on whom you work for. I am lucky that I work for a really nice person. Benefits are decent. Medical is OK, dental needs to improve. Nothing but basic is covered under dental. Work balance is good. Company is trying. Would love flexible hours.

Cons

Dental needs to be better. No flexible hours. No option to work from home

Advice to Management

Management needs to have training for their Admin along with room to grow. All focus is but on other employees, but if an Admin would like to grow, what opportunity is available?

Ross Stores2019-12-04
  7. "Great Start"

Former Employee - Assistant Buyer I in New York, NY

I worked at Ross Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros

The on-boarding process is great, very thorough and really helps you get started in your new role. A great work/life balance, no unnecessary long days, summer Fridays, unlimited sick time. Good benefits package.

Cons

Recent restructuring of the merchant roles doesn't give as much exposure for growth, it made it more limiting. Processes need updating, behind from a technology standpoint. Need an option for remote work at all levels. Need more opportunity to build connections with teams.

Advice to Management

Work to make sure all buyers are giving assistants the ability to work in a collaborative environment. It helps for growth if assistants can DO/OWN more of the business.

Ross Stores2019-12-03
  8. "A settled corporate environment"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Ross Stores full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A settled environment: is good for those who want a secure and stable job.

Cons

A settled environment: not much space for the creativity due to heavy bureaucracy, and, thus, limited personal growth.

Advice to Management

Advice to Middle Management: Be more flexible and creative

9. "Toxic"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate/Cashier

I worked at Ross Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

20% discount was the only thing

Cons

Bad hours, horrible management, when I got another job I realized how toxic Ross was they didn’t care about me they only cared about the work and management would get mad at me whenever I would do something eventhough they never taught me how. They would delay teaching me stuff and my coworkers would tell me to do this and I would do it but would get in trouble because that’s not how you do it and there was this... manager who was really rude. When I started they bragged about how much I was going to love it but it was awful and they would overwork me. On top of that customers would treat you like garbage for trying to do your job and follow the company policy. Everyone I worked with at Ross wouldn’t do their job correctly, the only person happy to be working there was the store manager, there was one assistant manager who was constantly giving attitude to customers. Ross doesn’t care about their employees or customers they only care about the money

Advice to Management

Do a better job

Ross Stores2019-12-03
  10. "Simple job with decent pay"

I worked at Ross Stores

Pros

Laid back and easy work

Cons

Difficult Scheduling and customer service at times

Ross Stores2019-11-30